X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just did a little new ava with my dear Corey today

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      I'm still waiting for the cake, though I heard someone mentioning a chocolate one

Lately I'm trying tuts without actually adding my favourite characters to them, Is it a bad sign that I'm only building bases?
      Cake, chocolate or otherwise, will be available during the S.H.I.P. 5th birthday party on the Martin thread between 1st and 4th April

No artwork is bad, whatever you're doing gives you practise and experience, and hones your skills

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      I use transform constantly! I couldn't do work without it. To use it, I just hit CTRL + T which puts the transform "box" around the image to be manipulated. Free transform can be used by dragging one of the corners (holding shift to maintain perspective) or literally free without the shift to skew the image. Or you can rotate the image by going near the corner and when your cursor gets curved, pull it and the whole image will rotate. If you hold shift while rotating, it will do it in specific increments (I think 10 or 15 degrees at a time) [B]For more detailed transformations, go into Edit after putting the transform box on your image, and select one of many options such as flip horizontal or vertical, rotate 90/180 degrees, etc.
      In CS3 you you just go Edit>Transform and all those other options appear in the pop-up menu

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmarepoet View Post
        I just did a little new ava with my dear Corey today

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps83bc1ee5.jpg
        Lovely Corey Ava. Now, I am taking Dante for a ride
        I use transform constantly! I couldn't do work without it. To use it, I just hit CTRL + T which puts the transform "box" around the image to be manipulated. Free transform can be used by dragging one of the corners (holding shift to maintain perspective) or literally free without the shift to skew the image. Or you can rotate the image by going near the corner and when your cursor gets curved, pull it and the whole image will rotate. If you hold shift while rotating, it will do it in specific increments (I think 10 or 15 degrees at a time) For more detailed transformations, go into Edit after putting the transform box on your image, and select one of many options such as flip horizontal or vertical, rotate 90/180 degrees, etc.

Another really fun option is Puppet Warp. That puts a grid map over your image and allows you to manipulate just a portion of the image. For example, you can change the position of just the hand, not the whole body. It's important to put anchor points on several key places that you don't want to move, to hold them steady and just move the anchor points you place on the area you DO want to move.
        http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...chorpoints.jpg http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5.../anchortwo.jpg

Previously, I ajusted the size of image before adding, so that's a lot easier. Puppet wrap seems amazing...once you get the hang of it.

And I'll be counting the days to April 1st, Jumble.
        Yeah, what I was doing was pretty much getting some practise with some commands, blending images which is my Achilles heel and colouring. That's it.
        Last edited by JadedWraith; 14 March 2013, 07:40 AM. Reason: img tags :p and I can't write or type...
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Dante suits you well JW. just let me know if you want another one with him or Corey, I'll see what I can do

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            In CS3 you you just go Edit>Transform and all those other options appear in the pop-up menu
            yes, it does in (CS 5) my version too...I just wanted to point it out to folks who don't care to use shortcuts like CTRL + T
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the tuts Yamii and Nola, I've never really played with free transform so I'll have to give it a shot.

And ty for the reminder Jumble, I totally forgot lol

I made a few more bits of art following some tuts at shadowplay (I'm just a little addicted) in honor of the now official Veronica Mars Movie!!!

Edit: Adding in tut links: First tut and Second tut
              Last edited by meredithe5; 14 March 2013, 09:40 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

yes, it does in (CS 5) my version too...I just wanted to point it out to folks who don't care to use shortcuts like CTRL + T
                I meant that it's not necessary to put the transform box on your image first, which is what I understood you to say

So many different paths to choose and so many ways to get there! I use my mouse and the drop-down menus because I can never remember the keyboard shortcuts The only one I do use is Shift+Ctrl+alt+e to make a stamp, because that's the only way I know that it can be done

Edit: Lovely work Mere I particularly like the second set - can you post a link to those tuts please? Or did you already and I've missed it?

Comment

Gorgeous Veronica Mars ( yay for the film) and Kristen Bell art, meredith5.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, and Jumble I just went back and added the links
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mere

Comment

I've used free transform, but only when I wanted to warp something. I don't think there's any puppet thingy on CS2...
                        sigpic

Comment

I use free transform all the time. I don't think there's a puppet thing in CS3 either

Not that I wood want to make Martin into a puppet, under my control........

I woodn't!

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                            I've used free transform, but only when I wanted to warp something. I don't think there's any puppet thingy on CS2...
                            I don't think so either, but it's interesting to know what features other versions have.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            I use free transform all the time. I don't think there's a puppet thing in CS3 either

Not that I wood want to make Martin into a puppet, under my control........

I woodn't!
                            Nevah...
                            sigpic

Comment

For the tut and tip: You are all welcome

Meredith: Love the sigs!

NMP: Love it!

I decided that I wanted a new desktop wallpaper so I made this:

sigpic
                              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Love all the arts!
                                Yamii, wonderful WP!
                                Mere, that's funny, I'm just doing a Veronica-Mars-watch right now. Now I know why Kristen Bell looks always so familiar to me! She's also on "House of Lies", which I really adore (yeah, I know I've a strange way of humor ...)

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                                Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic
                                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X