This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    DUI is criminal bc you can endanger other ppl's lives but having guns in a bar is fine.

Another episode of Only in 'murica.
    it is just PA and a few other states (and Philly and I believe Pittsburgh has far different firearms laws then the rest of the state)

but---thankfully--most people do believe it IS illegal to carry in a bar, so there's ignorance doing good for a change

Comment

there is little room to argue that Israel is not a European colony.

the few remaining actual Hebrew people in israel- natives of the area- have been ostracized and treated as inferior by the nation since its inception

Jewsih hebrews and arab christians and muslims used to get along just fine before the zionist settlement

the wars Israel has fought, they have often been the aggressor. and when cease fires were agreed to, Israel ignored them to grab more land (idf invasion of Egypt proper by crossing Suez canal in 73)

they have started wars that have destabilized neighboring nations, and the entire region, by displacing native peoples (idf invasion of Lebanon)

their current practice of wall building to segregate their society is outrageous and, if it were done in any other nation, the outcry would be tremendous.

the manner in which the military responds to non deadly force with deadly force is also a issue. people shot dead for throwing rocks.

and the policy of bulldozing the homes of the families of enemy combatants/terrorists (like the grandparents home where the person did not even live at) is nothing but medieval styled "to the third generation" revenge

the burial of enemy/terrorist/demonstrator bodies in unmarked locations is also wrong and may be illegal per international law

the excuse given for the treatment of Ethiopians is ridiculous. "they dont speak the language" is a phrase often used by Americans regarding immigrants, and a phrase those americans are,rightly, condemned for using.

but it seems for things that the world cries foul about and done in other nations; unbalanced response in war, apartheid like living conditions/intra-national border crossings/ govt allowed racism and official policies based on religious beliefs = all of these would get any other nation labeled as a criminal state

but not israel

and, this is not "anti antisemitism" or racism, it is anti Israel. and, one cannot be "racist (dumb word, there is only one race)" against a religious group.

Comment

Oh, more poop.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
          there is little room to argue that Israel is not a European colony.

the few remaining actual Hebrew people in israel- natives of the area- have been ostracized and treated as inferior by the nation since its inception

Jewsih hebrews and arab christians and muslims used to get along just fine before the zionist settlement

the wars Israel has fought, they have often been the aggressor. and when cease fires were agreed to, Israel ignored them to grab more land (idf invasion of Egypt proper by crossing Suez canal in 73)

they have started wars that have destabilized neighboring nations, and the entire region, by displacing native peoples (idf invasion of Lebanon)

their current practice of wall building to segregate their society is outrageous and, if it were done in any other nation, the outcry would be tremendous.

the manner in which the military responds to non deadly force with deadly force is also a issue. people shot dead for throwing rocks.

and the policy of bulldozing the homes of the families of enemy combatants/terrorists (like the grandparents home where the person did not even live at) is nothing but medieval styled "to the third generation" revenge

the burial of enemy/terrorist/demonstrator bodies in unmarked locations is also wrong and may be illegal per international law

the excuse given for the treatment of Ethiopians is ridiculous. "they dont speak the language" is a phrase often used by Americans regarding immigrants, and a phrase those americans are,rightly, condemned for using.

but it seems for things that the world cries foul about and done in other nations; unbalanced response in war, apartheid like living conditions/intra-national border crossings/ govt allowed racism and official policies based on religious beliefs = all of these would get any other nation labeled as a criminal state

but not israel

and, this is not "anti antisemitism" or racism, it is anti Israel. and, one cannot be "racist (dumb word, there is only one race)" against a religious group.
          During the 1960's, it was a regular weekly occurrance of seeing Jewish Israeli's being bombed from simply eating at a restuarant or pizza place. Normal, daily activities when they weren't bothering anyone, and they got blown up for no reason. They were NOT the agressors.

I had a classmate who moved to the USA (as a legal immigrant citizen) in the 1970's to get away from the violence and high cost of living in Israel. She was Jewish. Her family was limited with less than 50 pounds of luggage each, and that was to start a new life in the USA. Her new USA home was nearly barren of furniture, because they had to leave everything behind in Israel. So, I got to hear a lot of first hand info from her about life back in Israel. It didn't make me want to visit there (not in this lifetime), even if many American Christians dream of visiting "the Holy Lands".

Try seeing life from the Jewish Israeli "residents" side who are under constant threat of violence. They simply want to live in the land their ancient forefathers were promised thru the lineage of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The rest of the world disagrees for a variety of reasons, which have been discussed in many GW political and religious topics in great detail(s), too.

Wait til events get even more heated up in 2021 (big surprise event from the "religious" side... peaceful in nature, which the entire world will see and probably *yawn* instead of reacting in awe). I'm tracking it in my "Earth's future..." topic instead of here. Just dropping a hint here for the moment... It does have very strong political implications, which is what the whole fighting over Jerusalem is about in part, but that's because the rest of the world is resisting any or most efforts reaching this particular goal (cooperative harmony between and with the 3 main religions on Mount Moriah).

Womble might be able to track it in "real-time" when the events manifest themselves more physically... I'm tracking the info thru the Temple Institute's administrative team. Awesome stuff coming up!!

Comment

...but it seems for things that the world cries foul about and done in other nations; unbalanced response in war, apartheid like living conditions/intra-national border crossings/ govt allowed racism and official policies based on religious beliefs = all of these would get any other nation labeled as a criminal state

but not israel

Forgot to mention the following regarding the above--

Maybe not "racist" as mentioned, but (generic) you can be biased to the extreme hilt, even to the point of having excessive anger. I think it is how that anger is controlled that makes the difference.

