Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    If we take this line of reasoning to its logical end, then every villain in history was condemned by God based on who they were.
    Not really, plenty of bad stuff has been done in many gods names.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Get those ice skates out for the trip across Hell. We agree on this.
      Religion is responsible for some of the worst bloodbaths in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

*prepares for the apocalypse*

This is it... the end is near. It was nice knowing you all. Good luck!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Annoyed just never realises how "not left" I am.
          I am socially left, but not economically left.
          sigpic

Comment

It's a fact, where opinions don't matter.
            Remember them?
            sigpic

Comment

I think you missed my point.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Anyone care to explain why there is never a happy prophecy in religion? Idk like in 2243 humanity will be at peace and beer will be on tap in each household.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  Anyone care to explain why there is never a happy prophecy in religion? Idk like in 2243 humanity will be at peace and beer will be on tap in each household.
                  But of course, then there will be bloodbaths over what brand and type of beer. Lite Beer? Holy Beer that the church takes a piece of the profit from? (That will be a nice holy war) Kosher Beer?

Endless things to go on crusades over.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                    Prophecy is generally cyclical by nature, great destruction followed by re-birth or a "return to innocence" theme.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      I think you missed my point.
                      I think you missed mine.
                      sigpic

Comment

But of course, then there will be bloodbaths over what brand and type of beer. Lite Beer? Holy Beer that the church takes a piece of the profit from? (That will be a nice holy war) Kosher Beer?
                        I suggest Westvleteren.

Sidenote: I watched The Da Vinci Code last night... (again... nth time)
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think you missed mine.
                          What if you are always innocent like Jelgate?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            What if you are always innocent like Jelgate?
                            *Innocent* as in never committed anything morally bad in your life?

(In hopes of gaining eternity into paradise...?)
                            I've heard that people who live by their own ethics code (and not any established "religious" system) will be judged by their own ethics code. So, if you broke your own code, even a few times in your life, you will be judged by your own *value* system. (That includes telling fibs, lies, or stealing minor things, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post

I've heard that people who live by their own ethics code (and not any established "religious" system) will be judged by their own ethics code. So, if you broke your own code, even a few times in your life, you will be judged by your own *value* system. (That includes telling fibs, lies, or stealing minor things, etc.)
                              You are in direct contradiction with God's prime directive. Isn't he the one doing the judging?
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post

What if under "your own" ethics code they are not punishable offences?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X