Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trig View Post
    Aye TNT suck, wonder how many execs from there went to Sci-Fi channel...?
    A lot of these corporate types who right the networks often don't have any real experience with writing. Their meddling with the creative process will often tank a show.

Call to Arms was ok, loads better than Rangers..
    Its almost like the entire thing was leading to some sort of spin off..

Annnyway, Crusade next
    A Call to Arms and Crusade are way more watchable to me than Legend of the Rangers. For one thing, the characters are more fun.
    sigpic

Comment

LotR was pretty weak tbh, I wouldnt of watched it again if I had already seen it, CtoA was ok but the first episode of Crusade wasnt as good...

Comment

LotR was pretty weak tbh, I wouldnt of watched it again if I had already seen it, CtoA was ok but the first episode of Crusade wasnt as good...
        By first episode, you mean "War Zone", right? If so, I agree.

When I see the phrase "first episode of Crusade", I guess I've trained myself to think of "Racing the Night" as the first one, and that one is excellent.
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Yeah War Zone, why what order shoudl I be watching them in?

Comment

Yeah War Zone, why what order shoudl I be watching them in?
            It's just that there is an alternative, JMS-approved order of episodes that starts with "Racing the Night". It's no big deal, just an alternate option. The order on the DVD is the airing order.
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I'll watch them in that order then, well starting from tomorrow..

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                It's just that there is an alternative, JMS-approved order of episodes that starts with "Racing the Night". It's no big deal, just an alternate option. The order on the DVD is the airing order.
                Racing the Night would have been an excellent starting episode. It's easily one of my favorite Crusade episodes. I've never actually watched the show in JMS' order. When I have a little time in the future, I'll try that.
                sigpic

Comment

Well thats Crusade finished with, I find myself wanting more..

Just Sleeping Light and Lost Tales left now..

Comment

Just Sleeping Light and Lost Tales left now..
                    Here's an issue...

Spoiler:
                    Would it be considered a spoiler to see the station's destruction in the "Lost Tales" title, before watching it happen in "Sleeping in Light"? Sure, the explosion was predicted in "Signs and Portents" but a first-time viewer would assume it wouldn't happen after the events of "War Without End". If you see the destruction happen for the first time in "SiL", you have the emotion and then another layer where you realize that "SaP" gave a spoiler completely out of context. How would seeing it before, in the "Lost Tales" title, affect this aspect of B5's story?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                      Here's an issue...

Spoiler:
                      Would it be considered a spoiler to see the station's destruction in the "Lost Tales" title, before watching it happen in "Sleeping in Light"? Sure, the explosion was predicted in "Signs and Portents" but a first-time viewer would assume it wouldn't happen after the events of "War Without End". If you see the destruction happen for the first time in "SiL", you have the emotion and then another layer where you realize that "SaP" gave a spoiler completely out of context. How would seeing it before, in the "Lost Tales" title, affect this aspect of B5's story?
                      Good point. I suppose it's possible to skip the opening sequence until after watching Sleeping in Light. But at this point, I don't think it should be a problem because you brought up the point of context. We know B5 will be scragged. It's all about when, how, and most importantly, why. I think the emotion will still be there with Sleeping in Light, especially with what's going on in the rest of the finale.
                      sigpic

Comment

The fact that the lurkers list for crusade doenst add up would be more of an issue I would of thought, even if you ignore the uniform change theres still the lockley/gideon relationship thats all over the place if you watch in the Lurkers order...

Comment

Please vote for Doctor Stephen Franklin.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...V-shows*/page6
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
                            Please vote for Doctor Stephen Franklin.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...V-shows*/page6
                            In honor of the late, great Richard Biggs, I will gladly vote for Dr. Franklin.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, thats that done now.
                              What to watch next is the question. So far this year I've done.

SG1
                              SGA
                              BSG
                              B5

Comment

Now that you've watched one brilliant show set in a space station, why not watch the next best one. DS9, despite being trek, still manages to have continuity and character growth. It's the only ST I can bear to rewatch and I am a definite Trekkie.

Comment

Working...
                                X