Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Gun control, who needs it.
      Deer
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Ok, by now, most are no doubt aware that Fergesun, MO erupted in violence again, as some thug opened fire on an undercover police car and was promptly rewarded for his efforts.

Here's a quote from an "activist" regarding the situation.

So, in her eyes, it's ok to open fire on a carload of people as long as they are not cops?

Is it any wonder that people don't take these folks seriously? If a group wants to be recognized as more than a pack of thugs, perhaps they shouldn't behave as common thugs and criminals. What she should have done is to have denounced the actions of the criminal as just that, the actions of a criminal.
        It did to me, seem strange how she was wording her statement. But then again, i said this wouldn't be peaceful..

Now THIS made me laugh..
        http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...speech-n406546

How do these gals expect anyone to show 'respect' for their message when they act like this?

Comment

What we need is criminal control, not gun control. The criminals don't care if they're legal or not. They will still use them.

Comment

cowards like those 2 who killed Diaz Zeferino definitely need it

Comment

Here's my opinion. The guns are an object. You can see it, and touch it. It's what a person DOES with it that's the issue. How you use it matters.
              Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
              (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                Here's my opinion. The guns are an object. You can see it, and touch it. It's what a person DOES with it that's the issue. How you use it matters.
                Err, why not just go with the old "Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people"?
                How you use it does matter, sure.
                So does ease of use, and likely body count vs time needed. (this is the bit that most reasonable gun control people are interested in)
                Want a gun for home defence?
                Here, have this .38 revolver.
                I am not stopping you from having a gun, am I?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Err, why not just go with the old "Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people"?
                  Guns don't kill people, people kill people, the tool used doesn't matter all that much.

As far as how many are killed, gun control won't stop mass killings either. Any numbnut with the brains God promised a doorknob can construct an explosive device out of commonly available materials, if they want to kill a bunch of people at once.

Comment

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, the tool used doesn't matter all that much.
                    Ease of use is always a consideration, and don't try to say otherwise.
                    As far as how many are killed, gun control won't stop mass killings either. Any numbnut with the brains God promised a doorknob can construct an explosive device out of commonly available materials, if they want to kill a bunch of people at once.
                    And yet, you very rarely hear of mass bombings with explosives, do you................
                    sigpic

Comment

Ease of use is always a consideration, and don't try to say otherwise.

And yet, you very rarely hear of mass bombings with explosives, do you................
                      Just a few off the top of my head....

Columbine (1999):
                      In addition to the shootings, the complex and highly planned attack involved a fire bomb to divert firefighters, propane tanks converted to bombs placed in the cafeteria, 99 explosive devices, and bombs rigged in cars.

Boston Marathon (2013)

Oklahoma Federal Building (1995)

There have been others, and many other foiled plans to carry out such bombings.

Comment

Okay, so I work at one of two local McDonalds in my town in NE South Dakota, and we've been getting in more and more people who speak Spanish every week. So I thought I'd try and learn some Spanish so that if I have to take someone's order who's fluent in it, then I could do it better. What do you think?
                        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

If you want to do it of your own accord for self improvement or for any other reason for that matter, have at it. I wish you well. Learning is a good thing.

It is not a choice I would make, however. I have no interest whatsoever in traveling outside the United States, let alone moving to another country permanently, so it is highly unlikely that I will ever need another language.

For me, it's the principle of it, If I ever choose to move or travel to someplace where the dominant language is not English, it is on my shoulders to learn that language before I go there. It would be arrogant in the extreme to expect they will learn my language.

By the same token, I have no interest in learning another language because a group of immigrants is too lazy to learn the language of the country they have migrated to.

Comment

Just a few off the top of my head....

Columbine (1999):
                            In addition to the shootings, the complex and highly planned attack involved a fire bomb to divert firefighters, propane tanks converted to bombs placed in the cafeteria, 99 explosive devices, and bombs rigged in cars.

Boston Marathon (2013)

Oklahoma Federal Building (1995)
                            I could give you 3 shootings in the last 2 weeks, you can give me 3 bombings over the course of 20 years............
                            One of these things is not like the other..........

There have been others, and many other foiled plans to carry out such bombings.
                            Yes, because as I said, ease of use is always a factor. Just because a person knows what they need to make a bomb, far more time and effort goes into setting them up, making them effective which clearly leads to a greater window of oppertunity to stop the person thinking of doing a bombing.

Guns are easy to get, easy to use and have a good kill ratio, its why we use them in combat, rather than hammers, or crow bars, or knives, or even a good spork. All of those things can kill as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                              Okay, so I work at one of two local McDonalds in my town in NE South Dakota, and we've been getting in more and more people who speak Spanish every week. So I thought I'd try and learn some Spanish so that if I have to take someone's order who's fluent in it, then I could do it better. What do you think?
                              I say good on you.

Spanish is a pretty interesting language. I took a few classes, but my knowledge is limited.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I could give you 3 shootings in the last 2 weeks, you can give me 3 bombings over the course of 20 years............
                                One of these things is not like the other..........

Yes, because as I said, ease of use is always a factor. Just because a person knows what they need to make a bomb, far more time and effort goes into setting them up, making them effective which clearly leads to a greater window of oppertunity to stop the person thinking of doing a bombing.

Guns are easy to get, easy to use and have a good kill ratio, its why we use them in combat, rather than hammers, or crow bars, or knives, or even a good spork. All of those things can kill as well.
                                So, you want to enact gun control. The criminals are going to simply hand in their guns and stop using them, right?
                                Again, all gun control accomplishes is to take guns out of the hands of people who use them legally and responsibly. It does nothing to control criminals.

Comment

Working...
                                X