This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    If Trump runs for president, then hello Hilary in the White House ... unless Joe Biden officially announces his candidacy. Saw he would like to.
    I'll give you a better scenario.
    Despite being the candidate with the most public support, the NRC decides NOT to give the nod to Trump, but someone else, and Trump turns around and names someone like Biden as his running mate for an independent go at the WH.

Trump said it at the start of the debate, he is more than willing to challenge as an independent and drive what little respectability the mainstream republicans have into the dirt if they block him. Whatever happens, the Moral majority right of the US is going to break, and I can't say I will shed a tear over that outcome. Pre Regan inviting the "Moral majority" to the party, I would actually have voted republican if I was old enough and American, because the core ideals of the then republican party were actually pretty good.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      What the hell does this have to do with what I was talking about?
      If putting an illegal immigrant on the council is a 'state right' how then is enforcing the immigration laws on the books NOT also a state right?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        If putting an illegal immigrant on the council is a 'state right' how then is enforcing the immigration laws on the books NOT also a state right?
        I think we have gotten mixed up here dude.

Immigration is a federal issue, because those laws are Federal laws, and it is up to the fed to decide if they enforce them or not. Just because a state does not like what the fed does, does not give them the right to overturn federal laws -especially- when they get their backs up if the Fed returns the favour "in kind" and the state claims "constitutional rights" as a defence.
        The US fought a bloody, destructive campaign with itself to achieve the kind of unity that the EU is trying to emulate now, why would you want to go backwards from where you are as a nation now?
        sigpic

Comment

If Trump runs for president, then hello Hilary in the White House ... unless Joe Biden officially announces his candidacy. Saw he would like to.
          Oh, I expect that Hillary will be eventual victor. Unless Trump runs and wins as a 3rd party candidate. Which at this time, it appears he has a significant chance of doing.

Many people, like myself, do not agree with the agenda and actions of the National Republican party, as run by the National Republican Committee. (NRC) It has not been acting in what I consider to be the best interests of the US for a long time now. This widespread dissatisfaction with the NRC is what sparked the "Tea Party" movement.

Prior to Trump's entry into the picture, I predicted it would go this way.

The primaries are essentially dog & pony show. The NRC would eventually choose someone who toes their line, by way of whom they choose to provide financial support and other resources to. Due to that support, that candidate would win the primary, and run under the R banner in 2016. The Democrats are going to run Hillary, despite all of her scandal baggage. Scandals don't seem to bother Democrat voters all that much.

The RINO the NRC eventually selects will have lukewarm support at best from many of us on the right, just as McCain and Romney didn't garner strong support. Hillary, on the other hand, will generate rabid support levels among those on the left. Voters on the left will be strongly motivated to vote for Hillary, while voters on the right, not so much for whoever the NRC throws up.

Hillary wins in 2016.

Now, Trump has entered the picture. He is courting the dissatisfied voters on the right, many of the same folks that made up the Tea Party. And his message is resonating VERY strongly with them. But regardless of his popularity with the voters, the NRC kingmakers will not choose him to run under the R banner, because he will not toe their line. Same story played out with the Tea Party; very popular with disgruntled Republican/Conservatives, but the NRC would not support them, actually working against them at times.

The difference is the Tea Party never had a real chance of making any headway because they lack the financial resources to go toe to toe with the NRC.
          Trump suffers no such handicap. He has the financial and other resources to run an effective campaign.

So, as it stands now, while I think Hillary will be the eventual victor in 2016, I think Trump is the best chance of not getting Hillary. I don't expect the eventually Republican nominee has a chance of winning, while Trump might just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            The US fought a bloody, destructive campaign with itself to achieve the kind of unity that the EU is trying to emulate now, why would you want to go backwards from where you are as a nation now?
            Are you referring to the Civil war? What does that have to do with illegal immigration? The EU is a collection of different nations, joining together to form a unified economic and trading block.

What does that have to do with a large number of people sneaking into a country illegally?

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
              If Trump wins the presidency, then I'm moving to Ireland. Same with Hillary. Not that I can't see a woman in the office of president; I can see that someday. But not her. And not Trump, either.
              Allow me --> CIA World Factbook: Ireland

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service Home Page

Social Welfare System in Ireland

One of my favorite countries for vacationing, and if I ever decide to leave Belgium than Ireland will be my first choice to move to.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Allow me --> CIA World Factbook: Ireland

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service Home Page

Social Welfare System in Ireland

One of my favorite countries for vacationing, and if I ever decide to leave Belgium than Ireland will be my first choice to move to.
                Does this mean that you would choose the nation you live in based upon whichever one will give you the most free shiznit?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Does this mean that you would choose the nation you live in based upon whichever one will give you the most free shiznit?
                  No, the wide open spaces, the mountains, nature, ... the people... I don't choose based on economy or political situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Are you referring to the Civil war? What does that have to do with illegal immigration? The EU is a collection of different nations, joining together to form a unified economic and trading block.

What does that have to do with a large number of people sneaking into a country illegally?
                    Umm, a lot of states get antsy about the fed, and what it does or does not to, and then they say stupid stuff like "lets cede from the US", and immigration illegal or legal seems to be one of those subjects that can get that response.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just meant that I don't like either Hillary OR Trump. Don't know who I like yet.
                      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                        I just meant that I don't like either Hillary OR Trump. Don't know who I like yet.
                        There's still time and plenty folks to choose from... Are you republican-minded, or democrat-minded?

For all your Presidential Candidates needs.

Comment

I don't like calling myself republican or Democrat. I don't like this us vs them mentality. I have voted for both sides
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I don't like calling myself republican or Democrat. I don't like this us vs them mentality. I have voted for both sides
                            I generally vote for the folks who have a program worth voting for. And I don't stick to one party (even though I am a member of one political party).

Comment

We are not that different FH
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok, by now, most are no doubt aware that Fergesun, MO erupted in violence again, as some thug opened fire on an undercover police car and was promptly rewarded for his efforts.

Here's a quote from an "activist" regarding the situation.
                                Activist groups said Tyrone Harris was shot by plain clothes police.

"It was a poor decision to use plain clothes officers in a protest setting because it made it difficult for people to identify police officers, which is essential to the safety of community members,” said Kayla Reed, a field organizer with the Organization of Black Struggle.
                                So, in her eyes, it's ok to open fire on a carload of people as long as they are not cops?

Is it any wonder that people don't take these folks seriously? If a group wants to be recognized as more than a pack of thugs, perhaps they shouldn't behave as common thugs and criminals. What she should have done is to have denounced the actions of the criminal as just that, the actions of a criminal.

[EDIT]
                                Forgot to add link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0QE0HI20150810
                                [/EDIT]
                                Last edited by Annoyed; 10 August 2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X