Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Thanks for the tut lg! It's lots of work that's for sure. I'd love to give it a go though. You should submit that tut over at shadowplay too.
    Done. It's waiting to be sorted and such.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Dropping off a quick challenge entry. Couldn't resist.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/DutchIndeed/Sigs/freqncysig.jpg

*does the artsy shimmy*

...and the 'f' is there
      Awwwwsum!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      Beautiful!

Any chance of a tut?
      Yes indeed - Nad's tuts are brilliant

Comment

Feeling artistic but my muse isn't cooperating. So, I used this tut by Luciana.

Comment

Very nice lg, I really like the crispness and clarity you've achieved

I've been boobling with this tut from Jeyla4ever....

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Dropping off a quick challenge entry. Couldn't resist.

*does the artsy shimmy*
            ...and the 'f' is there
            My heart just skipped a beat when I saw that. Virtual green, Aa-maz-zing!!!
            sigpic
            Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Very nice lg, I really like the crispness and clarity you've achieved

I've been boobling with this tut from Jeyla4ever....

<lazy snip>
              Thanks. I basically made a stamp of all the layers and then sharpened rather than doing them one at a time.

Lovely work! What is the building in the background, because it looks fantastic!

Comment

Thanks. I basically made a stamp of all the layers and then sharpened rather than doing them one at a time.

Lovely work! What is the building in the background, because it looks fantastic!
                Thanks - it's the Sanctuary

Comment

Thanks - it's the Sanctuary
                  See, I don't watch the show and didn't recognize it. It's still perfect for the coloring!

Comment

See, I don't watch the show and didn't recognize it. It's still perfect for the coloring!
                    It did fit well The bridge in my current sig is also a Sanctuary screenshot - they come in very useful I find

Comment

It did fit well The bridge in my current sig is also a Sanctuary screenshot - they come in very useful I find
                      I have a lot of textures from SGA like that. Sometimes, when the camera is close to a waterfall or some such thing, I'll take a screencap because I think, "THAT is perfect!"

Comment

Here's my take on LG's tut...

sigpic

Comment

Very nice, mane! I especially like how the lightness contrasts with the dark of his clothes.

Comment

I'm glad it worked out, to start with those clothes were a dark sea blue! (The pic is from shadowplay's models folder.) All told, that psd has about 35 layers!
                            sigpic

Comment

Josi, a question about your tutorial for your film strip/movie theme wallpaper (The Blue Butterfly). I've managed to follow most of the steps on my version of photoshop (8). I'm just having trouble with step 11. where you have:

* Add a new layer and fill with b8b8b8. Use the select tool to draw a large, rough rectangle in the middle, leaving a border round the edges. Use the options under refine edge to soften the selection - increase the feather to 250 and the radius to 7. Delete the selected part and set this layer to colour burn at 100 percent - this will make the edges darker.

I don't know how to find the options for refine edge to soften the selection once you've marked the area you want in that step. I couldn't find it at all or know where to look. I hope this makes sense, as I am a bit confused as to where it is. How do you delete an area you have selected with the select tool? I know this may sound silly, but I have no clue and I hope they make sense!! Thank you.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

I have a lot of textures from SGA like that. Sometimes, when the camera is close to a waterfall or some such thing, I'll take a screencap because I think, "THAT is perfect!"
                                I do that too

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                                I'm glad it worked out, to start with those clothes were a dark sea blue! (The pic is from shadowplay's models folder.) All told, that psd has about 35 layers!
                                Very nice sig I'm finding lately that my psd's are ending up with more and more layers - I blame Josi

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                                Josi, a question about your tutorial for your film strip/movie theme wallpaper (The Blue Butterfly). I've managed to follow most of the steps on my version of photoshop (8). I'm just having trouble with step 11. where you have:

* Add a new layer and fill with b8b8b8. Use the select tool to draw a large, rough rectangle in the middle, leaving a border round the edges. Use the options under refine edge to soften the selection - increase the feather to 250 and the radius to 7. Delete the selected part and set this layer to colour burn at 100 percent - this will make the edges darker.

I don't know how to find the options for refine edge to soften the selection once you've marked the area you want in that step. I couldn't find it at all or know where to look. I hope this makes sense, as I am a bit confused as to where it is. How do you delete an area you have selected with the select tool? I know this may sound silly, but I have no clue and I hope they make sense!! Thank you.
                                The refine edge is along the top in CS3 (the one below file, edit, image, layer etc), but you only see it when you've got a cutting tool selected (marquee tool, lasso, quick select, magic wand etc). Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                                X