No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Bay. I'll bookmark that for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Way ahead of you - realised it was missing and popped it in Sorry
      Yeah, I'm always the forgotten one.

I noticed it enough to file away the link Thanks
      Oh...

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
      Sorry this took a moment. The tut Jade gave us also taught how to create a brush and other things as well so I had to create my own instructions.

So this is how I create a border/glow/halo with text... have also used it for lines, borders and images. Experimenting with the original tut is how I figured out the text part.

For Gimp
      Spoiler:
      Right click on your text layer and in that menu pick Alpha to Selection – this will put a dotted line around your words.

From Select at the top of the page (it goes – File, Edit, Select across the top) pick Grow… I usually grow by 1 or 2

From the top of the page pick LayerNew Layer. (make sure you have it set for Transparency)

Move the new transparent layer below the text layer and make sure it is your selected (highlighted) layer.

Now I pick the paint brush and pick the largest circle (and I tend to push it up to a 10.0 for good measure) Make sure that the color is set to be the color you want.

Paint your text and as you do you will see it outline your text in the color you selected.

When done painting, from the Select menu at the top of the page again, pick None.

Now your text has an outline. If you want to have it be blurred or have the glow/halo effect then…

From the Filters menu at the top of the page pick Blur, Gaussian blur. I typically .change the values to 10px for both Horizontal and vertical fields.

Just ask if you have any questions.
      That is exactly how I do it.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      RiG, I've got the link - it's saved on the thread's delicious page now too
      Ah. Okay.

Sorry guys. I'm not having a good day today. My emotions are all over the place. And everyone did a great job on the challenge this week.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Yay! So excited for our first tutorial week!

By the way, I'll save all the tutorials that are shared during the week here, if you want to find them without going back through the thread
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          Yeah, I'm always the forgotten one.

Oh...
          I forgot one of Sy's too, and she forgot to send me one of hers, so don't take it personally - blame it on my lack of brain cells

That is exactly how I do it.

Ah. Okay.

Sorry guys. I'm not having a good day today. My emotions are all over the place. And everyone did a great job on the challenge this week.
          *hugs* We all have days like that

Comment

Hey, everyone. I'm looking forward to all the tutorials this week.

This wallie was made with this tutorial by Jeyla4ever. It's not really an entry since it's not one of the tuts for this week, but I couldn't get it out of my head. And I tweaked it for my own evil purposes.

Comment

Awesome wp
              On the edge of breaking down
              sigpic
              Banner made by me

Comment

Thank you. I woke up today remembering it from my search for tuts and had to make it. Of course, it's Carson whereas the original was John/Teyla. But I'm incredibly satisfied.

Comment

My art work....first time poster long time reader here.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

I can't follow Tuts to save my life *shrugs* all my art is free range
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                      http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...eslen_time.jpg
                      What a wonderful first post here! Welcome to the thread!

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                      I usually "free hand" my art, but I like using tutorials. I find the best textures that way.

Comment

Tried and failed to do so .... Don't have a long enough attention span
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

It really depends for me. I use GIMP, but I love using PS tutorials for stuff. I'm strange that way.

Comment

Yea I have ps but I'm terrible when it comes to following directions
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                              Hey, everyone. I'm looking forward to all the tutorials this week.

This wallie was made with this tutorial by Jeyla4ever. It's not really an entry since it's not one of the tuts for this week, but I couldn't get it out of my head. And I tweaked it for my own evil purposes.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j452/ladygris4700/Gimped%20Images/Carson/th_CarsonAngelsWallie.jpg
                              It counts as a tutorial shared Thanks!

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                              http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...eslen_time.jpg
                              Welcome! And lovely work! If you PM it to Jumble she can edit it into the challenge post

You don't need to follow tuts exactly step-by-step - often you can use one as a starting point, or to get ideas, and then go off at a bit of a tangent. That's what I usually end up doing, tbh If you make something either inspired by or following a tutorial which is shared this week then it counts for the Tutorial Week

Quick housekeeping type reminder
                              Please make sure that all art posted here is under 100KB in size. If it's over that, or a large piece like a wallpaper, then post it as a thumbnail. Apparently several of the entries to the Time challenge were oversize, and it's a pain for us to have to resize them down when we come to do the post. Plus you might get modded if you post something that's too large. If you're not sure how to reduce the filesize of your artwork, shout and we can tell you

Thanks everyone!
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                                What a wonderful first post here! Welcome to the thread!

I usually "free hand" my art, but I like using tutorials. I find the best textures that way.
                                Why thank you

I am with you....or i wanna do something different half way through. I do like the texture one can get with them.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X