Most Epic B5 moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    Personally, I found the season 5 opening sequence to be epic unto itself. It recapped the first four seasons in stirring fashion, especially the counterpoint between the visuals, the chosen dialogue from various episodes, and Christopher Franke's incredible music.
    The S5 opening felt like a poor man's S4 opening to me. The S4 title sequence, in terms of visuals and music, mirrored the wars going on that season. S5 was an imperial march [pun intended] that really didn't get the blood pumping past "President Clarke under arrest!" S5 was easily my least favourite opening sequence. S1's "Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal... all alone in the night..." remains epic for me.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

That show has so many epic moments that its hard to remember all of them.

But my all time favorite epic moment is the Bar Scene when they captured Sheridan on Mars. (Face of the Enemy) The whole scene with the music and the still photos in between is just fantastic.
      sigpic

Comment

I think this is pretty epic.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          I think this is pretty epic.
          Yep, I would say so. I could watch it, again, again and AGAIN!
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

This clip from In The Beginning is my most epic moment of Babylon 5 mainly due to the amazing music from Christopher Franke.

Here are clips from my second and third most epic moments from the series and movies.
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
              This clip from In The Beginning is my most epic moment of Babylon 5 mainly due to the amazing music from Christopher Franke.

Here are clips from my second and third most epic moments from the series and movies.
              "In the Beginning" definitely has a couple of the series' most powerful moments, with Londo's speech and the brilliant montage about humanity in the background. The President's speech immediately afterwards, calling on everyone to fight "one last battle, to hold the line against the night" was powerful writing.
              sigpic

Comment

After rewatching seasons 2 to 5, I'd have to say the end of season 3, with Kosh telling Sheridan to jump while the White Star comes into rape the Shadows. The end of the Shadow War when the First Ones appear and then the end of the Earth Civil War when Clark turns the Defences against Earth and slightly before that when the White Star jumps into Mars atmosphere.

sigpic

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Lyta in pretty much all of 'Wheel of Fire'? From controlling the entire bar and refusing to be arrested [and the epic Sheridan takedown] to confessing to being the Vorlons' ultimate weapon and having the power to back it up... Lyta. Best. Telepath. EVER.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Lyta in pretty much all of 'Wheel of Fire'? From controlling the entire bar and refusing to be arrested [and the epic Sheridan takedown] to confessing to being the Vorlons' ultimate weapon and having the power to back it up... Lyta. Best. Telepath. EVER.
                    Yeah, that was quite chilling to watch her tap the bar with her fingers and have everyone in the Zocalo imitating her. On top of that, she casually shorted out the camera that was monitoring her and Garibaldi in her holding cell. The fury that gradually erupted from her was definitely one of the highlights in season 5 for me. If she thought it would please her, she could have probably killed virtually every single person in that bar--with the exception of Sheridan.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nah. I'm thinking Sheridan was immune to her telepathy but not to her telekinesis.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Nah. I'm thinking Sheridan was immune to her telepathy but not to her telekinesis.
                        IDK about telekinesis but I always thought that he was immune to her telepathy, at least that's what was implied when he told Lyta You're not the only one that's been touched by the Vorlons
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          IDK about telekinesis but I always thought that he was immune to her telepathy, at least that's what was implied when he told Lyta You're not the only one that's been touched by the Vorlons
                          I'd say he's at least partially immune. However, when she and Sheridan "linked" (for lack of a better word) in Thirdspace it seemed to be an intense Vorlon-style psychic link and she definitely transferred a lot of info about the Artifact.
                          sigpic

Comment

Considering how important he was to Kosh, there is no telling how much of Sheridan was changed by his remnant after being killed by the Shadows. On top of that, Sheridan himself may not have actually been changed, she could have the same type of Asimov's like the ones programmed into Garibaldi. The Vorlons weren't perfect and were shown to have made big mistakes, but hard to believe they'd turn Lyta into the ultimate weapon against the Shadows and not make sure she'd not use those abilities against them. Kosh may have given her fail safes not to do anything to harm him.

sigpic

Comment

If she hadn't gotten knocked out, she would have turned to Sheridan as she levitated him and said, "You thought we could not touch you. You were wrong."
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I still love all the dramatic moments. But it is the writing, especially the writing in the mouth of Andreas that really stirs my soul. When nobody watches the show because all Sci-Fi will be viewed with feelie implants and 5D glasses, the writing will still be eternal. And I will still watch B5.

"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past."

"The universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is not narn or human or centauri or gaim or minbari. It speaks in the language of hope."
                                "It speaks in the language of trust. It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us and the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born. The small, still voice that says: 'We are one. No matter the blood, no matter the skin, no matter the world, no matter the star. .. We are one. No matter the pain, no matter the darkness, no matter the loss, no matter the fear. .. We are one.' Here, gathered together in common cause, we begin to realize this singular truth and this singular rule that we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one."
                                "We are one."
                                Last edited by kmiller1610; 24 March 2010, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X