No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do need to open each file separately in PS, but there's no need for pasting as such, just use the Move tool (black arrow) to drag one image as a layer on top of another. For this to work, you'll need to drag the picture itself, not the canvas/frame. Love both the composition and the coloring in your wallie. Too bad GW wouldn't let me green you. Virtual green here.
    sigpic

Comment

You can change your workspace into multiple windows and just drag from one to make a layer on another.
      Here's the tools I most commonly use:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        You do need to open each file separately in PS, but there's no need for pasting as such, just use the Move tool (black arrow) to drag one image as a layer on top of another. For this to work, you'll need to drag the picture itself, not the canvas/frame. Love both the composition and the coloring in your wallie. Too bad GW wouldn't let me green you. Virtual green here.
        Thank you.

I tried the move arrow technique, and it didn't work before today. Not entirely sure why?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        You can change your workspace into multiple windows and just drag from one to make a layer on another.
        Here's the tools I most commonly use:
        http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...oshoptools.jpg
        Yeah, and that just seems like extra steps to me. It's the difference between opening a text document straight into Word or having to open it in Notepad and copy it over into Word. In Gimp, I just open the layer right into the artwork.

Right now, that's my only complaint beyond the built-in tutorials being tough to understand. But you all on here have been wonderful with answering questions, and that makes it a LOT easier. If that's my only complaint, it's a minor one.

Comment

I guess it also depends on how you work, sometimes it's useful to be able to open a texture or pic only once and then use it on several images. Last time I did that was when I made the challenge entries and then the icon and avi to go with it. I used two of Nola's textures.

In any case I pretty much never use the file/open function, just open PS so that it covers the entire screen and my image folder on top of it, and click and drag the image I want onto the drawing board.

ETA:

Next challenge entry. If I have the time, I'm considering making a set of the entire main cast...

I'm keeping the PSG file, so if anyone wants to print my bookmarks out, PM me and we'll see about sending a higher resolution image to you somehow.
          Last edited by maneth; 12 January 2013, 09:56 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

And another...

sigpic

Comment

Wow, maneth, you're on a roll!
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Very true, mane.

And really loving the Andromeda art.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ikorni, lg.

Love yours Nola!
                    sigpic

Comment

Love the ST-art, Nola! Spock! My (second) first love !

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                      Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic
                      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Mane, good to see you're enjoying this challenge Another nice entry

Nice nostalgic bookmark Nola

Here's mine.........

Comment

Ooh, yum Jumble... *sigh*

A few more. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find matching pix, but never mind...

sigpic

Comment

Nice, Jumble!

First attempt (don't be shocked - no Grimm this time ):

EDIT:
                            Sorry, couldn't resist to make more from this awesome new trailer *thud*. So happy, that Game of Thrones will come back soon
                            Last edited by Hyndara71; 13 January 2013, 09:59 AM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic
                            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

More Kili..................

Comment

I like the blend-effect on the left one, Jumble , but both are well done!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X