No announcement yet.

Matt G's B5 Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the soul hunter was William Morgan Sheppard - you've seen him on Star Trek, Doctor Who, NCIS, Criminal Minds, and many other programs and movies.
    sigpic

Comment

Old Man Delaware? Wow!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Yup. Funny how actors remain recognizable underneath all those prosthetics.
        sigpic

Comment

1. Londo and G'Kar actually getting on relatively well at the start!

2. Pretty strong Londo ep here, mainly him trying to cover his back but interesting that such a deal turned on the games Sinclair was able to play.

3. Hang on, shouldn't those dodgy geezers be able to recognise Sinclair at least?

Mainly political games, but fun political games.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            Mainly political games, but fun political games.
            "Just don't give away the home world!"
            sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
            - R.E.M.

Comment

I love poor Vir. He puts up with so much.
              sigpic

Comment

1. Hmmmm...organic technology...Shadow tech?

2. Marshall Teague looks pretty young here.

3. Frack that was a nasty weapon!

4. Garribaldi has a point here...we know from the pilot that Sinclair still feels he has to prove himself in some way.

5. ISN reporter, 2258: I have to ask you the same question a lot of people back home are asking about space these days. Is it worth it? Should we just pull back, forget the whole thing as a bad idea, and take care of our own problems, at home?"
                Babylon 5 Commander Jeffrey Sinclair: "No. We have to stay here, and there's a simple reason why. Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics - and you'll get ten different answers. But there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on: whether it happens in a hundred years, or a thousand years, or a million years, eventually our sun will grow cold, and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us, it'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-tsu, Einstein, Maruputo, Buddy Holly, Aristophanes - all of this. All of this was for nothing, unless we go to the stars."

From a 2013 perspective I can't put it straighter than that!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

this thread has got me thinking of doing a re watch have all 5 seasons on good old vhs tape

Comment

Welcome aboard linux geek! Have fun. I enjoy the occasional rewatch as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

VHS? Really?

I have a few VHS tapes lying around, but don't have anything to play them on...
                      sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                      - R.E.M.

Comment

Oh...people are showing interest in this thread again...which eps have I watched since I last checked in here...

Parliament of Dreams: Pretty sure I saw this ep in a rerun circa '98...the various religious ceremonies were fun and it was the first time in this run that G'Kar was likable...

Mind War: Bester's first appearance, interesting enough concept.

War Prayer: Well played from Sinclair and Londo.

And the Sky Full of Stars: Creepy one even though we know how the Sinclair-Minbari thing's going to play out!

Deathwalker: Very interesting conundrum, ultimately solved by the Vorlons.

Believers: First time I'd seen the ep in full though it was the first of a run of eps I caught in reruns circa '96. Talk about a no-win situation!

Survivors: My old mate Mike getting sloshed...though the buildup to threats on Santiago's life couldn't be ignored...

By Any Means Neccersary: Fairly standard scifi concept, didn't see Sinclair's solution coming first time I saw the ep.

Signs and Portents: My thoughts after watching this ep for the first tome were as follows..."the Shadows...that's a Shadow ship...WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING IN S1...?"
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                          Oh...people are showing interest in this thread again...which eps have I watched since I last checked in here...

Parliament of Dreams: Pretty sure I saw this ep in a rerun circa '98...the various religious ceremonies were fun and it was the first time in this run that G'Kar was likable...

Mind War: Bester's first appearance, interesting enough concept.

War Prayer: Well played from Sinclair and Londo.

And the Sky Full of Stars: Creepy one even though we know how the Sinclair-Minbari thing's going to play out!

Deathwalker: Very interesting conundrum, ultimately solved by the Vorlons.

Believers: First time I'd seen the ep in full though it was the first of a run of eps I caught in reruns circa '96. Talk about a no-win situation!

Survivors: My old mate Mike getting sloshed...though the buildup to threats on Santiago's life couldn't be ignored...

By Any Means Neccersary: Fairly standard scifi concept, didn't see Sinclair's solution coming first time I saw the ep.

Signs and Portents: My thoughts after watching this ep for the first tome were as follows..."the Shadows...that's a Shadow ship...WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING IN S1...?"
                          Mind War set in motion some interesting arcs regarding the Psi Corps. The interesting goings-on in Sigma 957 are part of a much greater tapestry.

With Signs and Portents, my goodness. That was a wham episode if I've ever seen one. I watched that episode 3-4 times immediately after my initial watching of it because it just smacked me in the eyes, especially the first appearances of the Shadows.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I have no idea what people's first impression of the Shadows would have been back in '94 but remember I started with S3 and the impression I got from the early eps of that season were that our guys didn't know/hadn't really had any dealings with the Shadows before, hence my jaw dropped when I first saw this ep!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Signs and Portents is definitely the first key episode IMO. If you're going to watch just a few episodes of B5, start with those that have seasons named after them.
                              sigpic

Comment

^ yes to that! I'd say those were pivotal episodes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X