Praise and Admiration for Babylon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manybleemsago
    Now you make me wish I'd gotten season 1!

I understand WB and AOL are planning on offering B5 for free download sometime this year. Just a couple of minutes of commercials attached to pay for it.

who? what? where? when? why?
    inquiring minds want to know.
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
      who? what? where? when? why?
      inquiring minds want to know.

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...50222&from=rss

"There is a catch. To use the technology, viewers will have to agree to participate in a special file-sharing network. This approach helps AOL reduce the cost of distributing-high quality video files by passing portions of the video files from one user's computer to another. AOL says that since it will control the network, it can protect users from the sorts of viruses and spyware that infect other peer-to-peer systems."

The article mentions Babylon 5. This announcement came out last year, and I've been keeping an eye out for when it finally becomes available. The only downside is, I think I'd really rather have the dvds - they come with the special features.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Originally posted by manybleemsago
        The emperor was cool, wasn't he? Wish he could have come back a few more times!

I love G'Kar in this episode. He covers the whole range of emotions - and when he has to deliver his government's declaration of war...wow!

I'm one of those people who find stories of redemption just as fascinating as watching someone (like Londo) fall...and seeing Andreas portray that in G'Kar during the course of the series was a treat.

Now I'm watching All Alone In The Night. The best scene for me is when Delenn has to tell Lennier that she's been summoned before the grey council. Her statement, "Look at me, Lennier", is sooo sad.
        All Alone In The Night reminded me of another character that gets redeemed, Neroon.

One would wonder why the other 3 worker cast and 2 religious cast grey counsil members would allow the 4th warrior cast to be selected instead of another religious cast person. But now after hearing Lennier say that "serving on the grey counsil is a matter of spirit" it makes me think that maybe somehow they [grey counsil] knew that deep in his heart Neroon felt himself to be religous cast. Right person, right place, right time. Of course they have to break the grey counsil to get there, so maybenot.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

ACTS OF SACRIFICE

Chills at the beginning for the heroic Narn.
          Sad at the end because no one can really help G'kar and I am not convinced that he is convinced they want to help. So sad. And still there is some feeling sorry for Londo, but not much since he brought it on himself (though he did do a nice thing at the end).

Still dont like the new Na'toth. Wasnt to wild about the Ivonova B story either. The whole end of it was quite cringworthy, not my kind of humor, I guess. Though, I did like how the assistant got the joke.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            ACTS OF SACRIFICE

Chills at the beginning for the heroic Narn.
            Sad at the end because no one can really help G'kar and I am not convinced that he is convinced they want to help. So sad. And still there is some feeling sorry for Londo, but not much since he brought it on himself (though he did do a nice thing at the end).

Still dont like the new Na'toth. Wasnt to wild about the Ivonova B story either. The whole end of it was quite cringworthy, not my kind of humor, I guess. Though, I did like how the assistant got the joke.
            The assistant was played by popular 70's songwriter Paul Williams. The one line I thought was pretty funny was when Dr. Franklin told her to "just put a bag over his head and do it for the good of the station" or something like that. Otherwise, it's not among the best of the season 2 eps. You should be coming up on "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum" pretty soon. The season really takes off from there. Oh, and you will see the old Na'Toth (Julie Caitlin Brown) without the Narn make-up in the episode "There All the Honor Lies", which adds some life to an otherwise dull episode. That is also the last episode not written by JMS until season 5's "Day of the Dead".

BTW, there's a new interview with JMS on the website of Infuze magazine. It can be found here. (Free registration required to access)
            Last edited by OriKiller; 02 February 2006, 11:09 AM.
            Shallow are the Ori!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller
              The assistant was played by popular 70's songwriter Paul Williams. The one line I thought was pretty funny was when Dr. Franklin told her to "just put a bag over his head and do it for the good of the station" or something like that. Otherwise, it's not among the best of the season 2 eps. You should be coming up on "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum" pretty soon. The season really takes off from there. Oh, and you will see the old Na'Toth (Julie Caitlin Brown) without the Narn make-up in the episode "There All the Honor Lies", which adds some life to an otherwise dull episode. That is also the last episode not written by JMS until season 5's "Day of the Dead".

BTW, there's a new interview with JMS on the website of Infuze magazine. It can be found here. (Free registration required to access)
              Was she the lawyer?

Comment

Was she the lawyer?
                Yes. She had a great line about "the truth" (typical lawyer comment) but I can't remember it off the top of my head.
                Shallow are the Ori!
                sigpic

Comment

CONFESSIONS AND LAMENTATIONS
                  This ep is sooo sad. I don't know that I can continue to watch it. The really really, really bad thing is that Franklin figures it out, but its too late for the Markeb. I remember right this is the ep in which I really decided I liked Delenn, even if the whole dinner thing made me cring.... I mean I liked her before but it seemed like this ep she was stonger and more confident then some others.

Comment

CONFESSIONS AND LAMENTATIONS
                    This ep is sooo sad. I don't know that I can continue to watch it. The really really, really bad thing is that Franklin figures it out, but its too late for the Markeb. I remember right this is the ep in which I really decided I liked Delenn, even if the whole dinner thing made me cring.... I mean I liked her before but it seemed like this ep she was stonger and more confident then some others.

This is one of my favorite episodes. I loved Bruce and Mira's scenes together (I wonder why... ). I thought Bruce was especially good in this episode.

Comment

B5 Crusade actor Peter Woodward (Galen) was a guest star on Atlantis tonight!!!
                      Shallow are the Ori!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller
                        B5 Crusade actor Peter Woodward (Galen) was a guest star on Atlantis tonight!!!
                        yes, I just could not get techno mage out of my head the entire time I watched the ep.

Comment

THE LONG, TWILIGHT STRUGGLE
                          I like that they actually explained Draus change in appearance instead of just pretending its the same guy.

I kept wondering who the actor was that was playing the Narn briefing G'kar (the one that is apparently G'kars uncle), its the Soul Hunter!!!

This is another depressing ep for the poor Narns and for Londo. He so knows that what is going on is baaadddd. Mass Drivers... what a concept, scary concept. Of course, any sympathy I have for Londo is destroyed by his actions at the end of the ep.

Citizan G'kar, great speech. I hate Refa. Very, very good thing about this show is how everyone gets their come-uppins. Even G'kar got his karma back from S1... poor G'kar. They all do indeed reap what they sow.

Oh and...... Absofragginlootly damit

Comment

SEVERED DREAMS
                            Just about the best episode of sci fi.......... EVER.

Comment

SEVERED DREAMS
                              Well, my favorite B5 ep is "Endgame", but "Severed Dreams" is definitely a great one.
                              Shallow are the Ori!
                              sigpic

Comment

SEVERED DREAMS

Yeah - it was like an earthquake in television format.

I really wish I'd experienced the slow build up that first time fans did. I imagine the impact of seeing this episode was pretty unreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X