Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah thats what I was thinking..

Comment

Well about half way thru Legend of the Rangers so far.
      Its a bit poo isnt it.
      And whats with the different jump/hyperspace effects?

Comment

Ok, finished that now, while it was in the B5 galaxy as such it really didnt feel like B5, was it not written by the same people or did the network have too much interference in it?
        The new graphics were a bit naff, as was that whole virtual fire control thing they had going on, wtf was that all about...

And a few questions.
        Presumably this is after the Telepath war, if its not then where was Lyta?
        Why does G'kar look loads older/darker?
        And, in the closing space shot, where the frak was the planet?!

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
          Well about half way thru Legend of the Rangers so far.
          Its a bit poo isnt it.
          And whats with the different jump/hyperspace effects?
          They started using a completely different graphics engine. JMS felt that the jump/hyperspace effects were never what he really wanted with B5 and Crusade. He said he wanted hyperspace to look like a ship was going through a storm. *shrugs* It's not everybody's cup of tea but I can see why he did it.

I personally thought the VFX in the Lost Tales were superior to all the other efforts they had. For one thing, they apparently lost all the original graphics models so they to start over from scratch with Lost Tales.

Ok, finished that now, while it was in the B5 galaxy as such it really didnt feel like B5, was it not written by the same people or did the network have too much interference in it?
          The new graphics were a bit naff, as was that whole virtual fire control thing they had going on, wtf was that all about...

And a few questions.
          Presumably this is after the Telepath war, if its not then where was Lyta?
          Why does G'kar look loads older/darker?
          And, in the closing space shot, where the frak was the planet?!
          The exact dates of the Telepath War aren't clearly established but I'm thinking that this was just after the conflict ended.

Spoiler:
          It's been pointed at by other canon sources that Lyta and Lennier were killed in an explosion that killed Psi Corps HQ.

As for G'Kar looking older and darker, Narns do age just like humans. They wanted him to look older than he did in 2262 but not as old as his appearance in 2278 with "War Without End, Part Two".

Interesting that they forgot all about Epsilon 3 in the closing shot. I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. They probably just forgot.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah big round spinny thing that station sits next too, yeah I can see how they forgot that

Comment

Yeah big round spinny thing that station sits next too, yeah I can see how they forgot that
              Further evidence that Legend of the Rangers, despite its potential, was definitely off par for the B5-verse.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                Further evidence that Legend of the Rangers, despite its potential, was definitely off par for the B5-verse.
                Another "off" thing: G'Kar was so exuberant it was out of character, but I actually ended up quite enjoying that side of his personality...
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

It's so much so, that I usually don't even count it as part of the B5 canon.
                  sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                  - R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                    I wish we could say 2267-2271 for Crusade, with a full 5 year run, but the world of TV is a harsh one...
                    That it is.

Spoiler:
                    You know, I still won't watch TNT? I cannot believe they used Crusade's money to buy another series before they even canceled Crusade. Though by then they were long since sabatoging it.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                      It's so much so, that I usually don't even count it as part of the B5 canon.
                      I personally don't discount it from B5 canon but it's definitely not something I'd be eager to pop into the DVD player...unless I were feeling a bit odd and wanted to see G'Kar acting as if he had too much to drink.

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      That it is.

Spoiler:
                      You know, I still won't watch TNT? I cannot believe they used Crusade's money to buy another series before they even canceled Crusade. Though by then they were long since sabatoging it.

suse
                      TNT is arguably one of the networks that I dislike the most. I've only liked two shows on it (not counting B5 and Crusade ) and that was Southland (which was originally on NBC) and Memphis Beat (something very different for a cop show). Everything else on that network, I could do without.
                      sigpic

Comment

TNT is arguably one of the networks that I dislike the most. I've only liked two shows on it (not counting B5 and Crusade ) and that was Southland (which was originally on NBC) and Memphis Beat (something very different for a cop show). Everything else on that network, I could do without.
                        Speaking of Legend of the Rangers and TNT, did you know that written on the walls of the Liandra is "F*** TNT" in the Minbari language?
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                          Speaking of Legend of the Rangers and TNT, did you know that written on the walls of the Liandra is "F*** TNT" in the Minbari language?
                          Whoa! I definitely didn't know that! I'll have to take a closer look at the Liandra. Thanks for that interesting detail! How did you know about the writing?
                          sigpic

Comment

Whoa! I definitely didn't know that! I'll have to take a closer look at the Liandra. Thanks for that interesting detail! How did you know about the writing?
                            It's confirmed by JMS in an interview recently printed in the limited edition book "Babylon 5: Artifacts from Beyond the Rim".

I read the entire book in one weekend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Aye TNT suck, wonder how many execs from there went to Sci-Fi channel...?

Comment

Call to Arms was ok, loads better than Rangers..
                                Its almost like the entire thing was leading to some sort of spin off..

Annnyway, Crusade next

Comment

Working...
                                X