• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovin all the arts... So beautiful!
    sigpic
    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Ok i made one more for this weeks challenge.

if anyone can let me know if i sized these incorrectly. I think i might have.
      Last edited by max_omega; 12 September 2011, 11:54 AM.
      sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Lovely work - really great cropping Max! That second one is way oversize though - either reduce the filesize when you save or post it on the thread as a thumbnail rather than the full thing. If you don't know how to do either of those then say and we can let you know how to
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Okay, someone other than Beckett gracing my banner this time ....Though I'm not sure if I've gone a bit too dark with this one.. what do you think???

sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            Okay, someone other than Beckett gracing my banner this time ....Though I'm not sure if I've gone a bit too dark with this one.. what do you think???

MR, I love it! But that's one of my favorite Rodney moments in the entire series.

I would personally lighten it a touch. With it so dark, you actually lose the effect of his expression and the gun he's holding. But that's me It's a wonderful idea, though. I really like the texture at the corners.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Lovely work - really great cropping Max! That second one is way oversize though - either reduce the filesize when you save or post it on the thread as a thumbnail rather than the full thing. If you don't know how to do either of those then say and we can let you know how to
              Thanks. i thought it was, so i resized and re-linked it.

Madness....loved your sig...virtual green.
              sigpic
              Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Yet Another (Carson) banner from me (and an already posted one now with a quote )

Finally thought of a quote for this one
                LOVE the quote!

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  MR, I love it! But that's one of my favorite Rodney moments in the entire series.

I would personally lighten it a touch. With it so dark, you actually lose the effect of his expression and the gun he's holding. But that's me It's a wonderful idea, though. I really like the texture at the corners.
                  Thanks, it's one of my (many!! ) favourite McKay bits as well.. I think I will go back and have a play with the lighting, as you said his expression is one of the main parts of that scene
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks, it's one of my (many!! ) favourite McKay bits as well.. I think I will go back and have a play with the lighting, as you said his expression is one of the main parts of that scene
                    A really easy way to do that in GIMP and still keep the effect of the coloring is to use your paintbrush.

Select your paintbrush. Make sure your color is White.

On mode, select soft light. (The mode selection is under the tools on the left tool bar. It'll change how your paintbrush does.)

Without lifting up on your mouse button, paint the entire layer with Soft Light White. What this will do is lighten it. It's almost like taking a layer of grime off of regular pics. But it will brighten your layer quite easily. But, whatever you do, DON'T lift up your mouse button. Otherwise, you'll have to start completely over.

I hope that made sense.

Comment

Love them Max and MR
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

A really easy way to do that in GIMP and still keep the effect of the coloring is to use your paintbrush.

Select your paintbrush. Make sure your color is White.

On mode, select soft light. (The mode selection is under the tools on the left tool bar. It'll change how your paintbrush does.)

Without lifting up on your mouse button, paint the entire layer with Soft Light White. What this will do is lighten it. It's almost like taking a layer of grime off of regular pics. But it will brighten your layer quite easily. But, whatever you do, DON'T lift up your mouse button. Otherwise, you'll have to start completely over.

I hope that made sense.
                        Great thanks, I'll give that a go,though I do have the .xcf file do I can still play around with it
                        sigpic

Comment

Great thanks, I'll give that a go,though I do have the .xcf file do I can still play around with it
                          Having the .xcf file makes it even easier because you can choose what layer you want to use with that. I also use it on a lot of my caps to make them a LOT brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            LOVE the quote!
                            Thanks, I spent ages trying to come up with something

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                            Love them Max and MR
                            Thank you.... having an extra day off turned into something of a GIMPing session

Okay so I had a go at lightening my McKay banner and now have two colour versions, which one do you guys prefer??

sigpic

Comment

MR, I actually quite like the one with the red in it!

Comment

MR, I actually quite like the one with the red in it!
                                That's actually the same scratchy texture from the other one, just moved around a bit I use that one a lot
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X