Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the difference Jumble

lg reminded me, through her challenge entry, that I barely use stocks for my art. I primarily use textures/brushes so I decided to try and make a piece of art from just stock... And this is what I came up with:

sigpic
    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Lovely Yamii!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
        Sha: love the icons!
        Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
        Loving all the entires everyone! Shaviva, I like your reds!
        Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
        ShaViva I love the use of red in your sig, very bold
        Thank you Yami, Iko, mere5 - happy that someone likes them!

Love the challenge responses so far *hands out well deserved green*

Awesome new sig Yamii

I decided to do something different for the challenge and my new found love of Castle!

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...erent1_mr5.jpg
        This is lovely - the colouring and the background. Sorry I couldn't green you.
        sigpic

Comment

lg, it's wonderful!
          yamii, wow! Looks great! And the Magnus-sig is pure and simple awesome!
          meredithe, lovely work
          Jumble, oh my Godness, you killed me with your Costner-art! Absolutely different and absolutely stunning. LOVE it!

Not a challenge entry, I think it's too much me, but I found this pic on the official Grimm-HP and HAD to do something with it:

What you think?

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
          Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
            Wow Jumble... those are completely different. I had to scroll back up and check out the poster name again to make sure it was you! Love them though, great job on the being different thing.

I think even if I could think of something "different" for me, it wouldn't be as contrasting as what you will be able to come up with.
            Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
            @jumble: LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kevin Costner art!!!
            They all look great Jumble
            Originally posted by maneth View Post
            Lovely arties Jumble, and certainly very different!
            Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
            Love the difference Jumble
            Thank you all I saw Bradley Cooper on the tv last night and just had to hunt out some pics

lg reminded me, through her challenge entry, that I barely use stocks for my art. I primarily use textures/brushes so I decided to try and make a piece of art from just stock... And this is what I came up with:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...s-843-yami.jpg
            Lovely! Nice use of the bevel/emboss feature

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
            Jumble, oh my Godness, you killed me with your Costner-art! Absolutely different and absolutely stunning. LOVE it!
            Thank you! I was inspired by a trailer for Hatfields & McCoys, his new miniseries that starts here next Thursday - can't wait to see it!

Not a challenge entry, I think it's too much me, but I found this pic on the official Grimm-HP and HAD to do something with it:

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...rt/gonesig.jpg

What you think?
            I think it's definitely different enough for the challenge - nicely done

Comment

If you like Kevin Costner, have you seen this?

Now we know what he's been doing during his absence from the silver screen

Comment

Another......

Who knew?

Comment

Thank you, Jumble .
                  You didn't know that? I think I've watche d the complete concert a while ago *scratches head*. But I knew that he's also doing some music.
                  BTW, is he still living on that ranch next to Harry Ford?

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic
                  LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                    Thank you, Jumble .
                    You didn't know that? I think I've watche d the complete concert a while ago *scratches head*. But I knew that he's also doing some music.
                    BTW, is he still living on that ranch next to Harry Ford?
                    I knew he sang, I didn't know that he'd been doing concert tours or that he was that good

Time was, I'd know everything about him - I blame Martin for diverting my attention

He still lives on 'a' ranch, but I don't know about his neighbours.

Comment

Mane, Hyn, and Jumble: Thank you!

Hyn: Love it!
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Yamii: I love the Helen sig, also love how you used the younger 'blonde' Helen. Usually everyone uses pictures where she's brunette.
                        Hyn: I love the sig, and I think you can consider it a challenge entry. You tried something different with the weapon stock
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Yamii and meredithe .
                          Uhm, meredithe, that isn't a stock, the axe is part of the original Promo-pic. I only separated it one time and resized it instead of David's (pretty ) face because ... the axe is promoted as his season2 weapon of choice (but still hanging in the closet so far *grumbles*). To see it and him on the promo-pic together, especially with his expression made me to do something with that pic.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

I decided to try a pairing in Star Wars (which really was how I got into Sci-fi) which is pretty much legendary - Han Solo and Leia.

Things which are completely different for me:
                            Using a different sized image, using text as my background rather than a texture, duplicating layers, using the texturizer in PS, and lots of grungy cut-outs. Mostly an exercising in colouring more than anything.

Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

It looks great Ikorni!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Great work Ikorni, yami, Jumble and Hyn! I love you all telling us what you're doing differently as well
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X