No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make a very large canvas in black, paste the nebula image on it, mask it and blend the edges out gradually to be nonexistant
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      I have failed ....I spent hours on that.. *cries*

It's an attempt at the Horsehead Nebula..
      Well, that explains it. I don't know anything about cosmology. (Is that the right one?)
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

PH - try building on this one

I made a mosiac of a wide shot, added on to the edges

Hmmm...I think I like this version better and it's bigger
        Last edited by Nolamom; 16 January 2013, 05:11 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Has anyone tried out Adobe Illustrator yet? I downloaded the version from Nolamom's website and so far, I've only managed to make some sense of the Live trace tool!
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

nope. I have a disk for it - I think it's a trial version - but I've never tried it at all.

I got Acrobat 8 Pro from that download site, since I already have a newer version of PS. I wanted to be able to edit pdf files
            sigpic

Comment

The tools look sort of different and it's so different from Photoshop. Nola, I always assumed you drew the fantastic Gifs on illustrator!
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

nope - Photoshop. It's really easy once you get the hang of it. I guess that's why I'm so addicted to them
                sigpic

Comment

RiG, you confused me with your JR/The Bourne Legacy - I thought you meant the actor that played Martouf in SG1, J.R. Bourne

Maybe I should wake up before logging in

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                    Has anyone tried out Adobe Illustrator yet? I downloaded the version from Nolamom's website and so far, I've only managed to make some sense of the Live trace tool!
                    I use it every day at work - I'm sure you know it's a vector based editing program so if you want to make sigs, wallies etc. you're better off in PS. But if you're looking to experiment with some fonts or make logos/patterns that need to be scaled up to the enth degree without losing any quality that's where you'll find the benefit.

As for learning - the tools look similar to PS but it couldn't be more different! IMO it's harder to learn once you know PS because you have to sort of unlearn everything you know about PS and start afresh

Hope that helps!
                    Last edited by Sarai; 17 January 2013, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      I used it every day at work - I'm sure you know it's a vector based editing program so if you want to make sigs, wallies etc. you're better off in PS. But if you're looking to experiment with some fonts or make logos/patterns that need to be scaled up to the enth degree without losing any quality that's where you'll find the benefit.

As for learning - the tools look similar to PS but it couldn't be more different! IMO it's harder to learn once you know PS because you have to sort of unlearn everything you know about PS and start afresh

Hope that helps!
                      Thanks Sarai! I'm finding it really hard to learn it actually and going through tutorials don't always make sense! And the funny thing is that I can't draw to save my life so I'm wondering why I'm actually doing it!
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

And again I played a little with my Gabriel

Comment

Cool!
                          sigpic

Comment

So many awesome bookmarks, way to go everyone! RiG, I especially love that one with the picture right at the bottom, very effectively done

The muse is not cooperating for me this week though This is all I've managed from several abortive attempts

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            Thanks, Sarai. Are the tuts there also listed on this master list? I'd be glad to look through some of them!
                            Yep, there's loads of tuts linked on the master list

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            I have failed ....I spent hours on that.. *cries*

It's an attempt at the Horsehead Nebula..
                            I recognised it! Awesome
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Last 2 for the night.... I think I should really stop. Again... Awesome job everyone.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps0e589f60.jpg http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...psae8a6a06.jpg

G'night everyone.

PS: Tiva bookmark
                              Spoiler:
                              Top pic for Tiva is actually 2 pics mashed together. It was two different shots in the same area.
                              Love the Tiva one!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              So many awesome bookmarks, way to go everyone! RiG, I especially love that one with the picture right at the bottom, very effectively done

The muse is not cooperating for me this week though This is all I've managed from several abortive attempts

Yep, there's loads of tuts linked on the master list

I recognised it! Awesome
                              I like it!
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Josiane, I love it! Can't go wrong with RDA as your model!
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X