No announcement yet.

The Lee Adama/ Kara Thrace relationship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread is huge so i didnt read much of it, forgive me if im repeating someone elses thoughts..

do you think Kara believes in divorce if shes married to a cylon? and why is Lee still wearing his wedding ring?
    "You'll be the most unpopular robot fighter since Sergeant Feces Processor."

sigpic

God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
      Yeah, I've had a few RL dramas (it's on my LJ) and I kinda lost interest in Stargate for a bit. But I'm hoping to catch up on BSG and have a few more things to say.
      I'll look forward to your comments on the eps this season if you get caught up and get the chance.

Originally posted by pristinaheather View Post
      this thread is huge so i didnt read much of it, forgive me if im repeating someone elses thoughts..

do you think Kara believes in divorce if shes married to a cylon? and why is Lee still wearing his wedding ring?
      To the first question, I'd probably say yes...though that's not a definitive yes. In the past it would have been but as of right now I can't say for sure that she'd drop Sam in a heartbeat because of her conflicting attitude toward
      Spoiler:
      Leoben and some of the weirdness that's gone on between those two this season. Course that could just be confined to him.

Second question....spoilers for some early episode this season that I can't recall the name for because technically this discussion needs to be in tags since it happened this season.....
      Spoiler:
      Did he and Dee get an official divorce? They didn't outright discuss it. Though the dialogue seemed to imply it...the "I guess you got the house" statement or something similar to that when Lee departed Galactica.

If it was official, he still wears it out of sentimentality I suppose. For the same reason his father still wears his, even though he was no longer married.
      Last edited by LoneStar1836; 01 June 2008, 08:47 PM.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        I'll look forward to your comments on the eps this season if you get caught up and get the chance.

To the first question, I'd probably say yes...though that's not a definitive yes. In the past it would have been but as of right now I can't say for sure that she'd drop Sam in a heartbeat because of her conflicting attitude toward
        Spoiler:
        Leoben and some of the weirdness that's gone on between those two this season. Course that could just be confined to him.

Second question....spoilers for some early episode this season that I can't recall the name for because technically this discussion needs to be in tags since it happened this season.....
        Spoiler:
        Did he and Dee get an official divorce? They didn't outright discuss it. Though the dialogue seemed to imply it...the "I guess you got the house" statement or something similar to that when Lee departed Galactica.

If it was official, he still wears it out of sentimentality I suppose. For the same reason his father still wears his, even though he was no longer married.
        I wish he would just sentimentally take it off.... but I'm biased because I have been waiting for Lee and Kara to end up together, and also Laura and the Old Man. And I dont even like Roselin. Honestly, I sometimes think the only reason Dee is still in the picture period is because shes part of the Bigger Picture in some way. But I'm probably wrong.

As far as Anders goes we might have an answer soon. How does this Kara feel about being married to a cylon? Because we all agree she IS different since she came back. She hasn't even frakked anyone has she? I have also just sort of felt that her and Lee where inevitable, but I don't think we will get a definite answer any time soon.
        "You'll be the most unpopular robot fighter since Sergeant Feces Processor."

sigpic

God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...

Comment

I don't want to be negative, but I am getting the increasing feeling that L/K is not going to have a happy ending together. I'm not saying that they won't get their "moment" but right now I'm unsure of how things are going to turn out for Kara. It looks like, at least after last week's episode, that Lee has a definite place in the future of the fleet - and I imagine him leading in the very end...but Kara I hope I'm wrong cause I want a happy ending for these two so bad...but RM doesn't seem keen on giving those out...and he does love to torture Kara, doesn't he?

Although, this "BSG:The Last Supper" analysis makes me kind of hopeful...

BTW, does anyone know if there are going to be any upcoming L/K scenes? They've been apart for far too long...

-Stef
          Last edited by Stef; 04 June 2008, 02:31 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            I don't want to be negative, but I am getting the increasing feeling that L/K is not going to have a happy ending together. I'm not saying that they won't get their "moment" but right now I'm unsure of how things are going to turn out for Kara. It looks like, at least after last week's episode, that Lee has a definite place in the future of the fleet - and I imagine him leading in the very end...but Kara I hope I'm wrong cause I want a happy ending for these two so bad...but RM doesn't seem keen on giving those out...and he does love to torture Kara, doesn't he?

Although, this "BSG:The Last Supper" analysis makes me kind of hopeful...

BTW, does anyone know if there are going to be any upcoming L/K scenes? They've been apart for far too long...

