This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    In my view, if the government requires the ID, the government ought to pay for it, period. We already have national ID's in the form of Social Security cards anyway. Why not just issue a durable ID card at the federal level, and the individual states can add "endorsements", such as driver's licenses, weapon permits and other things of that nature. The basic ID card would be free, but the states could continue to charge whatever for the endorsements.
    Our ID cards have a chip - we call 'em e-ID's. And this what they look like (no, not mine).

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Oh look, I have the RNC on in the background, and we got Bengazhi and Emails..........
    what a shocker

They had two security CIA agents or whatever saying they were given the order not to interfere -- that order, however, was never given. They must have misheard.

Oh great, now it's Ben Carson, in god we trust, founding fathers, Saul Alinsky, FF were Christian...............
    Why do I do this to myself
    Because you like pain?

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I'll get forum bashed here for saying this but from what I've seen most Muslims Christians mind their own business as a whole, but the die hards do not like the Western way of life and hate that we have freedom and liberty and want equal rights... The die hards just hate that. How do you fix that lefties righties?
    There fixed.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    And what's the percentage of everyone's paycheck that gets taken in taxes to pay for all that??
    I honestly have no idea.

The Flemish Government has a page dedicated to explaining what schools have a right to for material, expansion, trips, and the likes.

Scholarships are only given to children whose parents earn less than 17,000 euro per year, and can be granted from the moment the children start going to school at the age of 2,5yo.

And how big would said ID need to be for all those endorsements??
    Chips can hold quite a substantial amount of information.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Free speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever the hell you want, especially in a public place, or online....

https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarz...N9d#.psdRqVYwr

Well that is good news .... Now will Twitter close all the other accounts of other users that do the same thing?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

See I kind of agree. I'll get forum bashed here for saying this but from what I've seen most muslims mnd their own business as a whole, but the die hards do not like the Western way of life and hate that we have freedom and liberty... The die hards just hate that. How do you fix that lefties?
        Last time i checked, "the western way of life" is something the westerns can't even agree on. (e.g. abortion laws, gun laws, sexuality & race issues). if we can't even agree among ourselves, how do we even start convincing others? We're just gonna nuke ourselves back to the stone age?

Comment

See I kind of agree. I'll get forum bashed here for saying this but from what I've seen most muslims mnd their own business as a whole, but the die hards do not like the Western way of life and hate that we have freedom and liberty... The die hards just hate that. How do you fix that lefties?
          and islam's far more right- than left-wing, how do you explain that righties?

Comment

Turkish navy ships still missing after botched coup

Fourteen Turkish navy ships remained at sea and unaccounted for last night amid concerns that their commanders may be coup conspirators seeking to defect.

Admiral Veysel Kosele, the commander of the Turkish navy, has been out of contact since Friday night’s botched coup, a source confirmed. It is not known whether he was an instigator of the attempt to oust President Erdogan or is being held hostage by collaborators on the run.

Last night the president said that he was almost assassinated when the resort in southwest Turkey where he was staying was stormed and two of his bodyguards killed.
            Last edited by Womble; 20 July 2016, 09:49 AM.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              and islam's far more right- than left-wing, how do you explain that righties?
              Definitional cretinism of those making the above proclamation. Islam does not fit the Western definitions of right vs. left.

But since you've raised the issue, answer me this: if we take an honest look at the political background of Western converts to Islam, who do you believe is the most common case of such conversion- people with right-wing beliefs or people with left-wing ones?
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                Definitional cretinism of those making the above proclamation. Islam does not fit the Western definitions of right vs. left.

