X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    He does love his pathos
    Indeed he does.
    I just wish he knew the difference between pathos and reality.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      unless the retirees are supporting themselves without taxpayer involvement...which was possible before the advent of SS
      Correct, it was the family involvement. Reality changes bro
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        This is the difference between conservatives and republicans.

They (republicans) like to tout that they fought for the ending of slavery (which republicans did do), yet they resist change now (a conservative view)
        Republicans can fight for change.
        Conservatives cannot.
        Excise the "conservative" out of the republican party, and you will get what Lincoln wanted, a party of progress.
        sigpic

Comment

actually it was largely because companies could afford decent retirement packages back then

Comment

Maybe those changes weren't such a good idea? "Progress" in the wrong direction, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Maybe those changes weren't such a good idea? "Progress" in the wrong direction, perhaps?
              Ok.
              You are ignorant, of your own generation.
              Go smoke a bong and protest Veitnam.
              Or did you enlist?
              sigpic

Comment

He had bone spurs too?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  He had bone spurs too?
                  Probably.

This the point I was trying to make with the Unas.
                  We forget, and we can't.
                  The "best generation" were bong smoking hippies, who did not believe in veitnam as a war.
                  Yet the people trying to avoid war in this generation are "lax cowards", yet his generation was given EVERYTHING to avoid it and better themselves.
                  What we live in now is the system THEY created, a self entitled pity party, and they are STILL running it and having tantrums.

It is the doom of men that we forget.

We all try to do the best by our children, and sometimes we fail
                  sigpic

Comment

AFAIK, they don't have a official proposal.

The real solution is cutting the cost, which has far outstripped the overall inflation rate.

I've given my suggestion for future students; take the bottomless pit of govt. money out of it, and market forces will drive the cost of secondary education down. The education industry can only charge the exorbitant rates they do because they know the govt. piggy bank is there. Take that away, and they will only be able to charge what their customers can afford.

Anything else is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

As for existing, they were legal adults when they signed on the dotted line of a legally binding contract. They are responsible for their debt, just as their predecessors were.
                    having recently graduated from 2 diff 'higher learning' institutions--all has a leech apparently (new GI bill and disabled vets vocational rehab)-- i saw and heard from several professors that all that money paid into school the professors--aka= those who do the actual work with students--most of it goes to staff positions not the teaching staff but the admin. it also goes to a fancy landscape and new dorm's. all the candy to attract fresh fish

the professors-even tenured ones, are in the bottom half of the the payroll when the full compliment of employees is looked at

so yes, like medical, the higher learning system in the US needs to be looked at for the costs--the 'education cost bubble' is going to burst. better it is a controlled burst then a chaotic one

Comment

Eh?
                      This makes no sense.
                      It's the teachers, but it's the system, but it's not fair on the teachers, so blame the system, but if I blame the teachers, there is less blowback on me, the person who created the system.
                      You people are nuts.
                      Convoluted arguments to dissipate responsibility.
                      "it wasn't MY fault, just the fault of the people I VOTED IN TO POWER"
                      Yeah, I get that logic...………..
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Probably.

This the point I was trying to make with the Unas.
                        We forget, and we can't.
                        The "best generation" were bong smoking hippies, who did not believe in veitnam as a war.
                        Yet the people trying to avoid war in this generation are "lax cowards", yet his generation was given EVERYTHING to avoid it and better themselves.
                        What we live in now is the system THEY created, a self entitled pity party, and they are STILL running it and having tantrums.

It is the doom of men that we forget.

We all try to do the best by our children, and sometimes we fail
                        I think you're confused. There was no "best generation". You're thinking of "The Greatest Generation", which was the one that caught WWII square in the teeth as they were growing up.

Comment

I think you're confused. There was no "best generation". You're thinking of "The Greatest Generation", which was the one that caught WWII square in the teeth as they were growing up.
                          Yeah, the one that gave you everything, because they lost everything.
                          But you got nothing for "free"
                          sigpic

Comment

Typical. Play the race & sexist cards.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...sexism-1326892

Kamala Harris used humor to swat aside the chatter about her becoming Joe Biden’s running mate: Maybe it should be the other way around, she said Wednesday, given Biden’s experience in the No. 2 job.

But inside her campaign and among allies, such talk is not a laughing matter. They're rankled by the suggestion, privately venting that it’s demeaning to a woman of color and perpetuates an unfair critique that she’s somehow not prepared for the job she’s actually seeking.

"It's infuriating," a Harris confidant fumed several days before the idea began taking hold in the media.

Since then, the chorus of Democrats sizing up her run and concluding she’d be perfect as Biden’s running mate has rapidly gone from whisper campaign to national narrative. They include some fans of the California senator: Last week, members of the influential Congressional Black Caucus floated Biden and Harris as a “dream ticket.” That put her in the uncomfortable spot of trying to delicately push back on it without offending the group, of which she’s a member.
                            It couldn't be because Biden's kicking your arse up one side and down the other in the polls, could it. Nope. Gotta be race or gender, doesn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              actually it was largely because companies could afford decent retirement packages back then
                              Actually, right before SS was a thing, no one could retire because...you know...the Great Depression. And even before that if you weren't white, you didn't enjoy anything from the roaring twenties. People often forget that America was only great to white people before the Civil Rights movement. In fact, it's how the economy was able to afford good wages for white families so that only the fathers needed to work. This wasn't the case for African American families and many Asian Americans. Theirs was a very different experience. Though, by the 1940s there was a growing number of Asian Americans making it into private ownership of businesses and good paying jobs....then came internment camps...

Typical. Play the race & sexist cards.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...sexism-1326892

It couldn't be because Biden's kicking your arse up one side and down the other in the polls, could it. Nope. Gotta be race or gender, doesn't it.
                              Pulling the race card and ignoring/denying racism when it is apparent are equally bad. However, you in your patented GOP hypocrisy ignores one while pointing out the other. In other words, this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

I'll get the hypocrisy bacon for aretood
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X