Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
    Very nice Graceful, Jumble, yami - always interesting too seeing how a similar starting point can end up with three very different results. Well done you guys!
    Thanks -that's what I love about tuts too

Been focusing on the other ways I express my 'passing interest' (*grins* that was funny Jumble) in Kavan ... made a vid (nowhere near as artistic as XFchemist's so I won't post it here - it's on YouTube under ShaViva3 if you're a Kavan fan and you don't visit the Thunk thread here to have already seen it); and writing some fanfic I wanted to participate in the Quote challenge this week though, so did something this morning ...

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...ge9_Quote1.jpg

This is from Gears Of War 3 - since you probably won't know these games I'll just add that the 'last stand' this guy makes is fate of the planet huge, and the loyalty between characters very inspiring
    Glad I made you smile - but I was being serious, honest! Nice sig

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Hey, everyone! My take on the tut Graceful posted.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/ladygris4700/Gimped%20Images/Carson/th_CarsonAtlantisWallie.jpg

I wasn't able to use the tut for some reason, so I eyeballed her rendition of it and used that as a guide for mine.
    It turned out really well

I did the same thing - just took the idea and did it my own way

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Really nice takes on that tut! Each unique. I got my new Photoshop in the mail today. Can't believe it arrived so quickly - I just ordered it Saturday night. I installed it on my lappy, and took a look at it - goodness but it's different! I'm going to be doing a lot of exploring, I can see!
    WooHooooood!! You're going to have soooo much fun!

Yami, I'm collecting the entries for both challenges

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
      Stopping by to share the wallpaper I made with the tut that Graceful posted. Beware of spoilers for Sanctuary's episode Tempus.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/th_TempusWallpaper1.jpg

Btw: Who do we send our entries to again?
      Fantastic, the flash of red in the 'Sanctuary' logo works brilliantly (and your current sig made me smile this morning )

Very nice Graceful, Jumble, yami - always interesting too seeing how a similar starting point can end up with three very different results. Well done you guys!

Bay, your SG-1 wallpaper and tut are fantastic

Love the Paul WP too MR - hope you're feeling better ...

Did a quick catch up on pages I missed - great art from everyone - greened you if I could and will try to green later when GW lets me

Been focusing on the other ways I express my 'passing interest' (*grins* that was funny Jumble) in Kavan ... made a vid (nowhere near as artistic as XFchemist's so I won't post it here - it's on YouTube under ShaViva3 if you're a Kavan fan and you don't visit the Thunk thread here to have already seen it); and writing some fanfic I wanted to participate in the Quote challenge this week though, so did something this morning ...

This is from Gears Of War 3 - since you probably won't know these games I'll just add that the 'last stand' this guy makes is fate of the planet huge, and the loyalty between characters very inspiring
      Thanks Sha, That banner is great - it amazes me how many different scenario's this quote can be applied to

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/ladygris4700/Gimped%20Images/Carson/th_CarsonAtlantisWallie.jpg

I wasn't able to use the tut for some reason, so I eyeballed her rendition of it and used that as a guide for mine.
      Love it, but of course I would , you chose some fantastic pics
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

I always like black & white Grace - very nice
        Thanks Nola

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
        That is beautiful Grace and thanks for posting the tut too. Would be a fun one to try.
        Thanks Bailey. It was actually a tut that didn't drive me mad at some point...

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Based on the tut that Grace posted ^^

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...aryMADbwwp.jpg

Played with it for hours but just didn't like it in b/w
        Oooh, that's pretty! The colour works well with it. And it makes it more...er, Jumble-y

My..... what? I don't have an obsession I just have a passing interest.....

Passing interest? I'm totally using that the next time someone calls me obsessed

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
        Grace and Jumble very cool!!!
        Thanks Sy

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        Not for this week's challenge, but I'm so not well that I made something to cheer myself up.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...ork/th_PM1.jpg

Kinda simple but it makes me smile.

Virtual green for everyone for all the pretty art
        That's beautiful MR! Sorry you're not well *hugs*

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
        Stopping by to share the wallpaper I made with the tut that Graceful posted. Beware of spoilers for Sanctuary's episode Tempus.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...Wallpaper1.jpg

Btw: Who do we send our entries to again?
        Gorgeous WP Yami! I love the texture on it

Bay, your SG-1 wallpaper and tut are fantastic

Love the Paul WP too MR - hope you're feeling better ...

