No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love all the entries from last week - well done everyone. Totally agree that there is some awesome talent here!! I did attempt a 'red' entry but PB wasn't cooperating so I couldn't upload it ... until now of course, when it's too late!!

I wasn't really that taken with any of these so I'm not disappointed I didn't make the challenge post
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      When you save your challenge entries put your name or initials in the filename. This saves us having to rename every entry so that we know who made it
      Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      RiG, pretty much it means to save the final copy of you challenge entry with a part of the title having your name or initials. For example, I am TrueRomantic, but most people here call me TR, so that's how I save. Take my sig from a couple challenges ago...On my computer, the final jpg is save as Challenge Crossover 1.TR.jpg. I made two for that challenge, so my second one was saved as Challenge Crossover 2.TR.jpg. That is what I upload to PB and that is how it is titled when I send it to Jumble, Josi, or Sarai.
      Got it, thanks gals.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        @josi: How did you get the shadow on the text in your sig? When I do it it never looks right.
        Originally posted by josiane View Post
        lg made that sig, so I can't say exactly how she did it. I know in PS if you adjust the settings for spread, distance, angle and opacity you can bring the shadow closer to the text in that way and make it more defined
        Actually, what I did was type the lighter color, duplicate the layer, change the color to a dark color, and move it a few pixels to the right and down. Then, I moved the dark color layer behind the lighter one. (Which you already figured out. ) Then, I added a drop shadow with the X and Y numbers at 0 and the spread to 20.

Oh, lg, okay. I'll ask her as I don't have PS...she probably us PS...oh well. Thanks anyways.
        Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
        Actually, I'm 99% sure that lg uses Gimp.
        Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
        As far as I know she uses both, like Sy.
        Wow! Kinda weird to see the discussion about what program I use!

I use Gimp and only Gimp. I'd love to have PS, but I just haven't had the money to spend on it lately. Hmm......have to mention it to my hubby for Christmas, though he's already got Christmas....

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
          Actually, what I did was type the lighter color, duplicate the layer, change the color to a dark color, and move it a few pixels to the right and down. Then, I moved the dark color layer behind the lighter one. (Which you already figured out. ) Then, I added a drop shadow with the X and Y numbers at 0 and the spread to 20.
          I didn't figure that much out. Just the drop shadow bit. Didn't think you did the duplicate layer thing, now I know.

Wow! Kinda weird to see the discussion about what program I use!

I use Gimp and only Gimp. I'd love to have PS, but I just haven't had the money to spend on it lately. Hmm......have to mention it to my hubby for Christmas, though he's already got Christmas....
          Yeah, I can't afford PS either. And I love my Gimp!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Love the art, RiG!
            Still never watched that movie but it's still on my "HAVE TO!!! watch-list".

Sorry, then I mixed you *shame on me*.
            Lucky hubby and lucky you for getting something for Christmas (or birthday, or both) .

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
            Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Terrific entries this week! Why didn't I see many of them throughout the week? I must be going blind. Really beautiful work everyone.
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't figure that much out. Just the drop shadow bit. Didn't think you did the duplicate layer thing, now I know.

Yeah, I can't afford PS either. And I love my Gimp!
                I use the duplicate layer thing all the time! It adds such depth to have that little bit of dark behind a light-colored text.

Love the art, RiG!

Sorry, then I mixed you *shame on me*.
                Lucky hubby and lucky you for getting something for Christmas (or birthday, or both) .
                No worries. I've had people tell me they forget I use Gimp and think I use PS before.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                  Just stopping in to say Wonderful arts from the last challenge And I may not be able to participate since I wouldn't know what I don't use but I will be on the lookout for anything deemed different for me

I also wish to give a big thanks to Estrela for inspiring me into making my current avi/sig set.
                  I did? Really? Glad I could help.
                  They came out gorgeous too. You get all the credit for that. Virtual green.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sha: love the icons!

Estrela: Thanks! Your Iron Man sig was the inspiration, though I used different brushes.
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Man, I leave for a few hours and things go mad!

Loving all the entires everyone! Shaviva, I like your reds!
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Great challenge entries, everyone!

One from me for the new challenge.....I rarely use just textures, so that's what I did. Just textures and the background on the pic. No stocks....

Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did for coloring!

Comment

Love the art, RiG!
                          Thank you.

You HAVE TOO watch it!

I use the duplicate layer thing all the time! It adds such depth to have that little bit of dark behind a light-colored text.
                          I will keep that in mind. Though I've done that myself on occasion.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Lovely entries everyone! And cool challenge too. Will have to see what I can come up with...
                            sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous lg! And I love how it still looks very much you, even though you did something different to make it
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Gorgeous lg! And I love how it still looks very much you, even though you did something different to make it
                                Thanks!

Is that necessarily a bad thing?

I kept spotting stocks I wanted to use and having to remind myself, "No stocks! Not even to blur them out and make them like textures!"

Just wish I could remember what I did with the coloring!

Comment

Working...
                                X