No announcement yet.

Matt G's B5 Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would that work as a better deterrent? I mean, knowing that you would continue to exist as someone else rather than a nice, clean death?
    sigpic

Comment

I'd like to believe that if science did evolve to the point where we could wipe someone's mind and replace it with a better, saner mind ... we could maybe fix what was wrong with that person in the first place, before they murdered a bunch of people and without having to completely reboot them.

(Sorry if I've taken this too far off-topic, feel free to ignore me!)
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's off topic.

Isn't discussing the issues arising form the show part of the point of a re-watch discussion thread?
        sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
        - R.E.M.

Comment

Well this was it...one last ep...

1. You sort of forgot how 'cleanly' the Shadows wiped out the Narn outpost...

2. So close Mike...

3. Wow...Sinclair and Sakai were actually getting engaged...

4. Poor Lennier...

WE know how this'll play out though...it was another wierd ep to watch...
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

That's the main point of rewatches for me, really seeing how you get there. And did you notice Delenn start to build the holder for the triluminary quite early on? IIRC it was in "And the Sky Full of Stars", when the Minbari threatened Delenn with death if she told Sinclair the truth about what really happened, but it could have been as early as "Parliament of Dreams".
            sigpic

Comment

I certainly noticed it some point mid-season...and of course there was the reference to "Chrysillis"...the amount of stuff I only half remembered even from the eps I watched first time round made this Rewatch worth doing.

S2 is going to be a crazy one because I only ever managed to watch a few eps from that season...will be putting the Rewatch on ice for a bit though. Off on a canal trip before the end of the coming week and when I get back I'll catch up on more current stuff then...off to 2259...
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                I don't think it's off topic.

Isn't discussing the issues arising form the show part of the point of a re-watch discussion thread?
                It is for me, but I wasn't sure this was that kind of a thread.
                sigpic

Comment

When do you think you'll be able to continue your rewatch, Matt?
                  sigpic

Comment

Some point early August.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Good to know, I'll keep an eye out for this thread.
                      sigpic

Comment

OK people...we come to season 2...this is an interesting one. Technically this is a Rewatch but once again I didn't jump on board B5 till S3 and the amount of S2 eps I watched in reruns prior to this I can count on one hand. The opening ep was not one of them!

This season aired late '94/early '95(I think), and I'd have been a Year 7 pupil living in Teddington in the burbs of London watching stuff like Bugs, New Adventures of Superman and Gladiators amongst other shows. Seaquest DSV as well I think. First trip abroad would have been summer of '95 to Portugal...

Anyway, on with "Point of Departure".

1. Sheridan was still commanding the Agamemnon at this point...woah...

2. Is it me or does Sheridan look bleeping young here?

3. So this is where we find out about Minbari souls.

4. How long can the Minbari hold a grudge? For that matter, why did Sheridan get given B5?

5. Obvious emphasis on Ivonova's history with Sheridan.

6. Oh for crying out loud mate...giving a speech to an empty room?

Solid start.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

The speech to the empty room made me chuckle. Sheridan looked very young in the first half of the season. After that he seemed to bloat a bit. I always liked him best in the beard, though.

I thought it was interesting that he was given the command of the station in spite of Minbari opposition to "Starkiller" (which, by the way, was Luke's name in the original script for Star Wars).
                          sigpic

Comment

The speech was to avoid jinxing himself, right? It didn't matter whether anyone listened to it, only that he gave it that day. Kind of like people who won't change their socks until after the playoffs because their team won when they wore them, or in my case, never saying "how much worse could things get?"
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, he did. But to think such superstitions surviving to the 24th century... boggles the mind!
                              sigpic

Comment

The origins of some of our current superstitions go back centuries, so why not?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X