Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in many ways our modern way of life, economy and virtual slavery via hourly wage pay and all of our other "have to haves" are all regressive.

they force us to act in a manner that is not far above a basest behaviors; turn off the electric for more then 24hrs and see how everyone acts

high speed internet, industry, electric on demand, all modern conveniences, have BARELY elevated us away for the cave

corporations and the current systems of government, finance and culture do not make us better then our neo-lithic ancestors..we just have shiny gadgets, and highly processed clothing and food supplies. our addiction to this way of life is regressive as it keeps the individual in "check" and in conformity. keeps us from real progress

its all bread and circuses

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
      in many ways our modern way of life, economy and virtual slavery via hourly wage pay and all of our other "have to haves" are all regressive.

they force us to act in a manner that is not far above a basest behaviors; turn off the electric for more then 24hrs and see how everyone acts

high speed internet, industry, electric on demand, all modern conveniences, have BARELY elevated us away for the cave

corporations and the current systems of government, finance and culture do not make us better then our neo-lithic ancestors..we just have shiny gadgets, and highly processed clothing and food supplies. our addiction to this way of life is regressive as it keeps the individual in "check" and in conformity. keeps us from real progress

its all bread and circuses
      it doesn't matter what form of govt. or economy you have, in all cases there are people at the top of the ladder, people in the middle and people on the bottom, and in all cases those higher up do better than those beneath them a the expense of those beneath them.

That's how humanity seems to be wired.

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
        One must break out from the capitalism mode by engaging in for instance the outdoors on occasion and learning skills that might not be useful on the spot but important to survive.

Just ask around you won't believe how many people cannot start a fire or build basic shelters, and how many people who get lost in the woods don't even have basic survival gear with them which should always be with you if you step in a forest.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          One must break out from the capitalism mode by engaging in for instance the outdoors on occasion and learning skills that might not be useful on the spot but important to survive.

Just ask around you won't believe how many people cannot start a fire or build basic shelters, and how many people who get lost in the woods don't even have basic survival gear with them which should always be with you if you step in a forest.
          In defence of annoyed, he can do all this stuff. I've been arguing with him long enough to know.

His problem lies in thinking that top, middle and bottom are "baked in", and it's also societies problem, which I think is the point Magi877 was making.
          We have evolved, but we have not grown.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I didn't even address Annoyed's comment I quoted Magi

As for evolution it shifted to technological, it's still evolution. Ridding ourselves of tasks to focus on development.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Sigh
              sigpic

Comment

As for evolution it shifted to technological, it's still evolution. Ridding ourselves of tasks to focus on development.
                I bet Annoyed rejects evolution. Its only a theory
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

It's not evolution, it's merely CHANGE.
                  Change is not evolution, it's why their are two different words.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    It's not evolution, it's merely CHANGE.
                    Change is not evolution, it's why their are two different words.
                    Change is a term that doesn't include improvement therefore I disagree. Evolution implies both a change and improvement.

Among many example, medicine tech prolonged our life expectancy. That's a change and improvement. Evolution does not have to be organic in nature.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Are you really suggesting that a species building a rocket and transporting their habitat to another planet is different than fish growing paws to walk on land? Think about it for a minute GF.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Change is a term that doesn't include improvement therefore I disagree. Evolution implies both a change and improvement.

Among many example, medicine tech prolonged our life expectancy. That's a change and improvement. Evolution does not have to be organic in nature.
                        But we are not talking about medicine, or even technology, we are discussing POLITICS, and IT has not evolved, just CHANGED. It was progressive, then became regressive.
                        To change something, you need to recognize is failures.
                        The right had a point in "tearing down the system", it was not working for the people it was supposed to work for, not the old, not the young, but for ALL. That is the point of government. If you want dominance, go live where that "works", Have a king or a queen.
                        Trump offered self service, and that's easy, what he never said was self service was to him alone.
                        sigpic

Comment

Are you really suggesting that a species building a rocket and transporting their habitat to another planet is different than fish growing paws to walk on land? Think about it for a minute GF.
                          YES.
                          Absolutly YES.
                          We work within our ability.
                          Making a spaceship is no more impressive than having 5 figures.
                          Sorry man, I can't jump on your boat here. 2000 years ago we could not even conceive of flight, 50,000 years ago we could not conceive of society.
                          We build on our knowledge, and our knowledge makes us able to do even greater things.
                          When we got 5 fingers, we could build tools.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            YES.
                            Absolutly YES.
                            We work within our ability.
                            Making a spaceship is no more impressive than having 5 figures.
                            Sorry man, I can't jump on your boat here. 2000 years ago we could not even conceive of flight, 50,000 years ago we could not conceive of society.
                            We build on our knowledge, and our knowledge makes us able to do even greater things.
                            When we got 5 fingers, we could build tools.
                            Why is it you consider knowledge not evolution? Start with a basic caveman and compare it to a 21st century bloke. Even the physical traits changed to adapt to the evolution of this knowledge.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Why is it you consider knowledge not evolution? Start with a basic caveman and compare it to a 21st century bloke. Even the physical traits changed to adapt to the evolution of this knowledge.
                              Because knowledge does not change what we are.
                              We know more, but do nothing about it.
                              Knowledge has proven to be ineffective in changing behaviour.
                              If we want to change, we actually WANT to change.

It is the doom of men that we all forget.
                              sigpic

Comment

But, but, but....
                                We do have change. We used to have a view flat, 2 dimensional of Earth. Now we have a multi-dimensional view of Earth, it is a globe.
                                And maybe with more progress it may become a cube
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X