The Lee Adama/ Kara Thrace relationship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    I didn't obsessively rewind my tivo during that preview for next week at all *cough*

I agree with you guys...
    Spoiler:
    I really like that Lee just went for her, and didn't question her motives or who she was throughout the entire episode...he just trusted her. Granted, probably not the smartest thing to do...but it was certainly the most romantic

-Stef
    Ditto! LOVE your BSG sig btw!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      Yeah, that was a great line. I think he has always loved her more than she has him, and that just goes to show it.

Well I feel sorry for poor Sam.

Especially when she
      Spoiler:
      clocked the poor guy in the head.

I'm not sure that she would be so quick to put a bullet between his eyes if and when she finds out he's a Cylon. That's just Kara popping off...I hope...cuz I like Anders, and think that Kara really did/does love the guy in her own messed up way.

It might would solve the whole problem about her not divorcing though....

I think the guy really loved Kara and still does. He may not have the history that she and Lee have, but those two have personalities that mesh more, imo.
      You could be right But that conversation we should have in the Kara/Sam ship thread not the Lee/Kara thread
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
        You could be right But that conversation we should have in the Kara/Sam ship thread not the Lee/Kara thread
        I suppose. Is there even one?

Not that I ship those two (Kara/Sam) (so I'm not going to be the one to start one if there isn't), but I don't see why they can't even be discussed here as well as long as it's civil. This is the only ship thread I participate in/read on GW so I don't pay attention "ship thread" etiquette elsewhere. Surely the thread is not limited to negative comments only?

I actually see that as a point of discussion (those two are more alike than she and Lee), but if others don't, oh well. I don't want to ruffle any feathers.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

I suppose. Is there even one?

Not that I ship those two (Kara/Sam) (so I'm not going to be the one to start one if there isn't), but I don't see why they can't even be discussed here as well as long as it's civil. This is the only ship thread I participate in/read on GW so I don't pay attention "ship thread" etiquette elsewhere. Surely the thread is not limited to negative comments only?

I actually see that as a point of discussion (those two are more alike than she and Lee), but if others don't, oh well. I don't want to ruffle any feathers.
          No its not a place to bash Sam. However we do enforce *On Topic* here so if the thread is *Lee/Kara* ship then to discuss Sam/Kara would be off topic

And it could be annoying to the folks that want to discuss, squee and generally gush over lee and Kara. Also discussing Sam would be off putting to those Lee/Kara fans that seriously don't like him and they have no wish to debate the issue here in a thread that is specifically for Lee and Kara.

I did search and there is not a Sam and kara thread...so in order to be within GW rules...you would need to start one in order to discuss that relationship
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 08 April 2008, 05:35 PM.
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

No its not a place to bash Sam. However we do enforce *On Topic* here so if the thread is *Lee/Kara* ship then to discuss Sam/Kara would be off topic

And it could be annoying to the folks that want to discuss, squee and generally gush over lee and Kara. Also discussing Sam would be off putting to those Lee/Kara fans that seriously don't like him and they have no wish to debate the issue here in a thread that is specifically for Lee and Kara.

I did search and there is not a Sam and kara thread...so in order to be within GW rules...you would need to start one in order to discuss that relationship
            Not even in the context of the K/L relationship?

Far enough, but then wouldn't I be off topic over in that thread because I don't ship those two?
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Not even in the context of the K/L relationship?

Far enough, but then wouldn't I be off topic over in that thread because I don't ship those two?
              LOL
              If you are making a comparison regarding a PRO Lee/Kara stance versus a not so PRO Sam/kara stance then yes it would be on-topic here.

Since this is a PRO Lee/Kara thread then it is a given that other *pairings* of either one of them are not the TOPIC of discussion.

From what you have posted already that would be about the extent of the Sam discussion. To go on further discussing the aspects of the Sam/Kara dynamic as the positive versus the Lee/Kara dynamic as not as positive would begin to place you slowly into an Off topic position.

