Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Thank you. I didn't know what size for the icon - I'm not on LJ, and it will be awhile yet before Sheppard little minx will be able to use a custom one on here...
    Nice set, Nola!
    The LJ-icon-size is 100x100 pixel. PB still offers to redo the size and also does LJ (well, LJ cut them when they are too big).
    Also like your general art. Same problem as RiG had, cannot green you . Seems like I have to green a little more again ... *sigh*

RiG, thank you . The Borgias just started back in 2011 but as it is a small show with small seasons (first season 9 episodes, the second 10) I think it isn't so well known. I stumbled over it in season 1 and fell in love with it but mostly forgot about it until a friend of mine sent me season 2 last year. But back then I was so deep into Grimm, no chance to watch anything else. Well, one good thing about this horrible long hiatus is, I can watch other shows I want to keep (like SPN too ).

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      I don't mind. Give me a few moments to get them uploaded,

Edit:

Okay, here they are.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...ps01a65b57.png http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...ps50dc5077.jpg http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1b37d597.jpg http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...ks-d4ev9ha.jpg http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...psb90cbd50.png

I also used a gradient under the model image to get the transition between colors I needed, but that's based on the image you use.
      Thanks hun! I hope you don't mind that I snurch a couple of your textures. Nice selections.

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
      XF, that is amazing! Great job.

Hyn, those are both wonderful sig/avi sets!

scifan, love seeing Doctor Who art... so beautiful.

Nolamom, that is a unique map and great sig!
      Thanks hun.

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
      These are beautiful, Sci! Can I have the Steampunk textures?

I'm sorry to hear you were sick too! I had one of my record long migraines. My head was on crooked, which tends to cause some problems. But I'm all fixed up now and should be good for another month or two.
      Thanks Padme.... Let me load the textures I used.... brb.

Here you go hun.
      Last edited by scifan; 04 January 2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        I had a tummy bug on the day after Christmas, had to spend all day in bed. And I went for three days without coffee, horrors!
        Oh no hun. Hope you're feeling better. So many sick during the holidays.

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
        RIG: Love your entry!
        lg: Love your wallies! And thanks for the textures
        Bay: Thanks!
        XFC: Love the drawing!
        Hyn: Love the sets!
        Sci: Love them!!!
        Nola: Love the sig! And thanks for the fonts

I made this when I was waiting for the rest of my family to wake up:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...-4543-yami.png
        Thank you so much Yami. Love the Oswin sigs you have and nice art.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        I've been watching Leverage quite a lot lately and I really like Eliot so I had to make a sig...

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/.../eliot-sig.jpg
        Love Eliot!! So gonna miss that show.
        Beautiful job hun.

Comment

Thanks, but the last one doesn't work. Says it was moved or deleted.
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Challenge Week 58 - Maps

A.Karsywll

Hyndara

Ikorni

Josiane

Jumble

Last edited by Sarai; 04 January 2013, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Continued...

Ladygris

Maneth

Nolamom

RodneyIsGodney

Scifan

Yami

Last edited by Sarai; 04 January 2013, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Banner by Maneth

Tutorial Week 17

This week is a Tutorial Week. For the first week every month, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials.

This is how it works:

1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

Please PM your entries (both your original tutorial and any art you make following a tutorial this week) to Josiane

Comment

Great challenge art everyone!
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Banner by Nad

SECONDARY CHALLENGE

The WooHoos have had a really fabulous Martinmas celebration over the last 12 days, and we really appreciate all the wonderful artwork that many of you have contributed – so now we’d like to include you in the next WooHoo Celebration – Martin’s Birthday!

If anyone wood like to make birthday art for Martin, please make them 680x383px . These will be used to make a birthday video, which will be sent to Martin together with your artwork. We’ve done this for the last couple of years and I know first hand how much he loves and appreciates them

Cards/artwork do not have to include pictures of Martin - you can do whatever you like

PLEASE NOTE THAT, IN THIS INSTANCE, SIZE DOES MATTER!!
                    They need to fit into the vid frame – 680x 383px

PLEASE SEND YOUR ENTRIES FOR THIS CHALLENGE TO JUMBLE!!
                    Thank you

Last edited by Jumble; 13 January 2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Great arties everyone! Fun to see my old banner.
                      sigpic

Comment

Creating realistic water reflections in Photoshop

Spoiler:

1. Copy image and flip vertically and move below the original image.
                        2. Using layer masks, fade out the bottom of the original image (below the waterline).
                        3. Using the liquefy filter with a brush size of around 50, create ripples in the copy image – particularly at the edges.
                        4. Turn down the opacity of the copy. I used about 55%
                        5. Make a copy of the copied image and set to multiply – 25%.
                        6. Apply a ripple texture such as http://jssanda.deviantart.com/art/Se...-PNG-302466131 set to overlay. Copy this layer and resize slightly larger and place below first ripples. Using a layer mask, or erasing, fit the ripples around the waterline of the original image – you will have to eliminate the portion of the ripples that are the backside and would be behind the figure.
                        7. Make a new layer below your ripple and above your image copy. Paint in a shadow , set to multiply, apply a blur filter, and adjust opacity. Remember that both the original image will cast a shadow AND the ripples will cast a lesser shadow.
                        8. That should do it!
                        sigpic

Comment

Awesome entries !

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                          Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Fantastic challenge entries everyone! Looks like the collective muse is back with a vengeance Bring on tut week

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            Nice, RodneyIsGodney!

I've got some challenge suggestions, but seeing as I've not been in this thread very long, these might have already been done.

1. 'vintage art/photo' colouring challenge
                            2. Favourite movie challenge
                            3. A challenge that incorporates vector art
                            4. Favourite era/trends challenge (Retro-styles, pre-war fashion, anything)

Just wondering!
                            All suggestions always welcome If they're similar to something we've already done or done relatively recently then we'll just hold on to them and wait to use them.

I'll add all these to our list, but for future reference for anyone - please make sure that you PM any suggestions to me, Jumble or Sarai either instead of or as well as posting on the thread. That way we won't miss them
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

GAH!!! Forgot to send in my entry, I knew there was something I meant to do this week! Stupid RL making me forget important stuff like that

Fantastic entries everyone! Amazing just how many different interpretations of maps there are!
                              sigpic
                              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Great entries for the map challenge guys!

Tut week, huh? We'll see...

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post

RiG, thank you . The Borgias just started back in 2011 but as it is a small show with small seasons (first season 9 episodes, the second 10) I think it isn't so well known. I stumbled over it in season 1 and fell in love with it but mostly forgot about it until a friend of mine sent me season 2 last year. But back then I was so deep into Grimm, no chance to watch anything else. Well, one good thing about this horrible long hiatus is, I can watch other shows I want to keep (like SPN too ).
                                You're welcome. Sad that the show isn't as popular is it probably should be. It needs more eps per season. Maybe it's not getting enough publicity? Lord knows SPN has dealt with that. But the new head of CW is a big fan of the show so here's hoping! And, yes, keep up with SPN! New episodes return Jan 16th and that day cannot come soon enough!

Oooooh, very nice! Must snurch!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                                Love Eliot!! So gonna miss that show.
                                Me too! Ended way too soon. Sigh.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X