X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Lovely work lg and Nola!

Nicely done

They're a gift. It's always so much easier if you don't have to wrestle grainy dark screencaps in the first place!
    Thanks, josi.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    Beautiful work everyone, I love TUT week - one idea can turn into lots just through interpretation .

Not sure I have it in me to do anything at the moment - after whizzing through my Advent entries I'm now struggling with my Secret Santa's

I do have a question though from Josi's tut - what is the GIMP equivalent of 'making a stamp of the image'? Is it merging the layers?
    Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
    If I'm understanding this correctly I think what you're talking about can be done from the Layers menu, choosing New from Visible. This gives you one layer that looks exactly like all your visible layers - very useful because if you merge layers depending on their settings, you can't duplicate the overall look. Hope that helps MR

Jumble, love today's Advents - seeing Jack and Sam in particular made me smile. Well done Nola!!
    I was about to answer Mr's question, but Sha beat me to it. It took me forever to figure out that "Duplicate Visible" meant "Make a stamp."

Yay.... managed to skip out of work early

Thanks Sha, I think I know what it means now.

Becasue it's Saturday and my first 'sparky advent' day will be posted at some point today on LJ I thought I'd share what I made for it

(At least I hope it's the right one, I made 4 and forget which one is for today!!)

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...ial/th_SAC.jpg
    Mr, I love it!

Comment

Found a tut this morning for a Vintage Greeting Card that was a lot of fun. Of course those pics of Amanda are just waiting to be used...

sigpic

Comment

Lovely work, Nola.

I went back this morning and tweaked the wp I made last night. Here's the second version......

Comment

I like that better lg. I just thought that the bold black lines were too heavy for the wings before. This is very nice. The wings look like they could fly now.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Nola. Last night, I was just ready to have the crazy thing done. I started out following a tutorial and went a completely different direction!

All I did was change the mode on the wings from "Multiply" to "Divide." And I think I lowered the opacity.

Comment

Great work, MR, Nola and lg!

Beautiful work everyone, I love TUT week - one idea can turn into lots just through interpretation .

Not sure I have it in me to do anything at the moment - after whizzing through my Advent entries I'm now struggling with my Secret Santa's

I do have a question though from Josi's tut - what is the GIMP equivalent of 'making a stamp of the image'? Is it merging the layers?
              I know what you mean. Not funny when the secret Santa is on ignore ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Great entries and art josi, lg, Oma, Nola, Mr.

Lovely Advent Calendar!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Sy.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                    Thanks, Sy.
                    Welcome
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you sy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Thank you sy.
                        Welcome
                        sigpic

Comment

New wallie, using this tut from Jeyla4ever.

Comment

Very cool lg!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks again, sy. I'm honestly not too thrilled with it, but hey......Might be my mood today.

Comment

Question for Secret Santa.

What should it be? Sig/icon combo? Wallpaper? Is there a limit on how many "gifts"?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X