Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah, it's song lyrics that my pastor's wife sings all the time. Unfortunately, I can't find the actual author.
    You're welcome

Hm. I might try google, it's a really nice line

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      You're welcome

Hm. I might try google, it's a really nice line
      See, I googled it, and I remember a singer named Mary Alessi singing it. (I think she's Australian, but I'm not sure.) However, the only place I could find the actual lyrics was someone's blog where they quoted the song. Since I've also heard it sung, I know what it says. But, finding the author has proven difficult. And every time I attach Mary Alessi's name, I can't find anything by her by that title.

Comment

Found it!

Spoiler:
        Running after You
        I hear the voice, it's the voice of the one I love. He's callin' my name. (I hear you calling me Jesus.) I hear the voice, the voice of the one I love. He's calling my name. (Can you hear Him calling?) He's sayin' - "Come up higher, hear the angels sing. Come up higher, my beloved. Come up higher and leave this world behind." You find me to be beautiful. I am running, running after You. You've become my soul's delight. I am running, running after You. Here with You I found my life. I am running, running after You. You've become my soul's delight. I am running, running after You. Here with You I find my life. I am running, running after You. You've become my soul's delight. I am running, running after You. Here with You I find my life. One thing I have desired, this will I seek after, to dwell in Your house forevermore. Now I'm running after the thing that really matters. You've become my joy and song. (You've become my joy and song.) You've become my joy and song. (You've become my joy and song.) You've become my joy and song. Become my joy and song. I am running, running after You. You've become my soul's delight. I am running, running after You. Here with You I find my life. I am running, running after You. You've become my soul's delight. I am running, running after You. Here with You I find my life... Here with You I find my life... ("Running" Klaus Kuehn)

It's also on yt, here

Comment

Yes! That's the one! Thanks!

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Gorgeous work everyone!

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
              Josi, a question about your tutorial for your film strip/movie theme wallpaper (The Blue Butterfly). I've managed to follow most of the steps on my version of photoshop (8). I'm just having trouble with step 11. where you have:

* Add a new layer and fill with b8b8b8. Use the select tool to draw a large, rough rectangle in the middle, leaving a border round the edges. Use the options under refine edge to soften the selection - increase the feather to 250 and the radius to 7. Delete the selected part and set this layer to colour burn at 100 percent - this will make the edges darker.

I don't know how to find the options for refine edge to soften the selection once you've marked the area you want in that step. I couldn't find it at all or know where to look. I hope this makes sense, as I am a bit confused as to where it is. How do you delete an area you have selected with the select tool? I know this may sound silly, but I have no clue and I hope they make sense!! Thank you.
              Jumble already pointed you to where the refine edge options are, and when you have an area selected you just hit the delete key to delete everything inside your selection. The refine edge bit just softens the edge of the selection you've made.

An alternative way to do that step would be to use a big fuzzy brush in the right colour and draw right round the edge of your picture with it

I do that too

Very nice sig I'm finding lately that my psd's are ending up with more and more layers - I blame Josi
              I would insert an indignant 'hey' at this point, but considering the awesome results you're getting I'm happy to take the blame/credit

Every now and then, whilst boobling in PS, I look at what comes out and think 'Yeah, that's not bad, I like that'. Today I found myself gazing in amazement at my boobling results, thinking 'OMG! Did I really make that? Really?? It's Awesome!' So please forgive me for blowing my own trumpet while I also thank Josi profusely for the tut that led me to these......

See. Exactly my point

*clears throat*

You have 24 hours to get your challenge entries to me! There's been some beautiful stuff this week and I have hardly any of it yet
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Gorgeous work everyone!

I would insert an indignant 'hey' at this point, but considering the awesome results you're getting I'm happy to take the blame/credit

See. Exactly my point
                Credit, definitely credit

*clears throat*

You have 24 hours to get your challenge entries to me! There's been some beautiful stuff this week and I have hardly any of it yet
                *runz off to check if mine got sent*

Comment

Thanks for all the lovely comments!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  Beautiful!

Any chance of a tut?
                  Sure! it's a simple sig really
                  I'll see what I can come up with, but with my tut writing skills...
                  I might not be very helpful
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Nad's going to write a tut! *bounces* They're always fun

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      Thanks for all the lovely comments!

Sure! it's a simple sig really
                      I'll see what I can come up with, but with my tut writing skills...
                      I might not be very helpful
                      Yay! *happy dance*

Comment

Another challenge entry..........

Comment

Thank you I'm learning so much from doing tutorials

Thanks Padme Sorry I can't help with any wps.
                          You're welcome. And that's ok. I'd be shocked if you had anything other than Martin work.
                          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                            You're welcome. And that's ok. I'd be shocked if you had anything other than Martin work.
                            I do! Sometimes......... occasionally.......

But not Downton Abbey - not my kind of show I'm afraid

Comment

Nad's going to write a tut! *bounces* They're always fun
                              ...I'm always aiming for strictly educational.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                ...I'm always aiming for strictly educational.
                                Your tuts are always educational - fun, but educational

Comment

Working...
                                X