-Stef
            The Hub
            Spoiler:

has a scene of them hugging over Laura's bedside while Laura has a vision of herself dying...hopefully that doesn't spoil anyone too much
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
              The Hub
              Spoiler:

has a scene of them hugging over Laura's bedside while Laura has a vision of herself dying...hopefully that doesn't spoil anyone too much
              Spoiler:
              I liked that scene
              Last edited by Kezia; 25 June 2008, 08:15 AM.

Comment

loved that tiny L/K scene.... anyone gots caps of it yet
                sigpic

Comment

So I am reading an interview with Jamie Bamber and I was not surprised that Jamie too recognizes that these two characters make the screen sizzle. He didn't say it quite that way (that is me adding a bit of embellishment) But he did acknowledge that these two characters have *something*.

Why is it when the actors can see and feel the chemistry with a fellow actor, can play it up and make it not only interesting but dynamic as well that writers/show runners seem almost doggedly determined not to use that?

I was always impressed by the fact that select shows, Farscape, B5 being two, didn't act scared of a pairing that actually worked and instead used it to their advantage and made the overall story and show more filled out because of it. There was someone a fan ...who enjoyed some romance in a show, .. could identify with. Feel like they understood because the characters were *just like us* in many ways when the show itself is basically over the top. Cause lets face it...we aren't going to have a Cylon uprising anytime soon

It makes me wonder if RDM didn't want this romance to over shadow his political and religious messages. That he didn't want his parallel of modern society to be the B-story. I can understand a writer not wanting his message lost...but I have to wonder when it seems like a writer is taking characters in directions that seem absurd how much of the story becomes just what the writer likes and dislikes then what the story is actually about.

Kara and Lee, Starbuck and Apollo, they don't need to be the main story line. But to have bent, folded and spindled this pairing in the ways that he has RDM just really makes me wonder about him overall
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

so reactions to our sorta squee worthy L/K interaction in last nites ep...
                    Spoiler:
                    my my my... they certainly were lookin a bit cozy in dads office
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, I LOOOVED L/K last night...
                      Spoiler:
                      No, they weren't "romantic" but it was nice to see them back to that place of comfort again. Lee's role as president seems to really suit him, he seems more comfortable in his skin now...and Kara appears to be back to normal, which is good I liked their little chats...and the fact that they were kind of taking over the Adama/Roslin roles (her as military and him as civilian). It made me happy to no end to see them working so closely together, the two of them handling the situation side-by-side. I hope we see more of this...and then have it lead back into a solid romance. They've both been through so much and I see them as more mature now - perhaps to have a strong, healthy relationship that neither of them has to keep sabotaging.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Greetings. I too am new to the thread, but I have a discussion question to pose.

First off, I love Kara/Lee interactions in ALL shapes and forms. Even their fighting is intense, their best friends camaraderie is something to envy, and the sparks that fly are blinding.

I guess, while I truly beleive that Kara and Lee do really love each other, I've been considering whether they actually could pull off a "relationship."

Lee is WONDERFUL, but could he trust and love anyone enough to actually make it work? Who is he close to but his father and Starbuck and even then only when they are agreeing with him? One of the things I love most about Lee is his independence in the face of anyone or anything (defending Baltar, his father, the President, Kara, etc.)... I just wonder if because of how he holds himself apart from others (even in the Last Supper image) can he be really in a relationship that works? What do you guys think? I keep going back and forth on that one.

I'm not going to pose this question about Starbuck. We all know the girls has issues and she totally ROCKS!
                        sigpic

Comment

I actually do think Lee could have a relationship with Kara...it would be one that had conflict as well as passion and it would be probably the most fulfilling one he could have . it would challenge him on all levels. he would be pushed to be a better man, a better pilot, a better servant to the people and he would be surrounded by love in so many ways.

Love that holds you when you make choices not everyone else agrees with. Love that pushes you to find the depth in yourself, love that is tender, love that is tough, love that is strong, love that can handle weakness.

I believe that lee and kara could be the epitome of what it is to be a human couple that faces adversity head on and makes it work for them. to bad.....TPTB just don't know how to write that

Comment

OMG!!! I love it.

Great response! I've been battling that one around in my head and as much as I love them together, I just am not 100% sold that it would work out. Maybe now that they have grown up a bit it could, but it does give me pause.
                            sigpic

Comment

comments on the last ep....

hmmm..

oh yes,

Spoiler:
                              kiss is nice... squeeeees... lee you frakkin idiot... you're supposed to kiss the girl back after she kisses you.
                              sigpic

Comment

ohhh well i suppose i can post pixz....

not mine.

CLICKIES if ya dare.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X