There are some very fine lines between being extremely biased and simply full of hatred against a certain group of people. Bias often deals with certain attitudes, lifestyles, and actions, thereof. The other is just a simple hatred... just *because*. Both, often involve bullying by those who oppose the persons their "rejections" are about.

Sometimes, those bully-like behaviors become violent, and then when the targeted victims try to defend themselves (such as building walls to keep out the agressors), they get harrassed and chastised to ad-infintum, instead of left alone to live in peace.

This world, as far as I've seen it, will never live in true peace and harmony, because there will always be someone or some groups out there to disrupt and wreck havoc into achieving a genuine goal of HOPE for ALL people everywhere.

Comment

You are killing me with those cliffhangers SG!
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

israel would be perfectly acceptable for me if they would abandon their current methods and become a nation based firmly in secularism

a non jewish person cannot even volunteer for programs in israel unless they sign a form saying they will not talk about their religion in front of jews

hardly freedom

can a non jew be the PM of Israel? Does the idf still insist that non jewish, israeli citizens who serve in the IDF have to serve in segregated units? if america or any other western nation did this, you would all be in a huff over it

go ahead support Israeli govt policies all you want, just dont say a damned thing when ever any other nation does the same things that they do

and this gem of inclusiveness:

"Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is drawing criticism for saying that Israel is "the national state, not of all its citizens, but only of the Jewish people." The comment prompted many people — including Israel's president and the star of Wonder Woman — to defend Israel's Palestinian Arab minority."

from: https://www.npr.org/2019/03/11/70226...and-them-alone

Comment

it is just PA and a few other states (and Philly and I believe Pittsburgh has far different firearms laws then the rest of the state)

but---thankfully--most people do believe it IS illegal to carry in a bar, so there's ignorance doing good for a change
                  Bars can forbid these things themselves.

israel would be perfectly acceptable for me if they would abandon their current methods and become a nation based firmly in secularism

a non jewish person cannot even volunteer for programs in israel unless they sign a form saying they will not talk about their religion in front of jews

hardly freedom

can a non jew be the PM of Israel? Does the idf still insist that non jewish, israeli citizens who serve in the IDF have to serve in segregated units? if america or any other western nation did this, you would all be in a huff over it

go ahead support Israeli govt policies all you want, just dont say a damned thing when ever any other nation does the same things that they do

"Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is drawing criticism for saying that Israel is "the national state, not of all its citizens, but only of the Jewish people." The comment prompted many people — including Israel's president and the star of Wonder Woman — to defend Israel's Palestinian Arab minority."

Considering that non-Jews make up the legislative body and it's a parliamentary system and the US.....And Non-Jews do serve on the IDF, in fact it is illegal to dissuade non-Jews from joining the IDF. And so on. But yeah, Bibi et al are fairly nasty, to use El Presidente's words (although he really only uses that phrase for women).
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

hardly freedom

There used to be a time when I would do a point-by-point demolition of posts like that. It's not hard. But I'm honestly done with cleaning up the poop random haters throw around while they run off to get more poop.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      There used to be a time when I would do a point-by-point demolition of posts like that. It's not hard. But I'm honestly done with cleaning up the poop random haters throw around while they run off to get more poop.
                      Why? It's not like he was just trash talking he did give some points, and honestly some are totally valid.

Sorry but if you don't feel like commenting just don't, I don't think saying his post is complete garbage is justified.
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

So Trump in his own words has said in the past that he won't leave office if he loses the next election.

Does any of you trumpsters on here think that is the mark of a good leader?

Also he wants to extend his term of office which isn't even allowed in the constitution now is it?

I'd love an explanation for this.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

firearms are tools and should be treated as such

i never got the ppl who buy them and worship them as if they are some magical item

Because there's a lot of festish going on there and guns are a kind of fetish for some people.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            Why? It's not like he was just trash talking he did give some points, and honestly some are totally valid.

Sorry but if you don't feel like commenting just don't, I don't think saying his post is complete garbage is justified.
                            Uh, he WAS just trash talking.

Like I said, I don't want to engage with poop flingers, there's no point. He is a cliche machine, regurgitating stuff he finds in whatever internet trash heaps he lurks at. If I shake that tree, a lot of anti-Semitic stuff is sure to fall out; I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that he'd be ranting about the Khazars a few posts from now. He actually already indicated that, if applied to any other group, his opinion would be classified as racist but since "Jews are not a race", he feels he has found a loophole.

I am okay engaging with you, or Tood, on issues of substance. Tell me which of his... points seem valid to you, and I'll respond (within my very limited available free time). This new guy? I'll just point and laugh.

Comment

hardly freedom

That's the thing, though. Due to that particular corner of the world's significance in most major religions (why is that? Wouldn't some have their origins elsewhere?) you will never see agreement, peace or even non-religious governments and societies in the region.

Put simply, that is a fight that isn't ever going to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                                I am okay engaging with you, or Tood, on issues of substance. Tell me which of his... points seem valid to you, and I'll respond (within my very limited available free time). This new guy? I'll just point and laugh.
                                Obviously most of his post is bait, I won't deny that. The only thing I can agree with is secularism of the state, which Benji clearly said Israel was pretty much for Jews alone.

Besides I read his post again and yes most of it seems like regurgitated edgy comments from some anti-israel guy. He previously said we only talk about the US and I guess he's got a bit of resent.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X