Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now hear me out. Has anyone considered that Annoyed is a sentient taco? It explains why he stubbornly denies climate change
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Now hear me out. Has anyone considered that Annoyed is a sentient taco? It explains why he stubbornly denies climate change
      A taco makes sense. But i’ve not seen much evidence of sentience.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

*snort*
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Thanks P-90, I might be too low of rank to actually get green for you, I have no clue how that works lol.

Typical baby-boomer ''I don't give a sh*t'' mentality. Just proves my point how the likes of you messed up the planet and went ''Meh, I won't be around in a couple decades, let 'em clean up the mess''.
          BS

And I fight for your kids too! and bacon, I fight for bacon!
          Meh. Bacon isn't worth fighting for. Let the Wookie win.

Since we're on the topic of CC, the Ottawa region is experiencing never-seen-before floods as of right now. We've got 3-4 meters high waves in the Rivière des Outaouais right now, many bridges are closed. Dozens of thousands evacuated throughout the province, houses are flooded. Crazy.
          That's the result of a few years' worth of heavy rain/snow in the great lakes region, all of which drain to the Atlantic through the St. Lawrence. Property owners on the southern shore of Lake Ontario are feeling it too. 2 years ago, the water level actually got so high in some areas that they closed boat launch sites.

Also, there's a dam on that river, controlled by the Canadians that they have been making some stupid decisions with since about 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            BS

Meh. Bacon isn't worth fighting for. Let the Wookie win.

That's the result of a few years' worth of heavy rain/snow in the great lakes region, all of which drain to the Atlantic through the St. Lawrence. Property owners on the southern shore of Lake Ontario are feeling it too. 2 years ago, the water level actually got so high in some areas that they closed boat launch sites.

Also, there's a dam on that river, controlled by the Canadians that they have been making some stupid decisions with since about 2014.
            I am by no means an expert on the subject but that's totally unrelated, this is spring floods on steroids. Basically from what I gather the soil isn't thawed yet so not absorbing water combined with the occasional warm days that caused a rapid meltdown of the snow. Do you know how much of snow we get here? Figure NY times 10.

And dude you're talking about the guys who mastered hydroelectricity, you may bow now.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Also look on a map where Ottawa is Annoyed. Quite a long way from the Lakes.
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

This bridge I pass by everyday, the water is usually a good 20 feet + under that.

Spoiler:

Comment

It will be fine in a few years. The Earth goes in cycles
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

It will be fine in a few years. The Earth goes in cycles
                    It will cyclically get rid of the issue that is screwing it over.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It doesn't affect me. I Don't see how that is my problem
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Multiquote isn't working so I hope I'm not repeating Xaeden but here's your proof...

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        But it's still not proof.
                        Semantics aside, can you prove that whatever change might be happening today is the result of mankinds's activity, rather than another in a series of warming/cooling periods that have gone on since before mankind existed?
                        The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is extremely likely (greater than 95 percent probability) to be the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over decades to millennia.

Earth-orbiting satellites and other technological advances have enabled scientists to see the big picture, collecting many different types of information about our planet and its climate on a global scale. This body of data, collected over many years, reveals the signals of a changing climate.

The heat-trapping nature of carbon dioxide and other gases was demonstrated in the mid-19th century. Their ability to affect the transfer of infrared energy through the atmosphere is the scientific basis of many instruments flown by NASA. There is no question that increased levels of greenhouse gases must cause the Earth to warm in response.

Ice cores drawn from Greenland, Antarctica, and tropical mountain glaciers show that the Earth’s climate responds to changes in greenhouse gas levels. Ancient evidence can also be found in tree rings, ocean sediments, coral reefs, and layers of sedimentary rocks. This ancient, or paleoclimate, evidence reveals that current warming is occurring roughly ten times faster than the average rate of ice-age-recovery warming.

Source: NASA -- Climate Change: How Do We Know?

Scientific Consensus
                        Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As to flat earth theories... I just last week stared out over the Atlantic Ocean and I can imagine that prehistoric people would have looked at that horizon and wondered about what lay beyond, whether their was a sheer drop down into nothingness, or more water and perhaps other land to explore and inhabit.

How a modern flat earth theorist explains himself/herself is beyond me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            As to flat earth theories... I just last week stared out over the Atlantic Ocean and I can imagine that prehistoric people would have looked at that horizon and wondered about what lay beyond, whether their was a sheer drop down into nothingness, or more water and perhaps other land to explore and inhabit.
                            Dragons
                            How a modern flat earth theorist explains himself/herself is beyond me though.
                            Willing stupidity?
                            sigpic

Comment

It doesn't affect me. I Don't see how that is my problem
                              More importantly, why pay for it?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Dragons
                                I always hope so.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Willing stupidity?
                                Can't think of anything else really...

Comment

Working...
                                X