Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because federal dollars come with federal purse strings.

I'd rather see local control of schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Go away with your so called "facts" FH....................
      But.... but...

They're interesting.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
        War makes them think faster and produce better products
        And ones less likely to need recall after recall after recall.. Heck with how many Millions of cars have been recalled over the past 3-4 years, i can't see how any of those car manufacturers can still be turning such a profit as they are..

Comment

Simple. The car manufacturers require their dealers (who are independent businesses) to pick up a substantial portion of the cost of a recall, in the form of low reimbursement rates and such.

Or at least that's the way it was at the dealerships I worked in back in the 80's.

Comment

Different topic. Drug Injecting Rooms / Consumption Rooms.

I don't agree.

In Sydney for example they have injecting rooms where people can come in and inject their drugs and stuff in a safe comfy environment.

Oh and those nice social engineers now want drug consumption rooms added to the mix.

Doesn't this say "it's ok take your drugs and stay addicted?"

Shouldn't we be trying to get people off drugs?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

So the dealerships get screwed over while the makers get to laugh all the way to the bank?? Man that's Flubbed up.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                So the dealerships get screwed over while the makers get to laugh all the way to the bank?? Man that's Flubbed up.
                And dealer of course, passes some of the loss to their mechanics, who make lower rate on factory warranty work than they do on straight cash repair jobs.

I have no idea if it is still done this way, but it used to be. One of the reasons I decided I didn't want to work for a dealer back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  In Sydney for example they have injecting rooms where people can come in and inject their drugs and stuff in a safe comfy environment.
                  It's a simple matter of clean needles vs dirty needles. Isn't it better to provide them with clean needles than to allow them to re-use old ones and spread knows what diseases around (HIV, Hepatitis A/B/C, ...).

Yes, it's better to offer them a way to get clean but perhaps at the same time as offering them a safe environment to shoot up they are offered choices to follow programs.

Oh and those nice social engineers now want drug consumption rooms added to the mix.

Doesn't this say "it's ok take your drugs and stay addicted?"

Shouldn't we be trying to get people off drugs?
                  It's always better to get people clean but you know as well as I do that's a utopia.
                  Addiction are harder to get rid off when one doesn't have a goal in mind to work towards. If you've got nothing to pull you away from it, then leaving it is harder to do, even if it kills you in the end (a premature death).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

It's always better to get people clean but you know as well as I do that's a utopia.
                    Addiction are harder to get rid off when one doesn't have a goal in mind to work towards. If you've got nothing to pull you away from it, then leaving it is harder to do, even if it kills you in the end (a premature death).
                    Oh death, that's nothing.

Science has that one covered.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/hea...a4324eaeff50bf

Comment

Even if that pans out, you and I will never see it. Only the mega-rich and powerful will have access to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        Even if that pans out, you and I will never see it. Only the mega-rich and powerful will have access to it.
                        on the other hand I suppose killing them would be fun (you'd be taking not a century or so of life, but a potentially eternal life from them)
                        Last edited by SoulReaver; 06 May 2016, 08:58 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          on the other hand I suppose killing them would be much more fun (you'd be taking not a century or so of life, but a potentially eternal life from them)

Well if that's what you believe......

I am not sold on this being true in any way, shape, or form.

For one thing how can they jump straight to human trials? Where's the previous animal testing or such?

Comment

I suppose, if you're the type that considers killing to be fun.

Comment

killing innocents is never fun

Comment

Oh death, that's nothing.

Science has that one covered.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/hea...a4324eaeff50bf
                                Ladies, read the article before you start making assumptions.

It's a possible therapy for those who suffered a sever brain injury which has left them clinically dead, patients who are on life support as that is the only thing keeping them alive.

Which I think is a good thing to try to reverse. However, seeing as how there already is a shortage of donors on the market, I can't see how this would fix that issue unless there would be a time constraint. If after a time period there is no reversal of the situation, the patient will still be taken off life support and become a possible donor.

Everyone's a donor unless you have noted down your objections.
                                Perhaps it's best to find a way to fix the donor-list problem at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X