• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I thought all pandas were trash
    That's like saying all alcohol is rum
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It would be better that way
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        The problem is, and has always been is that climate change HAS been a natural phenomena for all of Earths existence, and as such provides a nice "dodge" for people wanting to deny that we can have an impact on it. Making the small leap that we are able to affect a natural event seems to be beyond these people. In addition, the way it has been, for want of a better term, marketed, to the general public allows for dissent. First it was warming, then cooling, then just generic "change".

Then of course you have the things like carbon credits and such to make it appear as a pure money grab. I can UNDERSTAND the dissent of opinion based on these 3 factors, yet it does not change the underlying science, just the opinion on WHY or HOW things should be done. People suggest using solar power? The stock answer is "it's not sunny all the time". Wind? "It's not always windy", Hydro-electric? "it does not help in land-locked places".
        The entire notion of alternate energy get's lost in the sea of excuses about either "it won't work HERE" or the developmental cost is too high, or it's just a money grab.

These have no basis in fact as we are more than capable of using MULTIPLE vectors to fix the problem, and are quite capable of transmitting power across vast distances. Solar farms in dessert regions, wind farms in high wind area's, Water turbines in coastal regions, even nuclear plants in "dead zones" where no other form of energy production is viable, and EVEN limited amounts of coal and petroleum as a bridging gap as well.
        The creation of the train and the automobile had COSTS, but very few alive remember those costs.
        Does anyone deny we are better off for having rapid transportation?
        No.
        Ok, so you admit that it has been an ongoing phenomenon since before we climbed down out of the trees.
        And you admit that they can't make up their minds about what is going on.
        And you admit the whole thing smells as crooked as a 3 dollar bill.
        And you admit that we don't yet have the technology "on the shelf" to take the place of what we have now.

What makes you think that we have that significant an impact? We are not even fleas in comparison to the Earth.

Is it worth trashing the economy to push changes that will eventually happen anyway WHEN THE TECHNOLOGY IS READY?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          What makes you think that we have that significant an impact? We are not even fleas in comparison to the Earth.
          Consider this Annoyed:
          nuclear winters
          one look at China's urban centers
          your old neighbor and her shiznits

We have a significant impact.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Ok, so you admit that it has been an ongoing phenomenon since before we climbed down out of the trees.
            Yes, we live in a cyclical world.
            And you admit that they can't make up their minds about what is going on.
            No, I admit they had a scientific idea of the theory, which due to research has become more clear, and more like a scientific theory. Global climate change includes both warming AND cooling based on where you live, simple as that.
            And you admit the whole thing smells as crooked as a 3 dollar bill.
            No, I admit that some have used it to push an agenda, I will not say that the agenda is inherently "wrong".
            I could print a 3 dollar bill based on need and information, you believe that the 3 dollar bill cannot exist at all, which is a position of sheer ignorance. No one thought we would need a 2 dollar coin here to replace the 2 dollar note, but we did.
            It's called progression.
            And you admit that we don't yet have the technology "on the shelf" to take the place of what we have now.
            No one had the tech "on the shelf" to replace horse drawn carts.
            You are setting unreasonable, and historically inaccurate representations and for what?
            To protect your job?
            How about I let you retrain at 70 with no cost so you can continue to be a viable member of society?
            Do you know how to shoe a horse?
            If the answer is no, you just robbed people of their job, but you seem quite happy with that, because society PROGRESSED, but you argue against progression.
            Umm, I have seen cats die because of fleas, they suck the life out of them, and damage their internal systems to a devastating degree. Would you say the same for 90% tax? It does not "kill" you, so pay up.
            sigpic

Comment

flat tard debunks "alleged" picture of alleged "black hole"

"have you ever looked into space and seen a black hole with your own eyes? hmmm?hmmm?"

idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olmWRmXXAZo&t=2s

Comment

some dude can't stand the fact he has been losing arguments about old movies and other events.

won't accept e is mis-remembering the facts

so he makes up a 'theory'. that being CERN and quantum computers are causing the Mandela effect

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                    Consider this Annoyed:
                    nuclear winters
                    one look at China's urban centers
                    your old neighbor and her shiznits

We have a significant impact.
                    Not really. Even if we did engage in all out nuclear war, in 10-20 thousand years (exact number subject to discussion), the planet would recover, and life would begin anew with the remnants of whatever survived.