Did a quick catch up on pages I missed - great art from everyone - greened you if I could and will try to green later when GW lets me

Thanks Sha. That's what I love about tuts - seeing all the different results
        And I love the sig

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ntisWallie.jpg

Love this! Excellent work lg

Really nice takes on that tut! Each unique. I got my new Photoshop in the mail today. Can't believe it arrived so quickly - I just ordered it Saturday night. I installed it on my lappy, and took a look at it - goodness but it's different! I'm going to be doing a lot of exploring, I can see!
        Yay for you!! Wish I could updgrade to PS but I can't justify the spend at the moment so I'll stick to my PSP (which I secretly love cos I know where to find everything and how it all works)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Jann (starlover) for the gorgeous sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Graceful Spirit View Post

Oooh, that's pretty! The colour works well with it. And it makes it more...er, Jumble-y
          And thanks

Passing interest? I'm totally using that the next time someone calls me obsessed

Comment

Great artwork, everyone! Love the wallies, Yamii and lg! Great work *guh!*

All these looking and posting "my" posters last week made me wanting a new one. Maybe someone will like the result

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Lovely hyn, sha, lg!
              sigpic

Comment

Hey, everyone, great art! I greened everyone I could. My life has been crazy and is giving me no time for anything fun. I haven't so much as opened GIMP for a week. I'd love to do a challenge entry, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. I do love seeing everyone else's stuff, though, so keep it coming!
                sigpic
                Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                  Great artwork, everyone! Love the wallies, Yamii and lg! Great work *guh!*

All these looking and posting "my" posters last week made me wanting a new one. Maybe someone will like the result

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac88/Hyndara71/fanart/th_rising-2.jpg
                  Brilliant poster Hyn - that wood be perfect for the Secondary Challenge with all the PTB names on it

Comment

Here's at least one for this weeks challenge.

Really enjoying everyone's art. Awesome job guys.

Comment

That's beautiful Sci

Entry for the secondary challenge - PTB art.......

Comment

It turned out really well

I did the same thing - just took the idea and did it my own way
                        Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        Love it, but of course I would , you chose some fantastic pics
                        Love this! Excellent work lg
                        Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        Lovely hyn, sha, lg!
                        Thank you, everyone!

Comment

Yay for you!! Wish I could updgrade to PS but I can't justify the spend at the moment so I'll stick to my PSP (which I secretly love cos I know where to find everything and how it all works)
                          Kind of feel the same, Grace, only about my Gimp... Always thought I'd maybe ask for PS for Christmas or save up for it, but now I don't think I'd want to give up my Gimp - its what I know and it works well enough for me

Love your Sanctuary take on the tut, Yamii. The coloring is great in it.

Thank you Sha, I love doing team art - especially with Cam in it.

Great Carson take on the tut as well, ~lg

The poster is wonderful, Hyndara.

Rocket, hope RL gives you a chance to play soon.

Scifan, Love the Castle/Beckett wallpaper. The coloring is wonderful with it.

Jumble, Amanda's expression is perfect on the art you made... *grinning still*

There was so much art and such to catch up on this morning. Loved it all
                          sigpic

Comment

That's beautiful Sci

Entry for the secondary challenge - PTB art.......

Thanks Jumble. And Happy Birthday Woohooos.

Kind of feel the same, Grace, only about my Gimp... Always thought I'd maybe ask for PS for Christmas or save up for it, but now I don't think I'd want to give up my Gimp - its what I know and it works well enough for me

Love your Sanctuary take on the tut, Yamii. The coloring is great in it.

Thank you Sha, I love doing team art - especially with Cam in it.

Great Carson take on the tut as well, ~lg

The poster is wonderful, Hyndara.

Rocket, hope RL gives you a chance to play soon.

Scifan, Love the Castle/Beckett wallpaper. The coloring is wonderful with it.

Awww. Thanks hun.

Comment

I never thought I wood take to PS after using Gimp, but it only took a week or so to get used to it and appreciate just how much better and more versatile it is. Now I woodn't be without my CS3 But it's really a case of what you prefer, what works for you - and Gimp users certainly produce some really amazing artwork

Yep, it was definitely a case of the pic inspiring the art there

Comment

Thank you Sha, MR, Graceful, Rocket, and Bailey

I love your arts lg, Hyn, Sci, and Jumble

Thanks so much for the info Jumble, I wasn't sure if I'd get inspired this week *runs off to send entry*
                                sigpic
                                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X