No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished making this sig and avatar for the challenge, It's my first challenge entry but it's been so much fun that I think I will end up doing many more. I made it just messing around in GIMP but for the next one I'm going to use a tutorial and see how they come out. Anyway I hope you guys like them.

Oh and my reasons why I love the topic is because Farscape was the first Sci Fi show that I really got into and my favorite aspect of it was always the relationship between John and Aeryn.
    Last edited by IcarusAbides; 07 August 2011, 04:44 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, lots of posts! You're all so cool!
      Lurking is fun here. Just wanted to say that. *nods*

Nice challenge this week too

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      So, I tried that tut Sil recced. Someone, show me how to follow a tut please.

You can consider this an entry to this week's challenge. Why I love Sanctuary? The Five. (I know Nigel's not there, but shhhh!)
      He's invisible.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Wow, lots of posts! You're all so cool!
        Lurking is fun here. Just wanted to say that. *nods*
        Delurking is fun too. Just saying.

He's invisible.
        Thanks Nad.
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
          I think it looks great!

And thanks! B/W sigs are fun. I think I'm gonna have to make more.
          Psst! Img tags

Lovely sig and avi IcarusAbides

Can I just ask that when pming your entries to me you also add your reasons why you love your chosen topic/s, fandom/s, whatever? (Assuming it's not obvious that is ) I think it wood be nice to include them in the challenge post

Comment

Delurking is fun too. Just saying.

Thanks Nad.
            But I haven't really got anything to share

And you're welcome. I've got your back
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
              Just finished making this sig and avatar for the competition, It's my first competition entry but it's been so much fun that I think I will end up doing many more. I made it just messing around in GIMP but for the next one I'm going to use a tutorial and see how they come out. Anyway I hope you guys like them.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/.../farscape5.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...capeavatar.jpg

Oh and my reasons why I love the topic is because Farscape was the first Sci Fi show that I really got into and my favorite aspect of it was always the relationship between John and Aeryn.
              Very nice and I think the siggy says it all.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Psst! Img tags

Can I just ask that when pming your entries to me you also add your reasons why you love your chosen topic/s, fandom/s, whatever? (Assuming it's not obvious that is ) I think it wood be nice to include them in the challenge post
              all fixed.
              sigpic
              Sig made by me

Comment

all fixed.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Very nice and I think the siggy says it all.
                  Thanks I'm glad you liked them.
                  sigpic

Comment

I really like your series of sigs jumble - easy to see what your "why I love" is! Very nice!

Jumble, those are all great! I really like the "Did somebody say it's about the too?"

One more from me before I can't stop myself. I used this Tut.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...lackwhite1.jpg
                    This and your other sig from a tut are both lovely DJgirl - I'll have to join the crowd and say I want to make a B&W sig now

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Another challenge entry from me. It's not really 'my' style, but this thread seems to have reawakened my use of textures. I'd got right out of the habit of using them before!

Why I love... old school SG1 of course
                    Love this! Old school SG-1 *happy sigh* - I think I've capped almost exactly the same screencap - they were just so great together. Lovely sig and thanks for reminding me of why I love SG-1 too.

So, I tried that tut Sil recced. Someone, show me how to follow a tut please.

You can consider this an entry to this week's challenge. Why I love Sanctuary? The Five. (I know Nigel's not there, but shhhh!)

The text is a bit hard to read, but I was tired of trying. It was the best place to put it. Maybe tomorrow I can see if I can find something better.

I agree with Jumble on both accounts! I really like the sig and I want to try a b/w with color tut too.
                    This turned out very nicely - text works okay from my POV too. There's so much going on it's really interesting just seeing what detail grabs your eye next. Very nice.

Just finished making this sig and avatar for the competition, It's my first competition entry but it's been so much fun that I think I will end up doing many more. I made it just messing around in GIMP but for the next one I'm going to use a tutorial and see how they come out. Anyway I hope you guys like them.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/.../farscape5.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...capeavatar.jpg

Yay for your first challenge entry - I love it. Ah, Farscape, what's not to love there?! You picked a great pic and the background works well too - another one of those 'thanks for reminding me why I loved' entries for me - love Farscape

Nice sig and icons too lg - well done, glad you did well in the challenge too!

Oh, and Jumble, on letting you know the reasons why we love whatever it is we love in our entries, I'm going to assume mine was one of the obvious ones
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, ShaViva!
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by me

Comment

Did a little bit of tweaking with the avatar in my post from before, this stuff is addictive when you get into it.

sigpic

Comment

Did a little bit of tweaking with the avatar in my post from before, this stuff is addictive when you get into it.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...apeavatar2.jpg
                          Oh! I love it! Adds jus the perfect final touch, IMHO.
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...apeavatar2.jpg
                            nice ... and yes, very addictive. I suffer from an almost incapacitating case of the tweaks ... part of why I can never remember what I did for my stuff because I just keep doing 'one more thing' LOL. It's fun though because you get the satisfaction of finishing something much quicker than making a vid or writing fan fic
                            sigpic

Comment

I will likely have a LOT more stuff done by the end of the week, but here's my official entry into the "Why I Love. . . ." challenge. I used Luciana's tut for this up to a point, and then broke off onto my own since I use GIMP, not PS.

Comment

Cool poster LG!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X