Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In an effort to blast the NFL, we can add TV ratings to the long list of things Trump doesn't understand
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      In an effort to blast the NFL, we can add TV ratings to the long list of things Trump doesn't understand
      Trump doesn't even understand what he doesn't understand.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Trump doesn't even understand what he doesn't understand.
        understanding is not understanding

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          As opposed to letting the government run it, like the VA?

There is a very basic core problem here. Health Care, Doctors and all that goes with it is very expensive. Yes, there are many places where overcharging is rampant, but the effort and schooling required to be a doctor is intensive and very expensive, same with the most other things involved in providing the service. That expense prices the service out of reach of most working stiffs on their own.
          Yes, there are places to cut costs; a box of Kleenex shouldn't cost 40 bucks or whatever, that kind of thing. Drug research is expensive also, but why do new drugs that cost 50/dose here cost pennies in other countries? The US population alone should not bear the cost of research.

But the basic problem remains; medical care is very expensive.
          No, the basic premise is the VA is NOT run by the government, it's run by the medical companies because unlike any other first world country, the government does not have the "buying power" of it's entire constituency behind it. All the government does with the VA is -fund- it, and that funding is up to the politicians, it has no control over prices. Please, read what Tood said here.
          This is the same situation as the defence industry.
          The government picks up the bill, but it is the companies that dictate price.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/09/o...a-mueller.html

The main question that comes up is Trump's unwavering adulation and deference to Vladimir Putin. The article talks about Trump's Russian mob connections and how Trump specifically attacks certain people who have a history of identifying and prosecuting against Russian organized crime.

So why is this, and why does he love Russia so much?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

The main question that comes up is Trump's unwavering adulation and deference to Vladimir Putin. The article talks about Trump's Russian mob connections and how Trump specifically attacks certain people who have a history of identifying and prosecuting against Russian organized crime.

Cause no organization in such a capitalist driven society like the US would lend a 6 times bankruptcy "businessman" a freaking dime?
              Criminals, be they US or USSR however would.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

There is a reasonable suspicion here based on circumstantial evidence; what if anything does Putin have on Trump? But 2+ years of investigations have found nothing, and Mueller hasn't been leaving stones unturned.

So while there is cause for suspicion, the article shows the author's real intent towards the end.

Which means that the November elections may determine whether we ever get answers. If Democrats win House control, Schiff will gain subpoena power. If Republicans keep control, just imagine how emboldened Trump will feel. He could mount a full-on assault on the rule of law by shutting down Mueller’s investigation and any other official scrutiny of the Trump Organization.
                Just another anti-trump piece.

Comment

There is a reasonable suspicion here based on circumstantial evidence; what if anything does Putin have on Trump? But 2+ years of investigations have found nothing, and Mueller hasn't been leaving stones unturned.

So while there is cause for suspicion, the article shows the author's real intent towards the end.

Just another anti-trump piece.
                  I sure do love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

It's not hypocrisy, it's rank ignorance.
                    sigpic

Comment

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...cks-nyc-214236
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        It's not hypocrisy, it's rank ignorance.
                        Can't it be both?
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

GOLD!!
                          https://www.salon.com/2018/09/09/mer...ett-kavanaugh/
                          sigpic

Comment

While certainly amusing, there I see nothing approaching proof. Only the ravings of desperate democrats who know they are utterly powerless to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Oh, and need I remind you, that no matter what fantasies they manage to come up with, the Democrats are indeed utterly powerless to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation?

Comment

While certainly amusing, there I see nothing approaching proof. Only the ravings of desperate democrats who know they are utterly powerless to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation.
                              You don't know investigations work, do you?
                              Oh, and need I remind you, that no matter what fantasies they manage to come up with, the Democrats are indeed utterly powerless to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation?
                              Interesting.
                              Why do you keep blaming Obama then?
                              sigpic

Comment

You don't know investigations work, do you?

Interesting.
                                Why do you keep blaming Obama then?
                                What am I blaming Obama for this time?

If you want to place blame, it lies with the Democrats, who invoked the "nuclear option" back in 2013 in order to get Obama's left wing judicial appointees confirmed.

But it's ok for a leftie to stack the deck with left wing justices, isn't it?

I understand why the liberal/left is so desperate.

The liberal agenda is not popular in many parts of the US. Therefore, they can't advance it legislatively, through the Congress as would be proper procedure. So, over a period of decades, they've established a process/pattern of getting the judiciary to create law out of thin air that is neither in the Constitution nor has been passed by Congress.

That is the only path they have to advance many of their ideas, and they are going to lose it. So I understand why they are as crazy as a stepped-on cockroach at the prospect of a 5-4 originalist SCOTUS. Too freaking bad. It's long past time that that end run around the proper process for enacting laws was closed.

It's going to be really hilarious watching them if the Republicans keep the Congress this fall and another liberal judge leaves the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X