Remove all the people from China, and in a very short time, nature would encroach, and in time, it would be something for archeologists to dig up.

And I don't know what you're talking about as far as neighbors.

You don't get it. We are nothing in comparison to the Earth itself.

Comment

Not really. Even if we did engage in all out nuclear war, in 10-20 thousand years (exact number subject to discussion), the planet would recover, and life would begin anew with the remnants of whatever survived.

Remove all the people from China, and in a very short time, nature would encroach, and in time, it would be something for archeologists to dig up.

Humans can kill every tree on the planet, easily. What do you think would happen then?

Caring about climate change is pure human self interest. WE can't kill "the planet" because, as you say, it will stabilize and recorrect, new beings will come from our slimy mudhole.

I have a vested interest in our planet being capable of sustaining our current form of life as we know it, you have no such interest.
                      sigpic

Comment

Notice that you base your opinion on the fact the planet will survive and not humanity.

A nuclear holocaust means sunlight gets blocked which in turns bring a series of apocalyptic consequences, no more crops, no wildlife, poisoned waters, etc. There is no way a group of individuals could survive in self-sufficient underground complexes for 10 to 20 thousand years. Explain to me how you'd survive that in your MAGA?

Good point Annoyed, tell me how you plan to remove all the people from China. Send the militias?

The old lady next door that you kept telling us about how you shoveled her driveway. Unless she's fiction like the rest of your MAGA.

You're arguing the power humans have vs the power the planet has, which is not even the debate here. It's a void argument.

The planet is affected on IDLE mode, unlike anything ever seen in mankind's history. The rest is attributable to natural phenomenons, localized events then the planet goes back to idle. (Medieval ice-age is one of the argument often used by deniers, which is explained by a major volcanic eruption)
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Humans can kill every tree on the planet, easily. What do you think would happen then?

Caring about climate change is pure human self interest. WE can't kill "the planet" because, as you say, it will stabilize and recorrect, new beings will come from our slimy mudhole.

I have a vested interest in our planet being capable of sustaining our current form of life as we know it, you have no such interest.
                          Granted, all out nuclear war would be devastating. But in time, the Earth would recover.

And you do not have as much of a vested interest as you think you do. How long do you think you're going to live? Must of us don't get to 100. None of us get to 150. These are very brief instants when you're talking about a planet.

But all out nuclear war is not really the same thing as "climate change" as we are discussing it.

Consider your last response without including nuclear war.

Comment

Granted, all out nuclear war would be devastating. But in time, the Earth would recover.

And you do not have as much of a vested interest as you think you do. How long do you think you're going to live? Must of us don't get to 100. None of us get to 150. These are very brief instants when you're talking about a planet.

But all out nuclear war is not really the same thing as "climate change" as we are discussing it.

Consider your last response without including nuclear war.
                            I have kids, Moron.
                            I fight for them, not ME, something you will never understand.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just for the record Chaka, GF and Jel. I keep trying to green all you guys but it won’t let me.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Thanks P-90, I might be too low of rank to actually get green for you, I have no clue how that works lol.

Typical baby-boomer ''I don't give a sh*t'' mentality. Just proves my point how the likes of you messed up the planet and went ''Meh, I won't be around in a couple decades, let 'em clean up the mess''.

I have kids, Moron.
                                I fight for them, not ME, something you will never understand.
                                And I fight for your kids too! and bacon, I fight for bacon!

Since we're on the topic of CC, the Ottawa region is experiencing never-seen-before floods as of right now. We've got 3-4 meters high waves in the Rivière des Outaouais right now, many bridges are closed. Dozens of thousands evacuated throughout the province, houses are flooded. Crazy.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X