This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I was intrigued by one of the sidebar items...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LAol_ZWEkw "What if Germany won WWII?"

I think I prefer "The Man in the High Castle" to their version.

There's a movie called Fatherland. You should get it as it presents a very different alternate history.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109779/combined
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      Ran into this video in youtube. Comparing what it look like if the US split between Republican and Democratic states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsTo_iq2SJ8
      That was an interesting watch. BUT i was surprised they ranked the Dem's side economy higher, all cause of controling CA and NY..

Comment

I've been wishing that he'd just shut the hell up and carry out his agenda for a long time now. Worst case of foot-in-mouth disease I've ever seen.
        He should really, but I doubt he will.

On a separate note... Your siggie pic. What the hell are you going to do if the writers split those two up next season?
        I'm more inclined to believe that they will kill Maggie (but they already did that on The 100 so maybe not). Meh, we'll see. Perhaps we might get a wedding, but even that will probably be filled with aliens messing things up and everything going to hell in a handbasket and then they get hitched by the end of the second episode. It could be the midseason 2-parter.

After all, Floriana isn't a regular anymore so they'll probably have her for half the episodes (which I think is better anyway) so they can make extra good use of her.

But they'll probably kill Maggie and sent Alex in some dark, brooding spiral.

In any case, canon can be ignored at will.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Slashers don't let a small thing like canon get in the way. They are nuts.
        I originally said shippers but I couldn't let FH go nuts
        Slashers, shippers... I don't care either way.

And in this case, it's Femslashers.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Now you are just being picky FH
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            just for you Cat
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]42271[/ATTACH]
            And The Democrats claim to be Compassionate People and yet they love to kill babies as often as they can. Funny how that works out......

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            It's funny though. The only ones mentioning the "leftists" are right-leaning newspages.
            I almost mis-read that as Right-Leaning NewsPAPERS....Almost spit out my pepsi laughing at it...
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
              And The Democrats claim to be Compassionate People and yet they love to kill babies as often as they can. Funny how that works out......
              as opposed to Compassionate republicans depriving real babies of healthcare
              (less funny how that works out tho)

I almost mis-read that as Right-Leaning NewsPAPERS
              toilet paper?
              Last edited by SoulReaver; 04 July 2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                as opposed to Compassionate republicans depriving real babies of healthcare
                (works out less funny for the parents tho)

toilet paper?
                Well if we just implement the Lefts Abort all Babies Policy they won't neeed Healthcare will they!?
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                  Well if we just implement the Lefts Abort all Babies Policy they won't neeed Healthcare will they!?
                  so you being right hinges on us being right - I'm good

Comment

Just as much as being Off Your Hinges makes you Left.

I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

give you a C for covfefe for that one

Comment

I am going to have as much fun as I can before the NORKS finally get off their butts and start Nuking the West Coast of the U.S now that they have missiles that can now go that far..

THANKS OBAMA!!!!
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

and wait till the fallout reaches the rest of the US

Comment

Nah. The Califunny Rockies will keep it contained to the coast areas. So Good Bye Califunny! You sucked but I guess Hollywood will be missed but not for long.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't have time to watch that tonight, I'm in vac. mode and enjoying music atm.
                              But just imagine if Hitler was a little more willing to listen to his advisors, but still his otherwise batshiznit-crazy self? Germany could very well have won that war if the US hadn't been drawn in by the Japanese. She would have then turned on her allies, Italy & Japan. Might have won it anyway if they had gotten nukes first. Hitler had a nuke program.
                              This got me thinking. I find it hard to believe that a German victory would have to include a Japanese victory. Japan simply couldn't sustain open warfare with the US, nor prevent it. It lacked the industrial capability to do so. So let's say Germany stayed away from the US and decided that Japan was a lost cause. Japan surrenders.

Russia does not win the battle of Stalingrad, but retreats one more time abandoning Moscow and the government with a portion of the military and refugees hide out in the Ural mountains, or just beyond them, awaiting certain doom. This means that they won't be fueling any communist takeovers in the world, the redscare ends.

The United Kingdom falls to the Nazi hordes. The royal family flees to Canada and reforms the Commonwealth States into the Confederation of Commonwealth States as a place holder for the waning British Empire.

Chinese republican forces end up defeating Communist forces (Not sure how possible and long this would be, but let's say it happens) and forms a presidential quasi democratic dictatorship supported by the industrial might of the US spreading American brand of "democracy" into Indochina and Korea. I imagine that the communist Chinese might move north and join up with the Soviet remnant forces and form some sort of depleted Siberian state and find a way to develop nukes of their own.

Nazi Germany pushes the peoples of Eastern Europe out just like we did to the Native Americans, except with more explicit extermination and such. They have puppet facist governments in Greece, Vichy France, Spain, and Italy.

The US political system becomes divided between Nazi friendly fascists and Capitalist Democrats. I would assume that the American Fascists would form their own party and Republicans would be the opposing party gutting the Democratic party. The GOP would back Martin Luther's civil rights movement reluctantly since they would need African Americans to offset votes from former southern democrats and northern fascists in the new American Fascist Party.

I can imagine that Germany would have to constantly fight rebellions in Africa and Asia, especially those supported by a Sino-American alliance using Japan as an industrial powerhouse. I imagine that Fascist French forces would lose to "democratic" insurgents funded by the Republic of China. Latin America would become an ideological battleground between Democracy and Fascism. Eventually Germany would start nuking rebels in Africa and the Middle East. The increased need for oil would force the Sino-American alliance to fight proxy wars in the Middle East against the Germans. Eventually the issue with radiation would become cause of concern causing some of its European puppets to ask politely that the Reich stop nuking the Earth into a nuclear winter. Eventually the French, being the snobs they are, feel that they do fascism better and make a break from Germany and take Italy with them (Since they most likely would be mad with the eventual destruction of the Catholic Church in German territory). Spain might wait to see what happens.

The Siberian state or whatever is going on there would become a great place for any sort of rebellion in eastern Europe to hide and rearm...though not much. Eventually, the Confederation of Commonwealth States would want the British Islands "back".

I don't see a way out of WWIII before the 60's unless everything goes well for the Nazis. Lots of radiation, and a very crappy world afterwords....if it survives. And even if the best case scenario happens for the Nazis, they would still end up using nukes anyway to stop rebellions that take the fight out of what little military powers remain that can oppose them without being drawn into long Vietnam style wars. It would still cause irreparable damage to the Earth, and a lot of Aryans would be born with cancer and deformities and sterile which would slam in the face of their idea of being superhuman or something. And I can't even begin to imagine just how much viruses would have a field day in a population that lacks genetic diversity.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              That was an interesting watch. BUT i was surprised they ranked the Dem's side economy higher, all cause of controling CA and NY..
                              Those are two of the biggest economic centers in the US. Why would you be surprised?
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

That would be a good analogy if it weren't so full of historical inaccuracies
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X