Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    I've not had much inspiration this week so haven't gotten a challenge entry together. I did do a couple of pieces for dA
    Unicorn Trainer (challenge was using the fairy)
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/General%20Art/th_UnicornTrainerI.jpg
    Morning Arrives (challenge was romance)
    [http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/General%20Art/th_MorningArrives.jpg
    Comfort for the Blue Fairy (challenge was using the fairy)
    [IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/General%20Art/th_ComfortfortheBlueFairyIV.jpg
    I really like the Winter wonderlands you created but I have a soft spot for the middle one: secretly I'm a romantic.

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
    It could be, I found the stock in one of my stock folders. Just looked where I think I found the zip but it's no longer there...

but here is the stock:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/Stocks%20used%20for%20Artwork/th_05-tumblr_ksd5x8GOM51qzjlwso1_500_large.jpg
    Well, it sure looks like it
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I've been playing with photoshop this morning and came up with these two sigs. One I like and the other I'm not sure about.

sigpic
      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Banner by Madness Reigns

Challenge 61

Many pics

Ikorni

Estrela

Rocket Scientist

maneth

yamiinsane

Jumble

Hyndara

sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

scifan

ladygris

Josiane

RodneyisGodney

Sarai

Last edited by josiane; 01 February 2013, 12:31 PM. Reason: Sneakily sneaking in Sarai's ;)
          sigpic

Comment

Banner by Nolamom

Tutorial Week 18

This week is Tutorial Week. For the first week every month, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials. There've been lots of fantastic tuts shared the last couple of weeks so there's no shortage of things to try!

This is how it works:

1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

Please PM your entries (both your original tutorial and any art you make following a tutorial this week) to Jumble
            sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous arties, everyone!

yami, love your two new sigs! The Loki one is beautiful in its simplicity, but the River Song one. . . .the stock images make that one!

Comment

yamii, the sigs are both great! I especially love the effect with the font on the second one (River Song).
                About the former "stock"-discussion. That IS Neu Schwanstein. It's an awesome and breathtaking place I love from the bottom of my heart. Back in my childhooddays I was there on a visit. I think that was the start of my interest in fantasy. It's such a fairytale-like place.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Thank you lg and Hyn I had put all the stocks together and then sat for a few minutes going through all the images I had trying to find the right one for it. Plus that pic of River gave me the opportunity to use a new filter that I found. Hyn, I would have to reopen Photoshop to give you the info needed to tell you what I did to make her name look like that.
                  sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                    Thank you lg and Hyn I had put all the stocks together and then sat for a few minutes going through all the images I had trying to find the right one for it. Plus that pic of River gave me the opportunity to use a new filter that I found. Hyn, I would have to reopen Photoshop to give you the info needed to tell you what I did to make her name look like that.
                    It's okay. It would be a challenge again to figure out how this effect would appear in Gimp. So ... it's fine with me

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                    Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic
                    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Sci thanks so much for posting those textures, love that style, really striking but pretty at the same time

Great challenge entries everyone, lovely to see some really diverse ways of fitting in multiple pics

Totally forgot to PM mine to Josi

Comment

Amazing artwork this week everyone!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Woohoo for sneaking! Thanks Josi

Comment

Great stuff everyone. Really like the River Song piece.

Thanks everyone for the generous comments.

Tutorials...hmmmm....
                            sigpic

Comment

Yami, very pretty!

And Hyndara, it's time for you to load your tutorials now!
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Hey, everyone.

There is about only one good thing about being sick....maybe two.

1. Family is so sweet and loving and wants to make you feel better.

2. PS time.

New set, made from this tut on Shadowplay.....

Comment

Working...
                                X