But since you've raised the issue, answer me this: if we take an honest look at the political background of Western converts to Islam, who do you believe is the most common case of such conversion- people with right-wing beliefs or people with left-wing ones?
                some inconvenient truths are a nasty jab hehe. how's that for cretinism: being the first to take the bait. now pick one: an "honest look" or a look at the converts' claimed political background?
                that cretins don't understand what they're dealing with & getting themselves into (no more than they understand their own political parties) doesn't change sh. it's like blue collar workers voting for Trump - or do you also think Trump will favour the common folk gullible enough to vote for him? likewise do you think Isis treat their new western converts with respect?
                or do you call them "lefties" just because they tend to support immigration? (all matters of social & economic interior policy be damned. details)
                "Islam does not fit the Western definitions..." ...and what does that change when judging them by western standards
                but hey let's use the same inane logic & proclaim that westerners shouldn't criticize the terrorists for their actions 'cause you know, them islamists ain't evil they're just applying their own moral standards & we shouldn't be so intolerant

almost forgot -
                dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3686263/Trump-said-Obama-Clinton-dream-ticket-praised-Saudi-Arabia-s-sharia-law-string-newly-unearthed-radio-clips.html
                njoy
                Last edited by SoulReaver; 20 July 2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

though now that you mention it: not for the sake of "honesty" but for argument's sake, if you do have stats on the political leanings of western converts, do share cause I'm quite curious now. including about the sources of said stats
                  (if perchance any of them are on the left then good riddance; the left's better off without them)

Comment

You cannot "fix" that by any means but re-education and waiting for the zealotry to die off.
                    Bombing them "back to the stone age" will not help, all it will do is create more zealots.

I don't know why you thought you would get bashed for having the ability to not lump "all Muslims" together though.
                    Heck, in many ways they are still BACK in the stone ages already!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Our ID cards have a chip - we call 'em e-ID's. And this what they look like (no, not mine).
                    Kind of like the Current Military cards are... The Chip not only contains all the relevant into but has some 'certificates' on that verify you are who you are when you log in...

Because you like pain?
                    I always thought he was a masochist..

I honestly have no idea.
                    I wouldn't be shocked to see it being close to 45% of your overall paychecks..

Chips can hold quite a substantial amount of information.
                    I was thinking they were more like older type ID's with a stamp for those 'endorsements'..

Free speech doesn't mean that you can say whatever the hell you want, especially in a public place, or online....

https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarz...N9d#.psdRqVYwr

Well that is good news .... Now will Twitter close all the other accounts of other users that do the same thing?
                    I would love to know that answer too? I have seen almost as bad stuff coming from left wing posters..

Comment

Tried your link Garhkal, all i got was a cute kitty, cant find page
                      sigpic

Comment

Free speech and Terms of Service are two different things -- it seems a lot of twitter users seem to forget there's a distinction.

In a way ToS are limiting the FS -- you could argue.

I've seen a couple of those tweets on Leslie Jones' feed and he was definitely breaking the ToS of Twitter, and so were a lot of his followers, of which a lot were suspended/banned along with him.

I sincerely hope Twitter continues to provide a way to block or suspend or ban multiple abusers of the ToS. Cause occasionally, there are some nasty stuff going around.

Oh, I thought they had at least located two of them in Greek waters. Must have been a false alarm.

In the meantime, Erdogan continues the "cleansing" of his country and he has declared a 3-month state of emergency. More power to him.

I gotta give it to him: Well played! Well played!

Kind of like the Current Military cards are... The Chip not only contains all the relevant into but has some 'certificates' on that verify you are who you are when you log in...
                        Indeed, when I work at home I need my ID card to log into the network. Multiple uses.

I wouldn't be shocked to see it being close to 45% of your overall paychecks..
                        It's not.
                        It's less than that.

Found some numbers -- wasn't asking the right questions this afternoon. Tried different search words and here it is:

Budget for Education in Flanders in 2013: 10.750.000.000 euro (11.877.700.000 dollar) which amounts to 38.92% of the Flemish estimate.

Primary education (2,5 yo to 12 yo) got 3.630.000.000 euro (4.010.790.000 dollar)
                        Secondary education (13yo to 18 yo) got 4.140.000.000 euro (4.574.290.000 dollar)
                        Higher education (university/college) (19yo to 25+) got 1.680.000.000 euro (1.856.230.000 dollar)
                        Schools offering evening classes got 400.000.000 euro (441.960.000 dollar)
                        Part-time artschools got 200.000.000 euro (220.980.000 dollar)
                        Other educational projects not part of any of the above, got 700.000.000 euro (773.430.000).

