No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the coloring and the sweep of flames. Very effective. Not so sure about the wings. Maybe if they were shadowy? instead of heavy lines. Just a thought.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      I like the coloring and the sweep of flames. Very effective. Not so sure about the wings. Maybe if they were shadowy? instead of heavy lines. Just a thought.
      Yeah, the wings were a real pain. I tried out several different kinds and liked that best.

Granted, by the time I got done, I was pretty happy to have a version I liked. I might go back and finesse it a bit more tomorrow.

Comment

I've always been afraid to try wings or feathers - so much to consider! They're delicate and strong at the same time. Very graceful. I'm such a klutz about everything that I feel like a bull in a china shop most of the time anyway so I'm not certain how I'd go about incorporating such a delicate structure into my art.
        sigpic

Comment

I've always been afraid to try wings or feathers - so much to consider! They're delicate and strong at the same time. Very graceful. I'm such a klutz about everything that I feel like a bull in a china shop most of the time anyway so I'm not certain how I'd go about incorporating such a delicate structure into my art.
          I've done wings before, but not this particular texture. The ones I used before were pretty delicate.

Comment

Lovely work lg and Nola!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
            Beautifuljosi!

I gave your tut a go.....

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...aTutBanner.jpg
            Nicely done

Incredible. Those pics are really something else. Love what you've done with them.
            They're a gift. It's always so much easier if you don't have to wrestle grainy dark screencaps in the first place!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Beautiful work everyone, I love TUT week - one idea can turn into lots just through interpretation .

Not sure I have it in me to do anything at the moment - after whizzing through my Advent entries I'm now struggling with my Secret Santa's

I do have a question though from Josi's tut - what is the GIMP equivalent of 'making a stamp of the image'? Is it merging the layers?
              sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                Beautiful work everyone, I love TUT week - one idea can turn into lots just through interpretation .

Not sure I have it in me to do anything at the moment - after whizzing through my Advent entries I'm now struggling with my Secret Santa's

I do have a question though from Josi's tut - what is the GIMP equivalent of 'making a stamp of the image'? Is it merging the layers?
                You can make a stamp in Gimp. What it does, effectively, is make a copy of all the layers merged together, so you still have your original layers intact underneath. I can't remember exactly how you do it though In PS it's Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E and there is a similar command in Gimp. Otherwise it's probably in the layers menu somewhere - new from copy, or something, perhaps?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  You can make a stamp in Gimp. What it does, effectively, is make a copy of all the layers merged together, so you still have your original layers intact underneath. I can't remember exactly how you do it though In PS it's Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E and there is a similar command in Gimp. Otherwise it's probably in the layers menu somewhere - new from copy, or something, perhaps?
                  Okay thanks. I see that a lot, get confused and just gloss over it :O

Now I really have to go to work - 6 days on the trot is killing me!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Comment

Day 3 of the WooHoo Advent Calendar....................

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        If I'm understanding this correctly I think what you're talking about can be done from the Layers menu, choosing New from Visible. This gives you one layer that looks exactly like all your visible layers - very useful because if you merge layers depending on their settings, you can't duplicate the overall look. Hope that helps MR

Jumble, love today's Advents - seeing Jack and Sam in particular made me smile. Well done Nola!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yay.... managed to skip out of work early

Thanks Sha, I think I know what it means now.

Becasue it's Saturday and my first 'sparky advent' day will be posted at some point today on LJ I thought I'd share what I made for it

(At least I hope it's the right one, I made 4 and forget which one is for today!!)

sigpic

Comment

Those are all very beautiful advents, Mr. You've been busy this holiday.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                              If I'm understanding this correctly I think what you're talking about can be done from the Layers menu, choosing New from Visible. This gives you one layer that looks exactly like all your visible layers - very useful because if you merge layers depending on their settings, you can't duplicate the overall look. Hope that helps MR

Jumble, love today's Advents - seeing Jack and Sam in particular made me smile. Well done Nola!!
                              Yes, that's it! Couldn't remember what it was called in the layers menu

Lovely work MR!
                              sigpic

Comment

ADVENTS LIST

Here are the Advents I don't yet have, just as a reminder ........

6th: Scifan
                                12th: Jann
                                13th: RiG
                                14th: Graceful Spirit
                                15th: Padme
                                18th: Sarai
                                21st: LGJ
                                23rd: Rocket

If anyone is running out of time, or doesn't think they can get it done in time for whatever reason, please let me know asap! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X