This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    WTF? So now, all words meaning boss/supervisor are verboten cause they might 'offend'? Wow..
    What next. Remove all terms meing "YOU ARE FIRED"?

Though for me, i am more concerned that a city in CA is allowing ILLEGAL immigrants to serve on its council, and one of the politicians in Baltimore MA, is wanting to extend the sanctuary status of his city, to the entire STATE of MA.
    That's a states rights thing, according to the constitution, isn't it?
    I can't recall anything in the Constitution barring immigrants from serving, legal or otherwise in the government, except the president.
    Do you want to trample all over the constitution??
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      What the hell is in the water out there?

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...ng-today/page5

So, now the perpetually whiny object to someone being their boss?

You got punk'd. It's a satire article. Here's an actual link

http://townhall.com/columnists/bruce...2476/page/full

The bold says "This is satire" in it. And in case you got it from a real "news source" then that news source didn't vet the article like they should have.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Hah. That note wasn't there when I read that article. Poe's Law, I suppose.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

You got punk'd. It's a satire article. Here's an actual link

http://townhall.com/columnists/bruce...2476/page/full

The bold says "This is satire" in it. And in case you got it from a real "news source" then that news source didn't vet the article like they should have.
          The tinfoil hat knows the truth! Satire is the only way the site could get the truth out!

It's why fact checking is important.. Not just believing everything you read on your favourite questionable ""news"" site..
          Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 06 August 2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I don't recall seeing the disclaimer, but I can't say for certain it wasn't there, either.

I guess California's reputation makes it easy to believe just about anything coming out of that corner of the country.

Comment

I've been saying for years that we should expel California from the Union
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                That's a states rights thing, according to the constitution, isn't it?
                I can't recall anything in the Constitution barring immigrants from serving, legal or otherwise in the government, except the president.
                Do you want to trample all over the constitution??
                If it was 'states' rights, then why / how did the government justify sending in the DOJ after Governor Brewer and SB 1070, when it sought to ENFORCE federal Immigration laws.

So if I want to ENFORCE the law, the fed is seeming to ignore, "I am stepping on the Fed's juristiction".

BUT if i just want to ignore the law entirely, "Its a state rights issue">??

Comment

It's not the state's business. That means they can't enforce it except in cooperation with the feds, nor can the feds compel them to enforce it.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    If it was 'states' rights, then why / how did the government justify sending in the DOJ after Governor Brewer and SB 1070, when it sought to ENFORCE federal Immigration laws.

So if I want to ENFORCE the law, the fed is seeming to ignore, "I am stepping on the Fed's juristiction".

BUT if i just want to ignore the law entirely, "Its a state rights issue">??
                    What the hell does this have to do with what I was talking about?
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm as yet undecided about Trump, but based upon how much he is pissing the entrenched leadership of the Republican party off, I'm liking him more and more. Reading the coverage of the debates last night, it's clear that he has them running scared.

The Republican party, on the national level, has not been acting in the best interests of the nation for a long time now. Many voters are listening to what Trump is saying, and it resonates very well with them.

Combine that with the fact that Trump does have the financial resources to run a credible 3rd party campaign if as I expect, the NRC won't back him, and it's going to be an interesting run this time around.

Just the fact that he is pissing the leadership of the Republican party off to this level is a big plus in my book.

Comment

If Trump runs for president, then hello Hilary in the White House ... unless Joe Biden officially announces his candidacy. Saw he would like to.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well I will be taking up residence to my private island.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Private_Idaho_single.jpg

Comment

If Trump wins the presidency, then I'm moving to Ireland. Same with Hillary. Not that I can't see a woman in the office of president; I can see that someday. But not her. And not Trump, either.
                              Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                              (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                                If Trump wins the presidency, then I'm moving to Ireland. Same with Hillary. Not that I can't see a woman in the office of president; I can see that someday. But not her. And not Trump, either.
                                Is this like when people said they would move out if Obama made president?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X