Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    I think this is pretty epic.
    I don't get what people have against Byron. I really liked him.

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    I still love all the dramatic moments. But it is the writing, especially the writing in the mouth of Andreas that really stirs my soul. When nobody watches the show because all Sci-Fi will be viewed with feelie implants and 5D glasses, the writing will still be eternal. And I will still watch B5.

"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past."

"The universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is not narn or human or centauri or gaim or minbari. It speaks in the language of hope."
    "It speaks in the language of trust. It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us and the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born. The small, still voice that says: 'We are one. No matter the blood, no matter the skin, no matter the world, no matter the star. .. We are one. No matter the pain, no matter the darkness, no matter the loss, no matter the fear. .. We are one.' Here, gathered together in common cause, we begin to realize this singular truth and this singular rule that we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one."
    "We are one."
    Those aren't even his best. My favorite is:
    "I believe that when we leave a place a part of it goes with us, and a part of us remains. Go anywhere in this station when it is quite, just listen. Sooner or later you will hear the sound of all our conversations. Every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls."

The Ironic thing though is that since he was talking about B5 those walls were blown to kingdom come by the end of the series....so much for pleasant memories.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      I don't get what people have against Byron. I really liked him.
      My biggest problem with Byron, was that he seemed to know that he'd end up being a martyr. He wanted to do good, no harm in that but before he decided to do his Johnny Storm impersonation, he asked Lyta that at one point he'd ask her to leave. He did nothing wrong, he wanted to help his people, but he thought blowing himself and his more violent followers up was the best thing to do. The guy had an unhealthy complex. Given time, he'd probably have talked them all into suicide.
      Last edited by SaberBlade; 29 March 2010, 07:04 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Byron's martyr complex bugged me too.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          I liked Delenn's speech when she saved the day in Severed Dreams....

"Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives...be somewhere else"
          Ditto.

Comment

"As of this moment, Babylon 5 is seceding from the Earth Alliance".
            sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
            - R.E.M.

Comment

I liked all of the ones above, but the very first one that blew me away was when they zoom in on the dark region in Z'ha'dum and show the shadows for the first time. The episode's name completely escapes me right now but that was one of the most epic moments for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                I liked all of the ones above, but the very first one that blew me away was when they zoom in on the dark region in Z'ha'dum and show the shadows for the first time. The episode's name completely escapes me right now but that was one of the most epic moments for me.
                You're referring to the very first time we see this pretty little face up close, right?

sigpic

Comment

That's the one, I got chills watching that episode.

Comment

That's the one, I got chills watching that episode.
                    Ah, that would be "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum." That was definitely one of my favorites in season 2. For the very first time we the audience got a glimpse of who the Shadows were, their age, their power, and their malice. Delenn certainly wasn't exaggerating when she said that they were, "the greatest nightmare of our time..."
                    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 10 September 2010, 12:54 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

By the way J, I'm watching Parliament of Dreams at the moment (I'm still early in my B5 re-watch) and as a philosophy student I think you'll appreciate this question that Catherine Sakai poses to Commander Sinclair regarding Tennyson:

Ah, and which are which are you? "An idle king doling unequal laws unto a savage race that hoard and sleep and feed and know not you?" Or, "This gray spirit yearning in desire to follow knowledge like a sinking star."

Hmm, JMS certainly had some golden lines. I admit that when I was younger, I was "this gray spirit" but now I'm definitely more the "king doling unequal laws unto a savage race."
                      Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 10 September 2010, 01:05 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

G'Kar getting knocked on his arse was epic, and very realistic as well!

"That hurt!" he says to Na'Toth, in a friendly way.

"Ambassador," she answers, "it was the only way to disable the pain-givers. I had to hit them as hard as possible, as often as possible, and still make it appear as though I were beating you into another incarnation."

"And you didn't enjoy it in the least?" he asks.

"I didn't say that!" she jokingly responds. She asks what G'Kar will do with Tu'Pari....
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                          By the way J, I'm watching Parliament of Dreams at the moment (I'm still early in my B5 re-watch) and as a philosophy student I think you'll appreciate this question that Catherine Sakai poses to Commander Sinclair regarding Tennyson:

Ah, and which are which are you? "An idle king doling unequal laws unto a savage race that hoard and sleep and feed and know not you?" Or, "This gray spirit yearning in desire to follow knowledge like a sinking star."

Hmm, JMS certainly had some golden lines. I admit that when I was younger, I was "this gray spirit" but now I'm definitely more the "king doling unequal laws unto a savage race."
                          I'm the latter I suppose. But I don't understand the meanings maybe. The first being someone being severe because the persons receiving that need it for discipline? And the second being someone with an insatiable thirst for knowledge?

Comment

I'm the latter I suppose. But I don't understand the meanings maybe. The first being someone being severe because the persons receiving that need it for discipline? And the second being someone with an insatiable thirst for knowledge?
                            It's been a long time since I've studied Ulysses but what Catherine Sakai meant by the idle king (at least in the context of the poem) was an idle but restless king, burdened and bound by the obligations of duty, law, family, and the inability to explore the world once more. I certainly have felt this at times with regards to my career in its present phase—no paid vacations—yet.

As for the latter part, you got it right—someone with an insatiable thirst for knowledge beyond the bounds of human understanding. In this sense, Sakai was comparing Sinclair to Ulysses thus making Sinclair a True Seeker (touched upon in "Grail" by Delenn—an episode I'll be watching later today ).
                            sigpic

Comment

Ahh, ok duty bound. Seems life is geared like that these days anyways, must get a good job and buy lots of crap. And stick with that.

Comment

When sheridan gave the order for a suicidal ramming of the particle satellite over earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X