Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
    Well, if it's a REWATCH then it doesn't really matter. But starting with In the Beginning when you watch for the first time, will just ruine half the fun of watching the show... It answers all of the Minbari war issues which are a mystery for all of the first seasons.
    If somebody's watching the show for the first time, I would likely have them do this for season 4:

408 The Illusion of Truth
    Movie: Thirdspace
    Movie: In the Beginning
    409 Atonement

I think everything would have been tied up very well with that order.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok, well I've just watched Thirdspace and havent watched in the begining at all yet as I didnt have that films when I started watching season 1 so missed it out, should I be watching it now then before I carry on with S4?

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        If somebody's watching the show for the first time, I would likely have them do this for season 4:

408 The Illusion of Truth
        Movie: Thirdspace
        Movie: In the Beginning
        409 Atonement

I think everything would have been tied up very well with that order.
        Originally posted by Trig View Post
        Ok, well I've just watched Thirdspace and havent watched in the begining at all yet as I didnt have that films when I started watching season 1 so missed it out, should I be watching it now then before I carry on with S4?
        I think In the Beginning should come after Atonement.

So Trig, if you are a first time watcher, I'd wait at least untill the middle of S4.
        sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
        - R.E.M.

Comment

I'd watch ITB after season 4 since it spoils what happen to sheridan at the end of season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
            I think In the Beginning should come after Atonement.
            In the Beginning setup a mystery—Dukhat whispering to Delenn when he was about to die. She didn't hear what he told her in In the Beginning but it's revealed in Atonement. That to me is enough to have it be right next to Thirdspace and before Atonement. Now revealing that Sheridan became president of an alliance...well, Londo didn't say what this alliance was about or anything about the context of its formation so ItB could be watched near season 5 or not.

Someone once told JMS that he spoiled season 5 by revealing some of the events in season 4's "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars." He had an interesting response:

As with anything else, B5 (in whatever incarnation) is about *process*. You saw Londo being strangled by G'Kar...but you didn't know how they got there. You know the result of the Earth/Minbari war...but I suspect there will be a lot of surprises in "In the Beginning."
            As with all things, the joy is in the going. We all know we're going to die, that as the poet said, "we are born astride the grave." But knowing that inevitable reality has never stopped human endeavor before....

It's the journey and the doing that matters.

So stories like Thirdspace and In the Beginning could be watched in virtually any order we'd like, and they'd they valid. Seeing the end result isn't the point so much as the process.
            Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 29 September 2010, 11:29 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Well just watched Objects at Rest....

Comment

Well just watched Objects at Rest....
                Cool. I take it you'll be watching the B5 movies and Crusade next?
                sigpic

Comment

Yup, gonna go by the time line posted ^^^ as that includes crusade where as the Lurkers master list doesnt it lists it as a spin off..

Comment

Just to give you an idea of where Crusade takes place in the timeline, here's a quick summary of the latter part of the B5 timeline:

2262 - Season 5
                    2263 - River of Souls
                    2265 - Legend of the Rangers
                    Late 2266 (5th anniversary of the Alliance) - A Call to Arms
                    2267 - Crusade
                    2271 - Lost Tales
                    sigpic

Comment

Just to give you an idea of where Crusade takes place in the timeline, here's a quick summary of the latter part of the B5 timeline:

2262 - Season 5
                      2263 - River of Souls
                      2267 - Crusade
                      2271 - Lost Tales
                      I wish we could say 2267-2271 for Crusade, with a full 5 year run, but the world of TV is a harsh one...
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                        I wish we could say 2267-2271 for Crusade, with a full 5 year run, but the world of TV is a harsh one...
                        Apparently TNT went on a micromanagement spree and actively tried to interfere with the production at just about every level, especially the writing and plot. JMS couldn't stand it and I don't blame him. Apparently some of the more cheesy moments in "War Zone" was the work of TNT.
                        sigpic

Comment

Apparently TNT went on a micromanagement spree and actively tried to interfere with the production at just about every level, especially the writing and plot. JMS couldn't stand it and I don't blame him. Apparently some of the more cheesy moments in "War Zone" was the work of TNT.
                          TNT wrote JMS a memo about "The Path of Sorrows", saying that no one would be interested in backstory and that there wasn't enough action...

My favorite Crusade episode, right there.

* sigh *

* hangs head, slowly raises it up again *

What's your favorite Crusade ep?
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                            TNT wrote JMS a memo about "The Path of Sorrows", saying that no one would be interested in backstory and that there wasn't enough action...

My favorite Crusade episode, right there.

* sigh *

* hangs head, slowly raises it up again *

What's your favorite Crusade ep?
                            That's a difficult one to gauge but I'd say it's a close tie between Path of Sorrows and Memory of War, with both being Galen-centered episodes. In a close second with be The Long Road—just a fun episode to watch to watch on its own .
                            sigpic

Comment

2262 - Season 5
                              2263 - River of Souls
                              2267 - Crusade
                              2271 - Lost Tales
                              I've not watched Sleeping in Light yet...

Comment

I've not watched Sleeping in Light yet...
                                Until you've watched everything else, it's probably a good idea to hold off on that one. The emotional payoff is well worth it. That and it brings such a sense of closure and finality that watching it before, say, Crusade would feel...well, a little strange, at least to me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X