This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    and they let a passenger carrying dangerous illegal cargo into the US! that plane should've either destroyed the bomb drugs apple before entering US territory or turned around while that apple was still around
    so there was wrongdoing on their part

yeah man how can a society function normally if apples are legal
    common sense 102
    Wrong, wrong and wrong some more. You're really getting good at that, aren't you?

The airline gave the apple to the woman, it was no longer their property. And there were no restrictions upon it anyway before landing in the United States.

And it wasn't carrying the apple into the country that got her in trouble, it was failing to declare it.
    From the article I cited:
    You must declare all food products. Failure to declare food products can result in up to $10,000 in fines and penalties.
    And there are good reasons to control apples and other raw food into the country, preventing diseases and other issues which could infect the domestic food supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Wrong, wrong and wrong some more. You're really getting good at that, aren't you?

The airline gave the apple to the woman, it was no longer their property. And there were no restrictions upon it anyway before landing in the United States.
      you trumpets have trouble with anything beyond simplest reasoning (you let Government & the elites do it for you) so I'll try make it simpler:

US megacorporation gives dangerous cargo (apple) to passenger, knowingly* takes passenger carrying that cargo into US where it's illegal, therefore aids & abets an offender
      capice?

*not that ignoring the law would've changed anything right? you said so yourself (unless that doesn't apply to big busine$$)

And it wasn't carrying the apple into the country that got her in trouble, it was failing to declare it.
      weapons drugs apple always remember to declare those 3

And there are good reasons to control apples and other raw food into the country, preventing diseases and other issues which could infect the domestic food supply.
      you never know that apple could be sick & spread the disease if it hangs around other apples (that customs officer must've been terrified - wait he wasn't one bit in fact he made a joke about how her trip was about to get more expensive)

Comment

you never know that apple could be sick & spread the disease if it hangs around other apples (that customs officer must've been terrified - wait he wasn't one bit in fact he made a joke about how her trip was about to get more expensive)
        You're getting closer; try it without the sarcasm.

From: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citize...stricted-items

In the Fruits and Vegetables section:

Bringing fruits and vegetables depends on a number of factors. For instance, consider the apple you bought in the foreign airport just before boarding and then did not eat. Whether or not CBP will allow the apple into the United States depends on where you got it and where you are going after you arrive in the United States. The same would be true for Mediterranean tomatoes. Such factors are important because fresh fruits and vegetables can introduce plant pests or diseases into the United States.

One good example of problems imported fruits and vegetables can cause is the Mediterranean fruit fly outbreak during the 1980s. The outbreak cost the state of California and the federal government approximately $100 million to get rid of this pest. The cause of the outbreak was one traveler who brought home one contaminated piece of fruit. It is best not to bring fresh fruits or vegetables into the United States. However, if you plan to, contact either CBP or check the Permits section on the USDA-APHIS Web site for a general approved list on items that need a permit.

Comment

You're getting closer; try it without the sarcasm.

From: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citize...stricted-items

In the Fruits and Vegetables section:
          so basically they were somehow able to backtrace the origin of a state-wide pest contamination to 1 single piece of fruit

this would beat even the most far fetched CSI script

even so for argument's sake the airline started this so they should've informed their customer about it
          besides your own government-link says "it is best not to do it" not "don't do it under pain of a disproportionately heavy fine"
          one of those two makes sense, the other is Noko-worthy. see?

fine $500 for an apple & you might as well bump apples to assault weapon status

Comment

so basically they were somehow able to backtrace the origin of a state-wide pest contamination to 1 single piece of fruit

this would beat even the most far fetched CSI script

even so for argument's sake the airline started this so they should've informed their customer about it
            besides your own government-link says "it is best not to do it" not "don't do it under pain of a disproportionately heavy fine"
            one of those two makes sense, the other is Noko-worthy. see?

fine $500 for an apple & you might as well bump apples to assault weapon status

Hey don't laugh that happens here in Australia too if someone brings something as innocent as an apple into the country in their bags. They either have to have it destroyed or pay a fine if it's not declared.

