This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    To use a phrase from archeology. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. The absence of a statement does not mean that the opinion isn't held.
    Translation: Because we can't prove they were there doesn't mean they weren't.

Perhaps she should be more clear when speaking. But that wouldn't have the desired effect, would it?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Translation: Because we can't prove they were there doesn't mean they weren't.

Perhaps she should be more clear when speaking. But that wouldn't have the desired effect, would it?
      the "lefties" got what she was saying.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        the "lefties" got what she was saying.
        Assuming someone, particularly a politician (professional BS artist) means something they didn't actually say can lead to great disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Assuming someone, particularly a politician (professional BS artist) means something they didn't actually say can lead to great disappointment.
          She said that student debt is an issue, she put no constraints on the AGE of that student.
          Believing your flawed assumptions is just as stupid as blindly trusting a politician.
          Now, run along, the Fox moron Morning news coverage is about to start.
          sigpic

Comment

Let's flip this around, what do the Republicans propose to fix the students debt issue?
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              Let's flip this around, what do the Republicans propose to fix the students debt issue?
              Nothing, same way they have done since the 80's.
              sigpic

Comment

Not true. They will blame the millennials like they keep on doing and ignore the fact of how the world has changed since the 70s
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

AFAIK, they don't have a official proposal.

The real solution is cutting the cost, which has far outstripped the overall inflation rate.

I've given my suggestion for future students; take the bottomless pit of govt. money out of it, and market forces will drive the cost of secondary education down. The education industry can only charge the exorbitant rates they do because they know the govt. piggy bank is there. Take that away, and they will only be able to charge what their customers can afford.

Anything else is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

As for existing, they were legal adults when they signed on the dotted line of a legally binding contract. They are responsible for their debt, just as their predecessors were.

Comment

You might have your own ideas about it, fact is this proves once again that the Reps just promote status quo instead of actually fixing the problems. Shovel the manure elsewhere is their Moto.
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

You might have your own ideas about it, fact is this proves once again that the Reps just promote status quo instead of actually fixing the problems. Shovel the manure elsewhere is their Moto.
                      Excuse me? I'm "Shovel the manure elsewhere" right back where it came from. The education industry that has been far too greedy for far too long and the people who signed the loans in the first place.

Comment

A simplistic answer that absolves the rest of society who has contributed to the problem
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          A simplistic answer that absolves the rest of society who has contributed to the problem
                          Shush, Millennial. Go back to wishing you had bacon.

Comment

Typical Annoyed response to make ageism remarks to insult
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

One show of shadiness by not giving the Dems congressman the whole thing.
                              according to NPR- hardly a republican or right wing institution, any member of congress can go to a secured room and read the ENTIRE less redacted (sorry, but NO ONE except he president and those he deems (him or through the classifying authority) with a need to know can get info on everything just because they want it )report as Mueller wrote it, for themselves.

as of NPR's reporting of this last week, not one democrat has though several republicans have

a link from politico.com, on the same matter. no democrats go to read the report? why? oh yeah, no cameras so no stage for them to perform on. <<and before anyone starts with some silliness, i'd say (and have said) the same for the republicans when they have acted in a similar way >>

it is the dem's who are acting like children.

they should be focusing on how t beat trump in 2020, instead their actions in things like this only makes more americans hate them. they have no focus, and seemingly no concern, for those americans who voted for trump (i didn't btw)

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...dacted-1295105

Comment

That's why the US needs a true politician such as Bernie or AOC free of political cockblocks. Bernie's got his own team and all he just had to declare Democrat for bureaucracy sake lol.

Both sides are filled with careerist ghouls, as MG once said it's two sides of the same coin.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X