Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    ROFL! That's what the ladies over on the Renner thread said!
    Great minds.

He does an absolutely fantastic job there. Speaking of, I have a Bourne story started (Two Worlds Apart) that I finally got posted today. It's Aaron/Marta.
    Oooh! I'll have to check it out!

Ikorni, those are awesome!
    Way awesome! You gotta tell us how you made them! TUT! Pretty please???
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Lovely arties posted once again. I'd give out some green but I've run out...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        I'll take interesting, thank you. I did a cartoon effect on the picture of Jensen but I am so not good at coloring. I grew tired of trying different colors/contrasts/brightness and settled for what you see there.
        Yeah, I know where you came from. One of the first attempts of the David-Angel-sig (if you remember that one) I also used cartoon because ... let us say, I was a little inspired by an icon I'd seen some time ago. But it looked ... horrible, so I refused that and stayed with only contrasts/brightness.

Mh...could be. I usually work on 100% because 67% is a bit too small.
        It is. That's why I'm switching that.

Me too !

This challenge is producing such great artwork!
        It does!

My next two entries...working my way through the entire team. And my husband has already said he wants a wallie made out of all of these when I'm done.
        Clever hubby!

Well done, lg! Love them both. Just noticed that Hawkeye was also on the Thor movie. Don't know why I haven't regocnized him before ...
        Looking great, Ikorni!
        Besides ... that's what I personally love when it comes to making bookmarks: that they are simple to do but looking great - and they are useful

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

great work on the bookmarks by everyone so far
          sigpic
          Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Hehe, as promised. Grimm comes from the books, so it's okay that they all turn out as ... bookmarks . Maincast:

And one ... experiment (because I never know which side is top ):

Last edited by Hyndara71; 15 January 2013, 03:36 AM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

You're welcome and thank you.

I'll take interesting, thank you. I did a cartoon effect on the picture of Jensen but I am so not good at coloring. I grew tired of trying different colors/contrasts/brightness and settled for what you see there.

Mh...could be. I usually work on 100% because 67% is a bit too small.

Okay, and now for my second entry...
              http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...ge-bkmk2-3.jpg http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...enge-bkmk3.jpg

I like this one much better.
              Nicely done RIG.

This challenge is producing such great artwork!

My next two entries...working my way through the entire team. And my husband has already said he wants a wallie made out of all of these when I'm done.

Double Thunking HERE! Where's my fan and drool bucket? These guys are so hot.

WOW!!!

These are amazing!!! I'll take Hawkeye.

Speaking of Jeremy Renner, I saw The Bourne Legacy last night and I loved it! JR was awesome in it! And, now that I've seen the movie I just love your sig/avi combo.
              I want to see that move. Gotta rent it. Did you see him in MI: Ghost Protocol. Loved him in it. Can't get enough of Mission Impossibles. If they do another one... I hope he's in it.

Those two are too cute. Love it.

Ok... Did my Doctor Who ones. Nothing fancy. Took too long to find the pics I wanted.. then I found these with the same background. Just tweeked the coloring and added their numbers. Sorry that #3 is a bit blurry. Couldn't find a bigger pic like the rest and had to scale him up in size.

Comment

Thanks, Hyn and sci.

Just a quick suggestion.....Those of us who are making sets of casts (like the Avengers), it would probably be easier on Jumble if we stuck them all on one canvas like we do with icons. That way she's only got one image or thumbnail to post as opposed to, say, nine in my case.

Just a thought for when we send in our entries this week.

Comment

Yeah, I've actually did that as I was doing the bookmarks - thought they were administratively easier too. Thanks for mentioning it, ladygris, I forgot!

I was actually going through the threads here and found an older site - called Graphic Arts Tutorials, Textures, Resources Thread. Is that a sister site? Or simply an older one?
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Mh, that's a little late, I've already sent mine to Jumble *poor Jumble this week!*. But I don't think to do much more bookmarks - unless there's coming something for me I don't know yet. I'm too busy right now with my LJ-Bingo with writing several fanfics, the new fanfic (first time complete in English - you guys will kill me), several translations and also creating art for the Bingo. Plus ... oh, there's this thing called RL, that tends to happen from time to time to me . So I hope Jumble will forgive me that I didn't create a canvas for putting the bookmarks on.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                      Yeah, I've actually did that as I was doing the bookmarks - thought they were administratively easier too. Thanks for mentioning it, ladygris, I forgot!

I was actually going through the threads here and found an older site - called Graphic Arts Tutorials, Textures, Resources Thread. Is that a sister site? Or simply an older one?
                      That's an older thread, still active I think but less so these days. There's some great tuts and resources on there if the links are still valid Quite a few have been used for arties on this thread, and just an FYI you can find the Master List to all the tuts used on the thread in the first post on the first page

And I was just about to suggest the same thing LG!! Poor Jumble, whilst I'm LOVING the entries this week, I'm sooo glad I'm not posting *skips away*

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                        Mh, that's a little late, I've already sent mine to Jumble *poor Jumble this week!*. But I don't think to do much more bookmarks - unless there's coming something for me I don't know yet. I'm too busy right now with my LJ-Bingo with writing several fanfics, the new fanfic (first time complete in English - you guys will kill me), several translations and also creating art for the Bingo. Plus ... oh, there's this thing called RL, that tends to happen from time to time to me . So I hope Jumble will forgive me that I didn't create a canvas for putting the bookmarks on.
                        I'm sure it's not a problem. I just happened to think about it because my husband wants a wallie made out of the bookmarks.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        That's an older thread, still active I think but less so these days. There's some great tuts and resources on there if the links are still valid Quite a few have been used for arties on this thread, and just an FYI you can find the Master List to all the tuts used on the thread in the first post on the first page

And I was just about to suggest the same thing LG!! Poor Jumble, whilst I'm LOVING the entries this week, I'm sooo glad I'm not posting *skips away*
                        Poor Jumble!

Comment

Thanks, Hyn and sci.

Just a quick suggestion.....Those of us who are making sets of casts (like the Avengers), it would probably be easier on Jumble if we stuck them all on one canvas like we do with icons. That way she's only got one image or thumbnail to post as opposed to, say, nine in my case.

You're welcome hun and That's a great idea. Will wait til I'm sure I'm done and then put it all in one "wallie".

Lucky you Sarai.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                            Yeah, I know where you came from. One of the first attempts of the David-Angel-sig (if you remember that one) I also used cartoon because ... let us say, I was a little inspired by an icon I'd seen some time ago. But it looked ... horrible, so I refused that and stayed with only contrasts/brightness.
                            I do remember that sig. And it was awesome btw. It's tough being an artist.

It is. That's why I'm switching that.
                            Ah ha... Good to know.

Me too !
                            Thank you.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                            Nicely done RIG.
                            Thank you.

I want to see that move. Gotta rent it. Did you see him in MI: Ghost Protocol. Loved him in it. Can't get enough of Mission Impossibles. If they do another one... I hope he's in it.
                            I did indeed see him in MI. It's what turned me on to him. And I am in violent agreement with your last statement.

Nice DW icons. I love the font you used for the numbers.
                            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 15 January 2013, 06:03 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks, Hyn and sci.

Brilliant idea lg - thank you

Comment

Last 2 for the night.... I think I should really stop. Again... Awesome job everyone.

G'night everyone.

PS: Tiva bookmark
                                Spoiler:
                                Top pic for Tiva is actually 2 pics mashed together. It was two different shots in the same area.

Comment

Working...
                                X