This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    You are good at shifting context, i'll give you that.
    you gone that far down that hole that you now disagree with those who agree?
    or is it just a comprehension problem?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      you gone that far down that hole that you now disagree with those who agree?
      or is it just a comprehension problem?
      I argue for being reasonable, you don't.
      Sorry.
      Left, right, both have idea's that can help, both have idea's that can hurt. This is the stupidity of polerization, and you are just as bad as annoyed on this issue.
      Democracy, at it's core is about co-operation with those that disagree and accepting what everyone can live with.
      What are you?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I argue for being reasonable, you don't.
        Sorry.
        Left, right, both have idea's that can help, both have idea's that can hurt. This is the stupidity of polerization, and you are just as bad as annoyed on this issue.
        Democracy, at it's core is about co-operation with those that disagree and accepting what everyone can live with.
        What are you?
        you do realize you were being just as 'polar' right? this time I was basically echoing what you said

Comment

No, not different story, same political rhetoric.
          People bought in to Mexico paying for the wall, they still do. If keeping your doctor is "bad rhetoric", then so is Mexico paying for your wall.

Jel get's his bacon, cause you just failed at making an argument.
          You give a pass on what you like, and give a fail on what affects you. How about NYS raises your state tax by 5% to pay for your wall?
          You want the wall, right?
          Pay for it.
          No, jel does not get his bacon.

I am perfectly willing to be taxed to pay for that wall, but that would be federal spending, not state. And no where near 5%. It's closer to a .03 percent raise in taxes.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ent-of-federa/

President Trump has proposed spending $18 billion over the next decade to construct a new and improved border wall between the U.S. and Mexico. While some lawmakers have criticized the both the cost and the plan, a new analysis reveals the expenditure is relatively small compared to other federal spending.

“That $18 billion would equal just 0.0338 percent of the $53.128 trillion the Congressional Budget Office currently estimates the federal government will spend over that same 10-year period,” wrote Terence P. Jeffrey, editor-in-chief of CNSNews.com.
          I'll let you do the math regarding how much illegals cost the federal budget. Hint: It comes out to more than the wall would cost, so the net effect on the budget would be a savings.
          Last edited by Annoyed; 29 March 2019, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I'll let you do the math regarding how much illegals cost the federal budget. Hint: It comes out to more than the wall would cost, so the net effect on the budget would be a savings.
            If you take your bias out of the equation, the numbers change quite a bit. You assume the Wall will snip a 0 to the expense column of the budget, which is not going to happen.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              If you take your bias out of the equation, the numbers change quite a bit. You assume the Wall will snip a 0 to the expense column of the budget, which is not going to happen.
              No, it won't go to 0.
              But a wall blocking illegal entry will over time greatly reduce the costs of supporting all these people and their offspring.
              Let their home countries support them.

People make the argument that they are "refugees" from poor economic conditions. (That's not a legitimate refugee to begin with, but we'll set that aside for now.)

Why can't their own country's welfare systems support them? Whatever make them think we are responsible for them?

Comment

Why can't their own country's welfare systems support them?
                poor economic conditions
                you just answered your own question '_'

now give those people a job (the sort that americans won't do) and both sides win
                comprende?

Comment

comprende?
                  Carefull with such words, you might get picked up by the deportation bus (not sure if the new hunting season is on?).
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

you just answered your own question '_'

now give those people a job (the sort that americans won't do) and both sides win
                    comprende?
                    Well, then maybe their home country can run a national debt to pay for it?

Comment

Do you know anything about national debts ratings? Debts ratings are determined mainly with the fiscal policies of the country and its ability to pay back, incrementaly, the money. Venezuela doesn't have access to such loans because it isn't a stable country. Would you be granted a 30k bank loan if you had no income, or were an avid gambler, or had a bad credit score?

Usually letters are assigned to determine the debt rating of a country, here in Québec we've just been boosted from A+ to AA- because of the major debt reductions policies that the previous Liberal administration did, to reduce the national debt to zero.

So nope, that wouldn't work for them. The only option is international aid or deals with friendly coutries, or in the case of Russia which landed a bunch of troops in Venezuela, to pursue an agenda. The US does the same all around the world as well.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

lol

when a hobo asks you for a dollar do you also tell them to take a loan instead?

Comment

Do you know anything about national debts ratings? Debts ratings are determined mainly with the fiscal policies of the country and its ability to pay back, incrementaly, the money. Venezuela doesn't have access to such loans because it isn't a stable country. Would you be granted a 30k bank loan if you had no income, or were an avid gambler, or had a bad credit score?

Usually letters are assigned to determine the debt rating of a country, here in Québec we've just been boosted from A+ to AA- because of the major debt reductions policies that the previous Liberal administration did, to reduce the national debt to zero.

So nope, that wouldn't work for them. The only option is international aid or deals with friendly coutries, or in the case of Russia which landed a bunch of troops in Venezuela, to pursue an agenda. The US does the same all around the world as well.
                          I know the basics of borrowing, credit ratings and such.

And frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. That doesn't mean those people are our responsibility.

Comment

lol

when a hobo asks you for a dollar do you also tell them to take a loan instead?
                            I'd bet my Unas' left arm that he tells them to fook off and get a job.

I know the basics of borrowing, credit ratings and such.

And frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. That doesn't mean those people are our responsibility.
                            I see, the get off my lawn mindset still inhabits you.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I'd bet my Unas' left arm that he tells them to fook off and get a job.
                              Depends upon the circumstances. I have in the past given sober folks help.

But I'll guarantee you one thing. If he demands that I provide assistance, as these illegals do by sneaking in and getting benefits, he'll be utterly ignored.

I see, the get off my lawn mindset still inhabits you.
                              The "Get off my lawn" mindset is the proper one.You will discover that as you get older.

Comment

Typical Annoyed. When he can't come up with an conspiracy theory he uses ageism
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X