Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you trying to defend Roseanne and her comments? People don't make comments like that in isolation and there is no grand conspiracy

Get your tin foil hat off
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gatefan1976 View Post
      did someone request a box of rocks?

o.o

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
        While I never watched Rosanne Barr in any of her former Tv shows (none of those were of my style or liking), I think the fallout from what she tweeted against (VJ) one of the former Obama Admin team - even with an apology for blurting it out, has exploded into an extreme reveal of how the LEFTist agenda works now (as if it wasn't obviously apparent before this tweeting/programming cancellation incident happened). yikes!

Yep, the *looney Left* is just getting started... revving their engines LOUD...
        Full throttle into MAJOR warpath mode, regarding PC or NOT platforms, that is.
        Is this is just the beginning...??! (ummm, yeah, seems like it...)

...and... What *did* I just say/write hours ago...?

In the few hours of Rosanne's tweet which may have caused her to commit a *career suicide*, a political tornado swept down to officially OFF her for good. Even her Agency has dropped her. No one supporting or fearing the PC agenda, or insults about *certain* persons/cultures is going to touch her ever again.

Oh, surely if any Amazon related product continues to air/sell products with Rosanne in them -- Amazon's profits will be next on the hit-list if they don't comply to the Leftist "chopping block" Agenda.

I really didn't expect the PC/Leftists to get into this vicious *killing off* business this quickly, tho. With the recent 2014 "Dukes of Hazzard" having its syndicated episodes plus toy/other merchandise yanked from the business marketplace, someone else on a twitter feed asked, as I also wondered, what other shows are the PC/Lefties "going to go after?"

Surely the list for axing is going to grow. Yet eventually, this PC killing stuff just might backfire against those who are supporting it in any way, shape or form -- by having their own "buttts" ending up snared into the (proverbial) grinding ax/chop-shop, as well.
        No one opened Barr's mouth and put her foot in it for her. While I agree that the left does and will use whatever means are necessary to silence those with opposing views, that's not what this is. This isn't like the "Dukes" situation either, where the left got their panties in a bunch because of how they saw the confederate flag and what it meant to them.

Barr's tweet was blatant, indefeasible racism, and I don't blame ABC for pulling the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          No one opened Barr's mouth and put her foot in it for her. While I agree that the left does and will use whatever means are necessary to silence those with opposing views, that's not what this is. This isn't like the "Dukes" situation either, where the left got their panties in a bunch because of how they saw the confederate flag and what it meant to them.

Barr's tweet was blatant, indefeasible racism, and I don't blame ABC for pulling the plug.

Yeah but because of her actions now 200 or so people are out of a job... Well done.

Regarding the Roseanne thing, I don't get it. Why would anyone think it's OK to say things like that in such a public space, and then later walk it back saying they were only joking. You can't take back what you say. If I say "poo" I expect to get "poo" handed back to me, and that should be the same for everyone famous or not I would imagine.

I can't believe the people on her twitter feed defending her saying she did not have to apologize and the support she's got there. Do they not see how hurtful the comment was?

Comment

No, they don't Coco.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

What does "the left" do?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                Yep, the *looney Left* is just getting started... revving their engines LOUD...
                Full throttle into MAJOR warpath mode, regarding PC or NOT platforms, that is.
                Is this is just the beginning...??! (ummm, yeah, seems like it...)
                Who looks looney? The person who made one comment about Barr's show getting cancelled (and said nothing more about it) or the person who went on a tirade about "the left?"

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                did someone request a box of rocks?
                Yeah...that box of rocks might be more intelligent than some.
                sigpic

Comment

For some, the rapture can't come quick enough carter, it needs "help"
                  sigpic

Comment

What does "the left" do?
                    This has been discussed till it's worse off that that dead horse Carter is so fond of. The political left has a very long history of trying to silence opposition. I would refer to their shenanigans after "Air America", which was a left side talk radio program which arose during the ascendance of talk radio,

Talk radio is overwhelmingly biased to the right, because that's what draws listeners, which draws advertisers, which makes that format profitable. Air Ameica and other leftie shows failed miserably in the marketplace, because they couldn't draw an audience, so they couldn't draw advertisers, so from a business standpoint, they fell on their face And vanished. It is worth noting there that the only surviving left-leaning radio operation of any size is NPR, which is government funded to a large degree; they don't have to draw an audience to pay the bills.

