This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I bet Australia is playing the long game for when a child isn't in charge. That seems to be the nature of diplomacy
    That, and we are the -only- ally of the US who has gone to war/police action in history.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      That's the key right there. ONE PLANET. One nation's disaster affects the rest of the world. Even if it's just an outpouring of assistance, one crisis ripples around the globe. Be it a huge earth quake, tsunami or war, it still generates refugees, needs for help and destabilization that hits everyone.

BUt as long as we cling to this 'mine is bigger, stay off my lawn' attitude, nothing will change. As long as we pillage the future for short term profit, nothing will change. As long as we cling to this 'i can win a nuclear war' fantasy, nothing will change. The ONLY thing that wins in a nuclear war is the next species that rises to dominance.

But the fear mongering continues because some would rather cling to their big stick as they cower in the corner, afraid of what's out there, rather than step out and join the rest and learn how to live as a single planet, not a grouping of petty bickering children.
      So why don't we go with NO nations, NO borders and just become ONE people?? Good luck with that!

Comment

And as long as people have that attitude, it will never happen.

Fear, fear of others, fear of having to fit in or not being a big fish in a little pond, fear of having to share and greed are the main enemies of the future.

we are our own worst enemy. And as long as we try to control and use others we will remain our own worst enemy
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe unification can't occur until all parties can stand as equals with each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Maybe unification can't occur until all parties can stand as equals with each other?
            Sure, but how do you propose that happening? The wealthy nations don't want to "give handouts" to the poorer nations, and the militaristically most powerful refuse to give up any advantage that it gives them.
            Do we go backwards to go forwards?
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah. As long as there's greed ruling the day.....as in pooh on you, I need more money, I don't care if you can't pay for your meds, I need to keep my shareholders happy, My stick is bigger than yours, so you can fear me, I want this, I own that, you don't.....as long as ME matters more than US, nothing will really change.

Even things as simple as 'i'm gonna run the red because I need to get to work and can't stop' just perpetrate the same issues.

Victim shaming vs personal responsibility.

sigpic

Comment

So, trump today on Charlottesville, quite a sight.
                Still just "foot in mouth" I guess.
                sigpic

Comment

More like leg in mouth

The real 45 stood up today, with full fledged victim blaming 'you don't want to get hurt at demonstrations, don't protest demonstrations' Justify violence is like the wife beater 'but she made me mad, I had to hit her'.

The question isn't as much how reprehensible he acts but how deep party loyalty runs and will the R's ever grow a set and step back, putting country ahead of party, or will they still keep enabling him. Not that Pence is much better on a morality and equality front, he's just a bit more polished.

sigpic

Comment

For anyone who missed it........
                    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...nscript-241662
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      More like leg in mouth

The real 45 stood up today, with full fledged victim blaming 'you don't want to get hurt at demonstrations, don't protest demonstrations' Justify violence is like the wife beater 'but she made me mad, I had to hit her'.
                      How is that victim blaming?? If those counter protestors were not even there, THERE WOULDN'T hae been any violence?

Comment

So, thier presence "forced" some terrorist to employ ISIS style tactics and kill someone with their car.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          Sure, but how do you propose that happening? The wealthy nations don't want to "give handouts" to the poorer nations, and the militaristically most powerful refuse to give up any advantage that it gives them.
                          Do we go backwards to go forwards?
                          What about the poorer nations developing themselves and earning their way to equal standing rather than depending upon handouts? How many of these "poorer" nations have shot themselves in the foot, like Turkey did?

You have a good point about the military, though. I don't see how that could be equalized.

Comment

So, thier presence "forced" some terrorist to employ ISIS style tactics and kill someone with their car.
                            Don't get me wrong, there is no justifiable excuse for running a crowd down with your car, terrorist/ISIS-style. Throw the book at that guy. No excuse for ruining a good Dodge Challenger like that.

But outside of that, the event was violent before that. Has anyone determined which side started the violence? Did the "Unite the Right" folks, or one of their number begin the conflict or was it one of the counter-protesters? Who threw the first punch? There's your guilty party as far as the rest of it goes.

I don't approve or condone the bigoted, racist message the KKK & others of that ilk spew forth. But they have the right to spew it. The proper response is to give it all due consideration and move on. In other words, ignore them. How much publicity has that bunch gotten out of this?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              How is that victim blaming?? If those counter protestors were not even there, THERE WOULDN'T hae been any violence?
                              THe person that got in that car CHOSE to disrespect someone's right to disagree with them and answer that action with violence and death. No one MADE him get behind that wheel. No one forced him to steer a certain direction. He chose to. He chose to take violent action because, we can guess, he felt empowered to act out and be violent instead of going 'yeah, they don't agree with me, ah well, too bad' and moving on....which is what he expects the other side to do....to say 'ok, yeah, they're nazis, we dont' like them but let's move on'.

Yet we have a person in power (I would say world leader but 45 is not that) giving him tacit blessing by his both sides comment. It's victim blaming. It's taking the responsibility for murder off the shoulders of the person driving the car, and placing it on the person that was there.

The same rationale could be used to justify a serial killer....hey,my compulsion is to kill blonde college co-eds, so if you don't want me to hunt you, dye your hair and stay in your dorm room'.

You were there, you made me hurt you.

Complete and total BS. IT's shifting responsibility for actions off those that commit those actions onto the victims.

What next? 'We're only nazis because there are blacks and jews and gypseys and muslims and mexicans and.......... in the world. You want us to stop existing, well once we get rid of all of you we won't need to exist'.

sigpic

Comment

If the groups were not conflicting, then would that dumb shic have drove his car into the oppoistion?

AND IF you wanna liken them to ISIS< then compare it properly.
                                WHICH group wants to destroy historic monuments and statues, which ISIS and the taliban has done? OH Yea the Antifa nuts.

Which group likes to show up, at these 'events' dressed in all black wearing face masks, LIKE ISIS.. Antifa again.

Comment

Working...
                                X