Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That the next generations problem to fix my mistakes and for me to whine when they ask for help.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Dinosaur extinction explained. Come at me Round Earthers.

Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I don't see Fred Flintstone in those photos. Fake news!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I always hope so.
          We are the dragons, at least, some of us.
          Can't think of anything else really...
          Nope.
          I get the "why should the majority pay for it" argument, I really do, what I don't understand is the idea that you let the people who benefit the most from it get a pass. THAT is the mindset that I truly do not understand.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I don't see Fred Flintstone in those photos. Fake news!
            But, SPACE dinosaurs!!!
            It wasn't a meteor, it was a space dino!!!
            sigpic

Comment

What if the meteor was the Dino's spaceship
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I think we should listen to GF's space Dino's theory. It's worth as much as a scientific theory right?
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  I think we should listen to GF's space Dino's theory. It's worth as much as a scientific theory right?
                  Of course it is, it was a space dino with an attitude that hit the earth.
                  DUH!!
                  sigpic

Comment

He actually meant to go to Mercury. Dinosaurs aren't very bright, like flat earthers and climate change deniers
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Also look on a map where Ottawa is Annoyed. Quite a long way from the Lakes.
                      But the fact remains that the Great Lakes all drain to the Atlantic through Erie, Ontario and then the St. Lawrence.

There is a "Joint Commission" of some sort that regulates the levels in Ontario via that dam on the St. Lawrence, and they've been making stupid choices since about 2014. They came up with some foolish plan to keep the levels high in the river to allow for shipping interests. It's been screwed up ever since. 2017 was for Ontario shoreline interests, this year, Canada is seeing the flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        But the fact remains that the Great Lakes all drain to the Atlantic through Erie, Ontario and then the St. Lawrence.

There is a "Joint Commission" of some sort that regulates the levels in Ontario via that dam on the St. Lawrence, and they've been making stupid choices since about 2014. They came up with some foolish plan to keep the levels high in the river to allow for shipping interests. It's been screwed up ever since. 2017 was for Ontario shoreline interests, this year, Canada is seeing the flooding.
                        Cool story, still not true.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Cool story, still not true.
                          Yes, I know, this a Democrats' web site.. but maybe that's the best way to educate lizards.

https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/ne...ake-flood-risk

Comment

Yes, I know, this a Democrats' web site.. but maybe that's the best way to educate lizards.

https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/ne...ake-flood-risk
                            Show me the stupid choices.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              Show me the stupid choices.
                              You would have to go into the history. The short version is that the Dam is on Canadian soil, and back around 2014 or so, they decided to alter criteria for adjusting lake/river levels to benefit shipping interests. (Large ocean-going freighters traverse that river frequently in the summer)

Ever since, there have been flooding issues on Lake Ontario and the river.

That was the stupid choice, and since it's on Canadian soil, the US has no control. The Joint commission is in name only, as a practical matter, Canada does what it wants.

Comment

You would have to go into the history. The short version is that the Dam is on Canadian soil, and back around 2014 or so, they decided to alter criteria for adjusting lake/river levels to benefit shipping interests. (Large ocean-going freighters traverse that river frequently in the summer)

Ever since, there have been flooding issues on Lake Ontario and the river.

That was the stupid choice, and since it's on Canadian soil, the US has no control. The Joint commission is in name only, as a practical matter, Canada does what it wants.
                                So, when someone craps in your backyard, it's their problem, but when you crap in their backyard, it's theirs as well?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X