• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great arties!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      yay for being back to "normal".

And the answer is to that is yes. As for the so called "stealing", there is a lot of that *cough, cough* going on. You're a very creative thief. the words "pot, kettle, black" come to mind for no reason.

In the WDC, we always called it snerching, and I just snerched that staircase!

I know this is very old. It's a calendar I made several years ago. It was very difficult without a calendar template. I had to line everything up by hand.

Deleted by creator, and LAST ART POST EVER.
      Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 21 October 2014, 03:12 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
        In the WDC, we always called it snerching, and I just snerched that staircase!

I know this is very old. It's a calendar I made several years ago. It was very difficult without a calendar template. I had to line everything up by hand.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...lsNov09Cal.jpg
        Very cool! It has an impressionist/expressionist feel ( Very Van Gogh!) And it has wraiths. You can never go wrong with wraiths!

And here there is no problem with snerching or snurching stocks and such, either. What we were discussing was the potential "theft" of ideas, which is a bit more confusing or delicate.
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          Very cool! It has an impressionist/expressionist feel ( Very Van Gogh!) And it has wraiths. You can never go wrong with wraiths!

And here there is no problem with snerching or snurching stocks and such, either. What we were discussing was the potential "theft" of ideas, which is a bit more confusing or delicate.
          yeah...I know what you mean. I took some long time away from this site a few years ago, and when I came back, I found my nickname (Wraithie) coopted along with some of my artwork, which was barely changed and someone else's name put on it. That person was also using my ID of Wraithworshipper where she could sneak it in. She was a newbie to the WDC just before I left. She knew full well what she was doing. When I came back then, and I used my nickname Wraithie, I was attacked as a fraud. I did not respond well, and I returned fire much more effectively. Unfortunately, I then again left the site for some years. When I returned this time, I was told, gently, that the WDC has never been the same since that face off. I feel horrible about that...to find that I almost killed the room I most love here because I so violently reclaimed my identity. I was going through such a terrible time away in RL (I had tried to kill myself), only to find my identity stolen here as well as having had it shattered to dust in RL. There was nothing I could do against him, but I knew I could against her.

I feel so guilty for how I behaved back then.
          sigpic

Comment

yeah...I know what you mean. I took some long time away from this site a few years ago, and when I came back, I found my nickname (Wraithie) coopted along with some of my artwork, which was barely changed and someone else's name put on it. That person was also using my ID of Wraithworshipper where she could sneak it in. She was a newbie to the WDC just before I left. She knew full well what she was doing. When I came back then, and I used my nickname Wraithie, I was attacked as a fraud. I did not respond well, and I returned fire much more effectively. Unfortunately, I then again left the site for some years. When I returned this time, I was told, gently, that the WDC has never been the same since that face off. I feel horrible about that...to find that I almost killed the room I most love here because I so violently reclaimed my identity. I was going through such a terrible time away in RL (I had tried to kill myself), only to find my identity stolen here as well as having had it shattered to dust in RL. There was nothing I could do against him, but I knew I could against her.

I feel so guilty for how I behaved back then.
            Don't beat yourself over it.
            Firstly, I guess the thread (WDC) suffered from SGA being cancelled, as many others in here did.
            Secondly, who here can honestly say that RL did not mess, even just a little bit, with their behaviour online? We carry our "weights " with us, in more ways than we are aware.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, either in RL and online. This is an upbeat thread where we share our arties, resources, tips and general obsessions.Borrowing of ideas is also expected...I guess. No identity has been stolen...However, if I can steal one, I want to be a billionaire.
            sigpic

Comment

QUICK GUYS!! GROUP HUG ON WRAITHWORSHIPPER!! *hugs Wraithworshipper*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

*joins group hug*
                sigpic

Comment

I like warm hugs! ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
                  sigpic

----------
                  FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Here's nothing fancy for the textures challenge...

and

sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

oh, oh, I love those! *snurched*
                      And welcome to the group hug!
                      sigpic

Comment

I did not know about the size constraints until someone kindly informed me. Unfortunately, someone else gleefully informed a mod about my first post ever in this thread transgression. As I said above, it will be my last post.

I do thank you very, very much for the warm hugs. Although they were sorely needed, I didn't come here to sucker anyone into having sympathy for me. Maybe that's why that person reported me to a mod rather than kindly letting me know I'd made a mistake on my first ever art post. Anyhoo...I'm now withdrawing from the thread. Everyone take care, and keep posting your lovely art.

Hugs,
                        Wraithie
                        sigpic

Comment

I did not know about the size constraints until someone kindly informed me. Unfortunately, someone else gleefully informed a mod about my first post ever in this thread transgression. As I said above, it will be my last post.

I do thank you very, very much for the warm hugs. Although they were sorely needed, I didn't come here to sucker anyone into having sympathy for me. Maybe that's why that person reported me to a mod rather than kindly letting me know I'd made a mistake on my first ever art post. Anyhoo...I'm now withdrawing from the thread. Everyone take care, and keep posting your lovely art.

Hugs,
                          Wraithie
                          It's not the thread "policy" to report people for so little. We've all posted images that were too big, for some reason or other. I know I did. We generally get friendly warnings to resize it or replace it for a link. Why bother a mod when it's something we can easily solve? I don't get it. I really don't.

I'm struggling a bit with this week's challenge but what else is new?
                          sigpic

Comment

Hugs,
                            Wraithie
                            We are suckers, but only for *Big Squishy Hugs* Sorry that this came about...sometimes the mods pop their heads in from time to time but usually its just a nudge from Jumble that keeps our artwork within the size specs because like JW said...sometimes we just forget...sometimes PB screws things up...sometimes we post the wrong link (what? no...that never happens )...it's all good. Hope you reconsider.

Hope you find your Muse JW...

I'm so glad to have the opportunity to make some pretties again. I feel like I haven't been here in ages. I've been ogling from afar though...everyone has been doing a wonderful job!
                            sigpic

----------
                            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I love your textures. I have an idea for the blue one...not sure if it will pan out.

I made another one but I used someone's texture and I don't know who is it from. As I cannot credit that someone, I am not going to post it.

So this uses a photo from a friend of mine, Amanda K., and fractal brushes:

And these are just basic ones with a frame of sorts.

sigpic

Comment

Psst! JW - your pm inbox is full

Gorgeous textures!

Comment

Working...
                                X