Meanwhile I got this sent to me and my eyes can't stop rolling?

Is this really murder?

http://awarenessact.com/doctors-who-...ound-dead/?=ta
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

IF that is a legit cure for cancer, (a big if) I can see it being murder. There is a ton of money being made in cancer drugs, and someone would lose out if those drugs fall by the wayside.

Comment

it's suicide: they realized they'd make the pharma industry lose billions & the resulting guilt was too much to bear

Comment

IF that is a legit cure for cancer, (a big if) I can see it being murder. There is a ton of money being made in cancer drugs, and someone would lose out if those drugs fall by the wayside.

Well of course you would believe the article.

Only one doctor is involved despite the headline and the article itself is pure BS

Comment

it's suicide: they realized they'd make the pharma industry lose billions & the resulting guilt was too much to bear

Was that sarcasm? Annoyed thinks this is true and genuine

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Well of course you would believe the article.

Only one doctor is involved despite the headline and the article itself is pure BS
                      Oh, I don't believe for a minute that they have found a cure for cancer, all I'm saying that IF they had, I wouldn't be surprised if it was murder in order to stifle the discovery.

If a cure for cancer is ever found, we're not going to see the announcement on some obviously agenda-driven web site called "awareness act".

Comment

Oh, I don't believe for a minute that they have found a cure for cancer, all I'm saying that IF they had, I wouldn't be surprised if it was murder in order to stifle the discovery.

If a cure for cancer is ever found, we're not going to see the announcement on some obviously agenda-driven web site called "awareness act".
                        "A cure for cancer" will never be found because cancer isn't a single disease. It's a spectrum of diseases. It does not have a single cause and cannot have a single treatment.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                          "A cure for cancer" will never be found because cancer isn't a single disease. It's a spectrum of diseases. It does not have a single cause and cannot have a single treatment.
                          True enough. But whatever they do come up with, even if it's only for one variety of cancer (which as I understand it is when cells start developing and growing in an uncontrolled fashion), I'm pretty sure you're not going to read about it first on a web site of that nature.

Comment

I'm sure all cancers have something in common :|

Comment

I'm sure all cancers have something in common :|
                              Yeah, the all suck. Took both of my parents.

Comment

I'm not so sure I believe Kim Jong-un; this is a huge about face for him.

If we take this deal, it needs to be written to allow verification by ourselves and third parties.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/29/w...p-nuclear.html

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, told President Moon Jae-in of South Korea when they met that he would abandon his nuclear weapons if the United States would agree to formally end the Korean War and promise that it would not invade his country, a South Korean government spokesman said Sunday.

In a faith-building gesture ahead of a summit meeting with President Trump, Mr. Kim also said he would invite experts and journalists from South Korea and the United States to watch the shutdown next month of his country’s only known underground nuclear test site.

The comments by Mr. Kim were made on Friday when the leaders of the two Koreas met at Panmunjom, a village on their shared border, the spokesman, Yoon Young-chan, said on Sunday, providing additional details of the meeting.

“I know the Americans are inherently disposed against us, but when they talk with us, they will see that I am not the kind of person who would shoot nuclear weapons to the south, over the Pacific or at the United States,” Mr. Kim told Mr. Moon, according to Mr. Yoon’s account of the meeting.

It was another dramatically conciliatory statement by Mr. Kim, whose country threatened to do exactly those things during the height of nuclear tensions last year.
                                The bold/italics are mine. This must be verified.

The only other thing that makes sense is that Kim's science / development teams have told him that there is an insolvable problem with their nuclear program.

On the other hand, if this deal is legitimate, on the up and up, I would be fearful of the Democratic party in the US trying to derail or destroy it in some way. If it is legit, that's going to be a huge feather in Trump's cap, and they won't be happy to see that.

Comment

Working...
                                X