I will use Jack and Sam from SG-1 as an example. Many Jack/Sam shippers did not like Pete... many Jack/Sam shippers didn't mind Pete. However because the thread was a PRO Jack/Sam thread that relationship took precedence and folks who had no issue with the *third party* needed to be more tolerant of the fans who did not tolerate the *third party* since the thread topic was Jack/Sam...not Pete/Sam. So while bashing is not the call of the day... normally there is some character bashing of the *third party* and the folks who don't mind the third party need to realize what thread they are in before getting defensive.

Since many fans like to have at least one place they do not have to justify their opinion in regarding *ships* we try to ensure that both sides have a place to do that as well as a *general discussion* thread. BSG has not had an overall issue with this. However, I was letting you know the rules of this thread as they are enforced on GW.

You don't have to *ship* a pairing in order to make a statement as you did above in a thread that is Pro Sam/Kara. If your comment or opinion is *Pro* (or positive) then it would be appropriate in that thread.

Just as negative comments about the Lee/Kara *ship* would be completely off topic here as well as pro comments about Sam/Kara.

if you still do not understand then we need to further discuss this in PM...we are taking this thread off topic with this discussion

Comment

So while bashing is not the call of the day... normally there is some character bashing of the *third party* and the folks who don't mind the third party need to realize what thread they are in before getting defensive.
                I wasn't being defensive. I've done my fair share of Anders bashing in this thread. Heck I wanted the guy to die back when there were hints that the writers were headed down the quad road.

Just considering how varied the conversation on this thread has been since its creation, for you to call me out on that comment was out of the blue and kind of threw me for a loop as I was only expressing an opinion about the K/S relationship. Even though it's a positive comment, doesn't mean I'm still not firmly in the K/L camp. I was just making some opinionated observations. Guess I should have tossed a statement in there to make sure people knew I wasn't dissing K/L.

if you still do not understand then we need to further discuss this in PM...we are taking this thread off topic with this discussion
                Oh I understand perfectly as I have been on GW long enough to have seen this topic of being on-topic discussed hundreds of times in its various forms.

Leave it to me to stir up trouble..... Cuz I'm such a trouble maker.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

well its my bad as well...I wasn't trying to call you out on the post

I was just trying to point out that if we were going to continue along tht line of discussion we really just needed to move it

Comment

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Spoiler:
                    lovely Lee/Kara kissies.... woohoo! and Lee/Dee is so history too... *grins* i want piccies. need piccys

back to your regular viewing now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Leave it to me to stir up trouble..... Cuz I'm such a trouble maker.
                      You stir up trouble? Never! You're one of my favourite people in this place.

Hi everyone... Howzzit going?
                      Did I hear the "k" word somewhere? I really need to catch up on missed eps. Any pics showing the "k" moment?
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                        You stir up trouble? Never! You're one of my favourite people in this place.

Hi everyone... Howzzit going?
                        Did I hear the "k" word somewhere? I really need to catch up on missed eps. Any pics showing the "k" moment?
                        Well that's what I do when I don't have you around to keep me in line.

Great to see you!! I've missed seeing you around.

I've got no pic atm but I'm sure CKO can provide one.

It was one of the few nice K/L moments we've gotten this season as sadly K/L have quickly dropped like a rock from our screens in the following eps.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

*looks guilty.* sadly i got no pics of the said kiss... but maybe theres some out there... anyone?
                          sigpic

Comment

I got some caps of *that* scene...

Spoiler:

Is that what you're looking for? I have more if you want some

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Woohoo...
                              Good on ya, Steph... Great stuff! It's exactly what I was hoping for.

I was watching a few music vids when I realised how much I missed the Lee and Kara of S1... when they were just a couple of kids messing around.

Originally posted by LoneStarr
                              Great to see you!! I've missed seeing you around.
                              Yeah, I've had a few RL dramas (it's on my LJ) and I kinda lost interest in Stargate for a bit. But I'm hoping to catch up on BSG and have a few more things to say.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

oh yes thats certainly be the scene thx Stef
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X