X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    OK here's one explain this to me.

Trump lashes out at Samantha Bee for the C word yet Ted Nugent used that same word to describe Hillary Clinton, and gets an invite to the Whitehouse.... And no one condemns him.
    I was unaware of the Nugent thing. I listen to his music, not his yammering, the same as I do most other celebrities. Although I am aware he is a staunch 2nd amendment guy.

Really, I don't get why celebrities think people give a hoot about their political views. Nugent may be a guitar wizard, or an actor/actress may be very good at delivering dialog that someone else has written before a camera, or whatever, but that doesn't mean their view on anything else are worth more than the guy next door's views.

Comment

sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I was unaware of the Nugent thing. I listen to his music, not his yammering, the same as I do most other celebrities. Although I am aware he is a staunch 2nd amendment guy.

Really, I don't get why celebrities think people give a hoot about their political views. Nugent may be a guitar wizard, or an actor/actress may be very good at delivering dialog that someone else has written before a camera, or whatever, but that doesn't mean their view on anything else are worth more than the guy next door's views.

Nugent is a racist. You haven't noticed that?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Oh, ok, your ignorance is an excuse cause Nugent is a celebrity.
          Hohttps://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2016/11/01/sid-miller-called-hillary-clinton-a-****-are-we-supposed-to-be-surprisedw about this guy:
          That's a politician, and a current sitting member of the republican party as the Texas Agriculture Minister.

I'm not saying YOU personally support these people, but you support the party that does, and "don't know" what they get up to.
          Can you see why people would find a republican objection to See You Next Tuesday ringing...…….. hollow.
          This extends to Trump.
          You may not LIKE what he says, but you are willing to ignore it if you get XYZ out of it.
          This in turn is what gets people like soul to say "well, screw it, why should democrats hold any standards, we can just "not know" as well".
          Hillary used a private server?
          Big deal, Trump is a sex offender. He's never been convicted of it, but he has been accused of it several times, so that means he is, right?

I mean, Hillary never got convicted, but she did it ALL of it, like knowing where bodies are and everything...….

Right?
          It's the power to shape opinions, because people LET them have that power. It's exactly how political parties, "news people" like Alex Jones and religions operate, by people allowing them to have that power. It's how Kim Kardashian has any relevance whatsoever and has more money and power than you or I will ever hold, people ALLOW it to happen.

Look in my eyes, what do you see?
          It's the cult of personality.
          sigpic

Comment

Seriously, my link got censored???
            Ok, google sid miller Hillary.
            sigpic

Comment

How about this one:
              https://www.thedailybeast.com/msnbcs...-clinton-a-cnt
              sigpic

Comment

I found it, & yes it is disgusting what people can say without fear of consequences.

I also found under what other people looked at "Proposed Bill Would Make Teachers Out Their LGBT Students" I didn't look at the article, but found the headline confusing.
                All these people going around with 'Rainbow' flags proclaiming Gay Pride, but getting upset about being outed?
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                  I found it, & yes it is disgusting what people can say without fear of consequences.

I also found under what other people looked at "Proposed Bill Would Make Teachers Out Their LGBT Students" I didn't look at the article, but found the headline confusing.
                  All these people going around with 'Rainbow' flags proclaiming Gay Pride, but getting upset about being outed?
                  What?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    What?
                    https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/...lgbt-students?

I have read it now. Basically it is about kids being gay at school without telling their parents. Should schools be made to tell the parents.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I have read it now. Basically it is about kids being gay at school without telling their parents. Should schools be made to tell the parents.
                      I suggest you re-read it.
                      It's not asking schools, but councillors to break doctor-patient privilege, and no they should not. Councillors need a free hand to be effective, and when my teen daughter went to a councillor, either the school one, or a professional one I made it clear to both the councillor, and my daughter, that they only had to tell me what they either wanted to (her), or was a direct danger to her or others (councillor).

The school body as an institution has no right to delve into the sexuality of any of it's students, and parents, especially ones that would have a knee jerk negative reaction to hearing their darling boy or girl likes the same gender, have no damn right to "out them"
                      You go to a councillor to get help, not judgement, if you want judgement, go to church.

This is what elicited the What? however.

Originally posted by Who Knows
                      These are NOT the kids going out and proclaiming gay pride, they are the ones in the closet, unsure of how their parents, let alone society at large will treat them.
                      Those marching have "outed" themselves, hopefully on their own terms.
                      Last edited by Gatefan1976; 03 June 2018, 06:29 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't have a problem with that. The parents are the people ultimately responsible for the child and all aspects of that child's development till age 18, so they have the right to any knowledge the school has about their children. And not just on this topic, either. It should apply globally. For example, if the kid is going to the school nurse for contraception, or worse, an abortion, the school should have the duty to inform the parents.

Comment

I don't have a problem with that. The parents are the people ultimately responsible for the child and all aspects of that child's development till age 18, so they have the right to any knowledge the school has about their children. And not just on this topic, either. It should apply globally. For example, if the kid is going to the school nurse for contraception, or worse, an abortion, the school should have the duty to inform the parents.
                          In Canada, teens over 16 are not subject to disclosure from the medical staff for anything related to abortion or contraceptive measures. Under 16, all bets are off. I don't know about you, but 16-20 were crazy years for me, and I'd be lying if I'd say I didn't fool around. I had a close encounter of the baby-kind and I am real happy that both our parents were not advised of the situation. I realized my mistake and learned from it, and was mature enough to deal with the situation. People need to give teens more credit.

Now put yourself in such a situation, you made an incredible mistake and have a baby on your hand at age 16. You need to drop school and get to full time work most likely flipping burgers for the rest of your days. You could have a chance to start anew. The last thing you need is your parents being made aware, especially if you have Annoyed as a father
                          Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 04 June 2018, 08:10 AM. Reason: Typo
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I don't have a problem with that. The parents are the people ultimately responsible for the child and all aspects of that child's development till age 18, so they have the right to any knowledge the school has about their children. And not just on this topic, either.
                            Wow...you have no concept of reality....do you? Do you realize how many homeless LGBTQ teens there are in the US because they decided to be truthful with their parents? It is not in the purview of a school to inform parents that their child is LGBTQ. A school's job is to educate a child, provide the child with a safe learning environment, and to prepare them to be college/career ready.
                            sigpic

Comment

So that baker that went to court won his case.

He now can object to making cakes for anyone because of his religion.
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

More money for people who care about profit instead of some moral high ground
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X