No announcement yet.

Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The joys of DVD eh, time to fix all the bits you missed when it originally aired

Comment

Erm, Malcolm's dad was a ranger...

Comment

I am at the tail end of a rewatch that encompasses Crusade.

I had bought the movie collection DVD about 4 years ago having never seen the show; that was a gamble. However, it could not have turned out better seeing as I now believe that Babylon 5 is the apex of science fiction entertainment. It has spoiled me for the rest of television.

Anyways, this is the end of my third rewatch, and here's to many more!
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Babylon 5 is still good and holds its own in the Sci-Fi front imho
          I was watching it the otherday and the missus was on about how crap the CGI was, wonder if we'll get a remake ala BSG in 20 odd years time

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
            Erm, Malcolm's dad was a ranger...
            I take it you mean Malcolm as in Malcolm in the Middle?

Though his role was small, Bryan Cranston brought an interesting presence as a Ranger. In the grand scheme of things, his character Ericcson was an extremely important lynchpin in the Shadow War. Without his sacrifice and that of his crew, the Shadows would not have been at the Battle of Corianna 6 at the same time as the Vorlons. Without the Shadows there, the Allies wouldn't have been able to end the war.

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
            I am at the tail end of a rewatch that encompasses Crusade.

I had bought the movie collection DVD about 4 years ago having never seen the show; that was a gamble. However, it could not have turned out better seeing as I now believe that Babylon 5 is the apex of science fiction entertainment. It has spoiled me for the rest of television.

Anyways, this is the end of my third rewatch, and here's to many more!
            Absolutely, I watched Thirdspace just last night and it's not just a good story but damn it it's just loads of fun. A million-year-old artifact, strange behavior, ancient stories, a parallel dimension, and concluding with a massive space battle... It's all in there.

I'm nearing the middle of season 4 myself and this time, Crusade is going to be part of this re-watch. I think I love and appreciate B5 even more this time around than my last re-watch a few years ago. What's astonishing to me is how much truth there is in what the characters say, especially coming from someone who has had to live some of those truths in real life.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              I think I love and appreciate B5 even more this time around than my last re-watch a few years ago. What's astonishing to me is how much truth there is in what the characters say, especially coming from someone who has had to live some of those truths in real life.
              Yes, B5 can definitely be a lens that life in general can be viewed through; profound and as you say, truthful.

JMS once said that once B5 was done, he would have said all that he wanted to say on television, and he sure made it a fruitful repository of wisdom, ranging from the nature of forgiveness to fasten/zip, and everything in between.
              sigpic
              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Just started watching Thirdspace now, dont have Crusade though, where does that sit in the timeline?

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                  Just started watching Thirdspace now, dont have Crusade though, where does that sit in the timeline?
                  This will give you a rough idea of where Crusade is in the timeline:

408 The Illusion of Truth
                  Movie: Thirdspace
                  409 Atonement
                  410 Racing Mars
                  411 Lines of Communication

520 Objects in Motion
                  521 Objects at Rest
                  Movie: The River of Souls
                  Movie: The Legend of the Rangers
                  Movie: A Call to Arms
                  Crusade (13 episodes)
                  The Lost Tales: Voices in the Dark
                  522. Sleeping in Light
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice one, ta..

Comment

I actually prefer to watch things by the order of their release. I know it doesn't always correspond with the timeline, but it's the way it was originally seen, so...

In in one particualr case, which is In the Beginning, it would be a crying shame to watch it in timeline order .
                      sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                      - R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                        In in one particualr case, which is In the Beginning, it would be a crying shame to watch it in timeline order .
                        Well, for timeline order, In the Beginning would be one last great adventure before Sleeping in Light, and that would definitely be worth exploring for at least one rewatch.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, for timeline order, In the Beginning would be one last great adventure before Sleeping in Light, and that would definitely be worth exploring for at least one rewatch.
                          That's only if your time reference is the time Londo tells the story, not the time of the story itslef (which is what I meant).
                          sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                            That's only if your time reference is the time Londo tells the story, not the time of the story itslef (which is what I meant).
                            Oh, okay.

Even in this case, though... I have heard of several rewatches that indeed kicked off with "In the Beginning". Starting with a bang, if you will.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, okay.

Even in this case, though... I have heard of several rewatches that indeed kicked off with "In the Beginning". Starting with a bang, if you will.
                              I actually started my re-watch off with In the Beginning. It seemed the logical place to start because of the Earth-Minbari War. However, In the Beginning could be watched at season 4, near Atonement and Thirdspace, or again right before Sleeping in Light. I personally prefer it to be in the beginning, as its own title suggests.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                I actually started my re-watch off with In the Beginning. It seemed the logical place to start because of the Earth-Minbari War. However, In the Beginning could be watched at season 4, near Atonement and Thirdspace, or again right before Sleeping in Light. I personally prefer it to be in the beginning, as its own title suggests.
                                Well, if it's a REWATCH then it doesn't really matter. But starting with In the Beginning when you watch for the first time, will just ruine half the fun of watching the show... It answers all of the Minbari war issues which are a mystery for all of the first seasons.
                                sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

Working...
                                X