This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    I do believe military service allows for conscientious objection to carrying out wartime acts that wouldn't be just....such as thermonuking 2 whole cities with lots of non-combatants (one of the rules of just warfare is to never intentionally target non-combatants)
    Given that there is only ONE example in history of that, I don't buy your non argument. If you need me to be specific, I was talking about the post 9/11 war on Iraq that was not justified as Iraq produced exactly ZERO of the people who commited the act.
    but it is a historical fact that the original 10 Commandments was written in ancient Hebrew...and some of those old languages often don't translate well into English
    It's a historical fact that Norse runes don't translate well into English because they are "idea's" as well as words AND letters.
    So what?
    Stop excusing things, and accept the fact that even the best idea's, and ideals of Catholicism can, and have been abused.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Yes, that is -exactly- what I am saying Garhkal. What else do you call a belief in an unproven being that for some reason cares about you personally?
      Sounds pretty mental to me. It's obviously a pre-existing condition, so should they serve? What if they are in combat and remember "thou shalt not kill" at an inconvenient time and refuse to fire on the enemy and it costs people their lives?
      Strange, we've had religious folk in EVERY WAR we have had as a nation, and i can't remember a single instance reported, of someone refusing to shoot the enemy cause "thou shall not kill".
      NOW THAT IS NOT TO say we have not had anyone refuse to use a gun.. Such as the Medic who refused, and took it to court martial to still serve, just without a gun.. In fact a movie (Hacksaw ridge) was made about him..

But here's a question.. IF you say we should let those who are transgendered in what of those who feel they are transabled??
      http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/02/me...y-as-disabled/

http://www.naturalnews.com/050100_tr...abilities.html

Should they also be let in, for equality sake?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Strange, we've had religious folk in EVERY WAR we have had as a nation, and i can't remember a single instance reported, of someone refusing to shoot the enemy cause "thou shall not kill".
        Really?
        Cause, strangely enough, I have never heard of a trans person refusing to do their job either...........
        Guess both examples are bull S**t eh?
        NOW THAT IS NOT TO say we have not had anyone refuse to use a gun.. Such as the Medic who refused, and took it to court martial to still serve, just without a gun.. In fact a movie (Hacksaw ridge) was made about him..
        Nah, really?
        But here's a question.. IF you say we should let those who are transgendered in what of those who feel they are transabled??
        http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/02/me...y-as-disabled/

http://www.naturalnews.com/050100_tr...abilities.html

Should they also be let in, for equality sake?
        You are STILL failing to answer the question, just throwing up more straw.
        ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION.
        You want ME to chase your little distractions and "whatabout-isms" across the net, but you, and annoyed consistently FAIL at answering anything put in front of you.
        Piss off, or grow up, make a choice.
        sigpic

Comment

This is what happens when cisgenders debate what it means to be trans.

None of you have any idea what you're talking about.

And you all sound so stupid.

I mean, seriously, nothing any of you have said is right.
          Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 31 July 2017, 04:20 AM.

Comment

This is supposed to be a politics thread.

Not the bigoted, hateful, ignorant ******* thread.

Russia just expelled all the US diplomats. The American President is a moron. Britain is imploding in the Brexit crisis.

There is enough going on in the world right now, today, to fill this thread for a month. And the same will be true again tomorrow.

Now drop the bigoted debate over whether other actual human beings deserve to live and get back on the topic of politics.

Or shut this thread down.

Comment

Given that there is only ONE example in history of that, I don't buy your non argument. If you need me to be specific, I was talking about the post 9/11 war on Iraq that was not justified as Iraq produced exactly ZERO of the people who commited the act.

It's a historical fact that Norse runes don't translate well into English because they are "idea's" as well as words AND letters.
              So what?
              Stop excusing things, and accept the fact that even the best idea's, and ideals of Catholicism can, and have been abused.
              Well the first rule of the just warfare doctrine is that one country should not go to war with another unless all other peaceful recourse has been exhausted or shown to be impractical

in the particular instance you're thinking of there is of course some debate and we may never know all the details. The premise was that Iraq was hiding WMD's for terrorists to use. WMD's were never found. However many contend that Hussein hid these alleged WMD's in Iraq's vast network of underground caves. Don't forget though that Iraq has also traditionally been hostile to our allies in the Middle East, so there could have been some of that coming into play too. Still others contend that it was solely for the purpose of gaining control of an oil rich country, which would certainly be an unjust premise for waging war. Somehow though I don't think we're ever gonna know the real reason we went to war with Iraq as most governments by and large tend to play things very close to the vest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                Russia just expelled all the US diplomats. The American President is a moron. Britain is imploding in the Brexit crisis.
                Not doing much to dispel the notion of an ignorant thread here.

Russia has not expelled all USA diplomats but rather enough of them to match the number of Russian diplomats who were allowed to stay in the USA when Obama expelled some of the Russian diplomatic staff.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I'm not talking about pacifism Tood, I am talking -only- to the 10 commandments. Now, you can argue that there is a body of work -surrounding- them, how to interpret them etc, but the 10 commandments -as written- do not themselves contain asterix's or numbered footnotes written by God
                  As a matter of fact, there is not even an agreement on what the 10 commandments are.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

You are STILL failing to answer the question, just throwing up more straw.
                    ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION.
                    Since the Mil begain, we have had Religious folk fighting, and even PUT IN CHAPLINS for their ministrations.. THERE's been no issue with them..
                    So. NO there shouldn't be a reason they can't serve.

Now drop the bigoted debate over whether other actual human beings deserve to live and get back on the topic of politics.

Or shut this thread down.
                    Pharo, how is it being bigoted to say Since transgenderism is a mental issue, they should be disbarred from serving just like thousands of other people with mental issues? AND SINCE trump made it political with his "we are going to ban them" comment, how is discussing this NOT hitting on politics?

Also, how is saying "You can't serve" Telling these people they don't deserve to live?

Comment

The MOOCH is gone. 10 days, we have a new record

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-0...rector/8762142
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't believe you two debated a hyperbole.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe he didn't realize it was a hyperbole
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Maybe he didn't realize it was a hyperbole
                            But I told him that it was...
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

That would require him to know what a hyperbole is
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

This is what happens when cisgenders debate what it means to be trans.

None of you have any idea what you're talking about.

And you all sound so stupid.

I mean, seriously, nothing any of you have said is right.
                                Fine.
                                You are on your own.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X