But, anyway, when it became clear that left versions of Limbaugh and others could not stay in business, the political left tried to shut down rightie talk radio by the use of the "fairness doctrine", which would have required stations that carry the profitable "Limbaugh" type shows to also carry the money losing lefty shows at a financial loss to the station. This would have ended talk radio, because the stations carrying it would have now found themselves losing money as a whole.

That is but one example of the left trying to silence opposition. You can see other examples continuing to this day, in colleges and with other public speaking events. How often have lefties shut down speeches by right leaning speakers by fear or intimidation? It's a fairly common occurrence.

Silencing the opposition instead of welcoming an open discussion where both sides can present their views has been a tactic of the left for a very long time. I suppose it ties in with their basic belief that free speech is a good thing, as long as everyone says the same thing I do. They are utterly intolerant of any views that differ from their own.

Comment

All of those athletes have social media accounts, they can write letters to local newspapers, they can stand on the streetcorners, there are numerous media outlets that will eagerly await interviews with them, most of 'em are financially well off enough to buy advertising time... the list goes on.
                      What about your girl, Rosie? She used her personal social media account...and lost her job.

....The political left has a very long history of trying to silence opposition.....
                      Hello pot! Meet kettle!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        What about your girl, Rosie? She used her personal social media account...and lost her job.
                        Rosie-Girl didn't lose her job over the post itself. She was fired because she lost all credibility and could cause a significant drop in the ratings.

Lesson is: Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequences.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          That's fair game as far as I'm concerned. Legally, some may hold different views, but she knew that she was walking a dangerous line. Right wingers are extremely unpopular in the entertainment industry, and while hers was the hottest show on ABC, the fact remains that there have to have been a number of people in ABC that were hostile to her. It was damned stupid to give them ammunition. Stupidity has consequences.

Oh, and I don't buy the Ambien excuse for a second. I've had the pleasure of that drug, and it doesn't cause racism or stupidity.

Comment

This has been discussed till it's worse off that that dead horse Carter is so fond of. The political left has a very long history of trying to silence opposition. I would refer to their shenanigans after "Air America", which was a left side talk radio program which arose during the ascendance of talk radio,

Talk radio is overwhelmingly biased to the right, because that's what draws listeners, which draws advertisers, which makes that format profitable. Air Ameica and other leftie shows failed miserably in the marketplace, because they couldn't draw an audience, so they couldn't draw advertisers, so from a business standpoint, they fell on their face And vanished. It is worth noting there that the only surviving left-leaning radio operation of any size is NPR, which is government funded to a large degree; they don't have to draw an audience to pay the bills.

But, anyway, when it became clear that left versions of Limbaugh and others could not stay in business, the political left tried to shut down rightie talk radio by the use of the "fairness doctrine", which would have required stations that carry the profitable "Limbaugh" type shows to also carry the money losing lefty shows at a financial loss to the station. This would have ended talk radio, because the stations carrying it would have now found themselves losing money as a whole.

That is but one example of the left trying to silence opposition. You can see other examples continuing to this day, in colleges and with other public speaking events. How often have lefties shut down speeches by right leaning speakers by fear or intimidation? It's a fairly common occurrence.

Silencing the opposition instead of welcoming an open discussion where both sides can present their views has been a tactic of the left for a very long time. I suppose it ties in with their basic belief that free speech is a good thing, as long as everyone says the same thing I do. They are utterly intolerant of any views that differ from their own.
                            That's nothing right wing people don't do either.
                            What is uniquely lefty about it?
                            sigpic

Comment

That's nothing right wing people don't do either.
                              What is uniquely lefty about it?
                              It's not completely unique. But the left is far more known for this than the right.

Oh, and correction to what I said originally. "Air America" was a radio network of affiliate stations, not a single station or program. But whatever it was, it couldn't draw an audience so it failed.

Comment

It's not completely unique. But the left is far more known for this than the right.
                                Hardly, I could pull as many examples of the right doing it as the left.
                                Simple fact is, both sides are guilty of it, and the quicker people realise that, the quicker that there will be one less petty thing for them to argue over.
                                Oh, and correction to what I said originally. "Air America" was a radio network of affiliate stations, not a single station or program. But whatever it was, it couldn't draw an audience so it failed.
                                Perhaps because liberals, generally being younger don't listen to radio so much anymore, it's more online or podcasts.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X