Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I chose the term megalomaniac
      Correct.

+5 pts for Gryffindor
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        You're delusional if you think that the government will not abuse the power of having access to our social media accounts.
        Can't read I see.
        Re-read the first paragraph where I explicitly agree with Annoyed, which makes the rest of this:
        This measure will give the government enormous power to spy on our online activities, a 24th century version of the way 20th century collectivist dictatorships kept tabs on their populace. All one of us applying for a gun permit would need to do to get denied were we to give this power to the government is simply disagree with a government official, same as what happened in those dictatorships...simply disagreeing with the Kommissar (sp?) or "Der Führer" or "Il Duce" saw you thrown into prison. If this prospect doesn't scare you like it does me then you need to re-read a 20th century history book.
        Irrelevant, because it no way addresses what I am talking about in the slightest.
        But hey, while you are speaking of totalitarian control. ask two questions and have the government doctor footage and use it to yank your press pass.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          ask two questions and have the government doctor footage and use it to yank your press pass.
          ah but it's not fascism when they do it

Comment

And this Whitehouse thinks it's OK to teargas kids.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              What?
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Not quite.
                The parents of these kids think it's acceptable to bring their children into a hostile situation where they are attempting to sneak or break into another country without against that country's wishes.

That particular stupidity is on the PARENTS, the kids shouldn't be in that situation to begin with.
                Last edited by Annoyed; 03 December 2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Obama did it as well, so let's not pretend it is a new thing to tear gas border hoppers.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    this prospect didn't scare you enough to dissuade you from voting for "The Don"
                    didn't vote for him...didn't vote for Shrillary either

Comment

LOL...I just noticed that I said "24th century" instead of "21st century" in that post about the loony measure to give the government access to our SM accounts....have had too much Star Trek on the brain lately I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Obama did it as well, so let's not pretend it is a new thing to tear gas border hoppers.

It was this..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-...order/10559208
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          Any cursory reading of the history 20th century dictatorships tells us that societies where only the police and military have weapons don't fare well
                          History of 20th century democracies, on the other hand, would suggest that dictatorships don't fare well regardless of their position on gun ownership...
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Don't try to hang this on Trump. If they hadn't been accompanying their parents as they attempted to cross the border illegally, and in some cases storming it, throwing rocks and such at the border patrols agents, they wouldn't have been in a position to get teargassed, period. This is the fault of the parents alone.

In fact, maybe the kids should be taken away from their parents for their own good. Any parent which willingly brings his kids into a potentially hostile combat situation probably shouldn't have the kids to begin with. I wonder if their native countries have a version of child protective services?

Here's the solution. Don't try to sneak into the country. Or try to storm it, as some of these folks were stupid enough to try.
                            Last edited by Annoyed; 04 December 2018, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Don't try to hang this on Trump. If they hadn't been accompanying their parents as they attempted to cross the border illegally, and in some cases storming it, throwing rocks and such at the border patrols agents, they wouldn't have been in a position to get teargassed, period. This is the fault of the parents alone.
                              Was in agreement until ...

In fact, maybe the kids should be taken away from their parents for their own good.
                              Please stop. Your administration already tried that and we all know how it ended.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                Was in agreement until ...

Please stop. Your administration already tried that and we all know how it ended.
                                I am not talking about the US separating children from their parents. I am talking about their native (origin) countries taking the kids away from these parents after they return home, having failed to get into the U.S.

Bringing your kids to a situation where you are likely to be fired upon as a result of trying to illegally enter, in some cases forcibly another nation doesn't indicate good parenting skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X