And then I also found this...

Found a blog, written by a bio-engineer who calculated the cost of his education in comparison to his 6 months research in the US. His entire education, from kindergarten all the way through university, cost approximately 200.000 dollar.

His 6-month research stint will cost the state approximately 19.200 dollar, which is 200 dollar more than the 19.000 dollar spend on his 6 years at university (including 2 years living in a small studio near to the university).

And as far as the loss on my paycheck goes: I earn roughly 1959,37 euro (2,164.91 dollar) per month of which I receive 1585,05 euro (1,751.32 dollar) in my account. That which I loose goes to the state.
                        I can't complain.

Comment

Free speech and Terms of Service are two different things -- it seems a lot of twitter users seem to forget there's a distinction.

But thing is, in the case of Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media, it is not the government which is limiting speech. These are privately owned networks and you use them with the permission of the operators, and you have to abide by whatever rules they set. Their Ball, Bat & Backyard. Their rules.

Comment

This is what I said about us here playing in Darren and David's backyard.
                            I've seen a couple of those tweets on Leslie Jones' feed and he was definitely breaking the ToS of Twitter, and so were a lot of his followers, of which a lot were suspended/banned along with him.

I sincerely hope Twitter continues to provide a way to block or suspend or ban multiple abusers of the ToS. Cause occasionally, there are some nasty stuff going around.
                            Twitter is a cesspool, much like Youtube comments for the most part.

Indeed, when I work at home I need my ID card to log into the network. Multiple uses.
                            I could be mis-remembering here, but even the Social Security number is being "misused" legally in the US for identification purposes.

It's not.
                            It's less than that.

Found some numbers -- wasn't asking the right questions this afternoon. Tried different search words and here it is:

Budget for Education in Flanders in 2013: 10.750.000.000 euro (11.877.700.000 dollar) which amounts to 38.92% of the Flemish estimate.

Primary education (2,5 yo to 12 yo) got 3.630.000.000 euro (4.010.790.000 dollar)
                            Secondary education (13yo to 18 yo) got 4.140.000.000 euro (4.574.290.000 dollar)
                            Higher education (university/college) (19yo to 25+) got 1.680.000.000 euro (1.856.230.000 dollar)
                            Schools offering evening classes got 400.000.000 euro (441.960.000 dollar)
                            Part-time artschools got 200.000.000 euro (220.980.000 dollar)
                            Other educational projects not part of any of the above, got 700.000.000 euro (773.430.000).

And then I also found this...

Found a blog, written by a bio-engineer who calculated the cost of his education in comparison to his 6 months research in the US. His entire education, from kindergarten all the way through university, cost approximately 200.000 dollar.

His 6-month research stint will cost the state approximately 19.200 dollar, which is 200 dollar more than the 19.000 dollar spend on his 6 years at university (including 2 years living in a small studio near to the university).

And as far as the loss on my paycheck goes: I earn roughly 1959,37 euro (2,164.91 dollar) per month of which I receive 1585,05 euro (1,751.32 dollar) in my account. That which I loose goes to the state.
                            I can't complain.
                            To Be fair to Garhkal, I strongly suspect that his 45% figure comes from one of two sources. Either your highest tax rate, OR how much you pay in tax that is not based purely of income tax, so sales tax etc.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

To Be fair to Garhkal, I strongly suspect that his 45% figure comes from one of two sources. Either your highest tax rate, OR how much you pay in tax that is not based purely of income tax, so sales tax etc.
                              In which case he's off by 5% cause we have a tax-rate of about 50% total taxes. Belgium is probably one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world.

Comment

In which case he's off by 5% cause we have a tax-rate of about 50% total taxes. Belgium is probably one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world.
                                Yes you are
                                what you get for it though................
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X